Africa Big 5 Kruger National Park
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 2500 USD /person
- +27(0)13 7412001
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Johannesburg International Airport
- Location Finish:
- Johannesburg International Airport
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Zulu, Afrikaans
Last updated: 12/13/2006
Experience the pulse of Africa-the magnificent "Big 5! Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant and Rhino! Exclusive, luxury Panorama/Kruger Tour. Specialist tourguide/animal behaviour expert. Min 6-max 8 pax
Pickup at Johannesburg International. Short trip to luxury, private game lodge to unwind on the deck overlookig the valley. See elephants and giraffe approach within arms reach of the camp. Supper and overnight.
Travel through to luxury resort situated near to the restored historic village of Pilgrim's Rest. Settle in and take a short game drive or hike within the resort. Afternoon at the heated indoor pool and jacuzzi. Traditional South African "braai" (barbeque)on the deck under the Africa night sky! Overnight in thatched chalets overlooking the Drakensberg escaprment.
Leisurely breakfast, then visit Pilgrim's Rest and hear about the gold rush history in this area. Scenic drive to God's Window, the Three Rondawels, the beautiful Bourke's Luck potholes and God's Window, where, on a clear day you can see across to Mozambique. Return to Holiday resort to overnight after a traditional South Africa meal.
Depart the resort for Hoedspruit, where we will be accommodated at the delightful Forest Camp, to enjoy sundowners on the deck at the edge of the forest, watching the baboons return to their sleeping places. After a sumptuous meal, we take a night drive in an open vehilce to view Rhino, Zebra and elephant, if we are lucky. Overnight in this intriguing venue.
Depart for a tour of the Wildlife Rehabilitation centre, where one can interact with some of the wildlife. Hand-feed the vultures! Return for breakfast, and then depart for the fabulous Kruger National Park. Settle in at the luxury tented camp. Each en-suite, double tent is raised onto a deck overlooking the dry river bed. Hyenas prowl the fences at night.(On the outside of course!) Game drive in the afternoon returning for a traditional meal.
Early morning game drive before returning for breakfast. Game drive in Kruger up to Letaba Camp, searching for the big five. The atmosphere of Kruger is unparalled! Return for sundowners and supper. Overnight in the tented camp.
Early morning game drive, stopping at one of the picnic spots for a Champagne brunch. Return to camp to relax and explore. Late afternoon game drive. Overnight tented camp.
Breakfast, then game drive to Private Bush Lodge within Kruger. The private camps are exclusive - no day visitors allowed, and the accommodation is in thatched chalets. Game viewing is good in this area. Overnight
Breakfast, then game drive to waterhole where we will spent quiet time watching the wildlife. Hopefully by now you will have had your fill of elephants, rhino, lion, buffalo and perhaps the shy Leopard and Cheetah.
Leisurely breakfast, pack, game drive through the park to exit and make our way back to Johannesburg in time for your evening flight.
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
- Personal toiletries
- Extras -
- All accommodation is of a high standard, and specifically chosen to reflect the atmosphere of Africa. Breakfasts are full English breakfast. Lunches are, of necessity, packed or picnic lunches. Evening meals are traditional cuisine, specifically selected to reflect the various cultures of our "Rainbow Nation".All travel in by luxury Mercedes Sprinter bus, with PA system, Air-conditioning, fridge and freezer, individual overhead lights and wide windows for game viewing and photography.Your host, Louis-John and Judy have over 30 years exoerience in the game and travel industry, and make it a priority to cater for your every need. Louis-John is a raconteur of note, and an animal behaviour expert.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Johannesburg
- Johannesburg City Tour - from 300 ZAR
- Soweto Cultural Half Day Tour - from 650 ZAR
- Soweto Experience - from 850 ZAR
- Adventures Incorporated - from 250 ZAR
- Jozi Jive - from 800 ZAR
- Newtown Walking Tour - from 80 ZAR
- Soweto Tour - from 695 ZAR
- Lesedi Cultural Village and Sterkfontein Caves - from 800 ZAR
- De Wildt Cheetah Farm and Pretoria - from 550 ZAR
- Sun City - from 750 ZAR
- Pretoria and Cullinan Diamond Mine - from 965 ZAR
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve - from 1250 ZAR
- 9 Day Kruger Park & Barra Reef - 9 days from 1680 USD
- 8 Day 7 Night Self Drive Tour Kruger Park And Mozambique - 8 days from 1500 USD
- 4 Day 3 Night Kruger National Park Safarional Park Safari - 4 days from 850 USD
- The Ultimate South Africa Experience - 20 days from 1183 GBP
- Eastern Nature Trail - 14 days from 723 GBP
- Cultures Off The Beaten Track - 24 days from 1152 GBP
- Out Of Africa - 23 days from 1419 GBP
- South Africa Without Borders - 27 days from 1378 GBP
- 22 Day Kruger & Botswana and Zimbabwe Tour - 22 days from 990 GBP
- 24 Day South Africa 4WD Tour - 24 days from 1197 GBP
- Go South Africa - 20 days from 1098 GBP
- Carefree South Africa - 20 days from 1132 GBP
- 10 Day South Africa and Mozambique 4WD - 10 days from 350 GBP
- 15 Day South Africa 4WD - 15 days from 848 GBP
- 17 Day South Africa 4WD - 17 days from 718 GBP
- 18 Day Beach and Bush South Africa and Mozambique 4WD - 18 days from 853 GBP
- Exclusive Kruger Game Drives - 5 days from 347 GBP
- Culture and Parks of the North - 6 days from 586 GBP
- Lesotho Mountain Trail - 8 days from 251 GBP
- Kruger Walking Tours - 5 days from 462 GBP
- 3 Day Budget Kruger Park Open Vehicle Safari - 3 days from 3980 ZAR
- 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Open Vehicle Safari - 4 days from 4830 ZAR
- 8 Day Accessible Kruger Safari - 8 days from 8999 ZAR
- Namaqualand Daisy Tour - 6 days from 6750 ZAR
- Dinaka Horseback Safaris - 8 days from 3344 USD
- Classical South Africa 14 Days - 14 days from 2000 USD
- Johannesburg and Durban Golf Tour - 9 days from 14054 ZAR
- 3 Day Kruger Park Safari - 3 days from 5980 ZAR
- Kruger National Park Explorer - 4 days from 8400 ZAR
- Great Wildlife Expedition - 6 days from 12500 ZAR
- Cultural Experience - 4 days from 8000 ZAR
- Kruger Safari - 4 days from 7000 ZAR
- Luxury Safari - 8 days from 30000 ZAR
Email the tour operator - Africa Big 5 Kruger National Park
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.