Exclusive Kruger Game Drives
- Price from:
- 347 GBP /person
- 01273 322047
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/19/2009
Combine a visit to the epic Blyde River Canyon with the exclusive Timbavati Game Reserve. One of the most highly populated wildlife reserves, the Timbavati provides a great chance to see the big 5.
Johannesburg/Pretoria - DullstroomLeave Pretoria early in the morning by rental car and take the N4 to the eastern province of Mpumalanga. Slowly but surely, the countryside will become more meadow-like and hilly and traffic will become scarce. Arrive in Dullstroom in the afternoon; this is one of the best fly fishing areas in South Africa and the area is also known for its birds of prey and breathtaking horseback rides. This picturesque town is a great place to spend the night between Pretoria and the Timbavati Game Reserve. You'll sleep in a charming guest house with a fireplace and a large garden in which you'll find many different types of birds.
Total distance on day 1 is approximately 300 km or 3,5 hours.
Dullstroom - Timbavati (via Blyde River Canyon)Today you'll have plenty of time for sight-seeing in this spectacular area. Drive past Blyde River Canyon and visit the uniquely shaped hills at the Three Rondavels. Along the way stop to see the effects of wind and erosion on stone at Bourkes Luck Potholes. Another must-see is the view from Gods Window, where you can see all the way to Mozambique if skies are clear. A fun stop along the way is the former mining town Pilgrim's Rest with its historic houses and friendly cafÃ©s.
Once you reach Timbavati, freshen up on a porch overlooking the (usually) dry riverbed of the Nshlaralumi river and an animal watering hole. In most cases your first game drive through this beautiful reserve will take place shortly after your arrival (be sure to arrive before 15.00).
Total distance on day 2 is approximately 200 km or 2,5 hours.
TimbavatiSpend the entire day in the Timbavati Reserve. You'll go on organised game walks and game drives deep into the bush lead by professional Shangaan trackers. The lodge has game drive rights on approximately 10.000 acres of land. Approximately 40 large animal species live here such as lions, elephants, cheetahs, leopards, rhinos, hyenas and wild dogs. However, don't forget about the smaller animals; there are 350 or so different species of birds. Take time out in between game walks and game drives to relax on the terrace of your bungalow or to take a nap in a hammock near the swimming pool in the rocks.
In the evening you'll have your dinner by campfire, where the most delicious meals will be prepared. Behind your bungalow lies an authentic, thatched, open air bathroom with shower and toilet. After an exciting day of safari you'll be able to enjoy a warm shower, under the stars or in the glow of an oil lantern.
Timbavati - Kruger Park - HazyviewAfter a game drive and breakfast, head off towards Kruger's Orpen Gate. Pass Satara and the Orpen dam and slowly head south towards Skukuza. You'll have most of the day to spot wild animals in Kruger Park. The roads are in excellent condition and most of the roads are paved. Although you'll drive comfortably, keep in mind that the speed limit is only 40 km/hour. Make sure to leave the park on time. Spend the night right outside of Kruger Park in the village of Hazyview, where you'll stay in a cosy hotel with pool.
Total distance on day 4 is approximately 250 km or 3,5 hours.
Hazyview - Swaziland/Johannesburg
This morning you'll travel by car to Johannesburg taking in the scenic African countryside as you go.
- Inclusions -
- Dullstroom and Hazyview breakfast included, Timbavati based on full board and 2 game activities per day (one game activity on day 2, two activities on day 3 and one activity on day 4), coffee/tea, rangers and trail information
- Exclusions -
- Car rental, entrance fees Timbavati and Kruger (132 Rand per person, per day)
- Extras -
- This travel module can be combined very well with our 'Beehive Huts and St. Lucia' tour.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Johannesburg
- Johannesburg City Tour - from 300 ZAR
- Soweto Cultural Half Day Tour - from 650 ZAR
- Soweto Experience - from 850 ZAR
- Adventures Incorporated - from 250 ZAR
- Jozi Jive - from 800 ZAR
- Newtown Walking Tour - from 80 ZAR
- Soweto Tour - from 695 ZAR
- Lesedi Cultural Village and Sterkfontein Caves - from 800 ZAR
- De Wildt Cheetah Farm and Pretoria - from 550 ZAR
- Sun City - from 750 ZAR
- Pretoria and Cullinan Diamond Mine - from 965 ZAR
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve - from 1250 ZAR
- 9 Day Kruger Park & Barra Reef - 9 days from 1680 USD
- 8 Day 7 Night Self Drive Tour Kruger Park And Mozambique - 8 days from 1500 USD
- 4 Day 3 Night Kruger National Park Safarional Park Safari - 4 days from 850 USD
- The Ultimate South Africa Experience - 20 days from 1183 GBP
- Eastern Nature Trail - 14 days from 723 GBP
- Cultures Off The Beaten Track - 24 days from 1152 GBP
- Out Of Africa - 23 days from 1419 GBP
- South Africa Without Borders - 27 days from 1378 GBP
- 22 Day Kruger & Botswana and Zimbabwe Tour - 22 days from 990 GBP
- 24 Day South Africa 4WD Tour - 24 days from 1197 GBP
- Go South Africa - 20 days from 1098 GBP
- Carefree South Africa - 20 days from 1132 GBP
- 10 Day South Africa and Mozambique 4WD - 10 days from 350 GBP
- 15 Day South Africa 4WD - 15 days from 848 GBP
- 17 Day South Africa 4WD - 17 days from 718 GBP
- 18 Day Beach and Bush South Africa and Mozambique 4WD - 18 days from 853 GBP
- Culture and Parks of the North - 6 days from 586 GBP
- Lesotho Mountain Trail - 8 days from 251 GBP
- Kruger Walking Tours - 5 days from 462 GBP
- 3 Day Budget Kruger Park Open Vehicle Safari - 3 days from 3980 ZAR
- 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Open Vehicle Safari - 4 days from 4830 ZAR
- 8 Day Accessible Kruger Safari - 8 days from 8999 ZAR
- Namaqualand Daisy Tour - 6 days from 6750 ZAR
- Dinaka Horseback Safaris - 8 days from 3344 USD
- Classical South Africa 14 Days - 14 days from 2000 USD
- Johannesburg and Durban Golf Tour - 9 days from 14054 ZAR
- Africa Big 5 Kruger National Park - 10 days from 2500 USD
- 3 Day Kruger Park Safari - 3 days from 5980 ZAR
- Kruger National Park Explorer - 4 days from 8400 ZAR
- Great Wildlife Expedition - 6 days from 12500 ZAR
- Cultural Experience - 4 days from 8000 ZAR
- Kruger Safari - 4 days from 7000 ZAR
- Luxury Safari - 8 days from 30000 ZAR
Email the tour operator - Exclusive Kruger Game Drives
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.