Full Day Wine Tour
- Wine Tasting
- Price from:
- 450 ZAR /person
- +27 (0) 21 887 5487
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Afrikaans
Last updated: 06/14/2008
Based in the heart of the winelands, our specialty is wine! We cater for the connoisseur, the wine lover, and even the wine novices we want you to spend a day enjoying award winning wines
The circular route we follow has the focal point of the great Simonsberg Mountain and includes various mountain passes, including the route back into Stellenbosch, over the Helshoogte mountain pass with stunning vistas over the valley. We aim to visit between three and four estates on a tour.First Stop: We introduce you to the wine making methods used in this region, including a cellar tour and a demonstration of wine tasting methods. We sample the wines produced by this estate.Second Stop: A vast array of different styles of wine are available here, on a farm where wine making can be traced back to the 1700's. This farm also has international award-winning goat's cheeses for tasting.Third stop: Is for lunch in the Franschhoek region. Venues included various wine estates and local restaurants. Lunch is included in the price, with hot & cold options available and catering for vegetarians.Afternoon estates: We will continue with a high standard of wine tasting at estates known for their spectacular scenery and chances to take the classic Cape Winelands photographs.Includes free pick up from your accommodation in Stellenbosch (additional charges may apply for pick up outside of Stellenbosch).Wine estates and order visited may vary. If you have a particular wine estate you are interested in visiting, please mention at the time of booking or at least 24 hours in advance of your tour.
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
- Personnel purchases - such as bottles of wine, cheese, brandy ....
- Extras -
- Visit the three main regions of the Cape Winelands in one day - Stellenbosch, Franschoek & Paarl.Private tours & chaffeur driver services, available on request.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Stellenbosch
Email the tour operator - Full Day Wine Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.