9 Day Kruger Park & Barra Reef
- Price from:
- 1680 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 06.30 am
- End time:
- 07.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 09/13/2009
A 9 Day (8 Night) Leisure / adventure holiday discovering the wildness of the African bush inside the Kruger National Park and the spectacular beauty of Mozambique.
Day 1: Travel to Kruger Park.
We depart from Johannesburg at around 06:00 and travelling in air-conditioned 4x4 off-road vehicle, your first stop will be in the Mpumalanga highlands for an early breakfast and thereafter a visit to Pilgrims Rest, some spectacular waterfalls and the awesome God's window. From here we will travel to our accommodation at the Kruger Park.
Day 2: The Kruger Park.
After a leisurely breakfast we will depart at around 08:00 we will depart on a slow, relaxing day game drive through the game-intensive southern parts of the Park. We will stop from time to time just to take in some refreshments or eatables. We should return to the camp in the late afternoon. In the evening you will be treated to a typical South African bush meal.
Day 3: The Kruger Park.
After a leisurely breakfast we will depart at around 08:00 we will depart on a slow, relaxing day game drive through the central parts of the Park en-route to our following destination. We will stop from time to time just to take in some refreshments or eatables. We should arrive at the camp in the late afternoon. In the evening you will be treated to another typical South African bush meal.
Day 4: Travel to Inhambane, Mozambique
A very early departure at 06:00 travelling to the Giriyondo border gate and crossing into the Parque Nacional do Limpopo, Mozambique. This park is part of the Trans-frontier extension of the Kruger park into Mozambique. Enjoying a packed breakfast en-route we will progress eastward to link up with the EN1. This will take us northward eventually reaching our destination just east of Inhambane. On arrival at our Lodge, you will be booked into your accommodation. Due to slow driving conditions in most cases this is a whole day trip, but you will experience parts of Africa not seen by the normal tourist!
Day 5: Barra Reef
Ah, we are at the sea at last and after breakfast its time to take in the pristine beaches of the Barra Reef.
AM - The morning is your own leisure time - scuba, snorkelling, bathing. I will be around to facilitate any special requests, or activities you wish to do/.
PM - In the afternoon we will do a leisurely excursion to Inhambane which will include a visit a quaint museum, 170 year old cathedral, the harbour, historical buildings of note, local shops and the Mercado (vibrant town market), where you can shop for African arts, crafts and goods.
Breakfast and dinner are at the local Lodge restaurant located on the beach, or we may go scouting for other exciting restaurants
Day 6: Barra Reef
AM - Leisure time - Scuba, snorkelling, sun bathing.
PM - In the afternoon you may continue at your own leisure or take in a leisurely horse ride or cultural quad bike tour. Late afternoon we will depart for sundowners, dinner and a spectacular view of the sun setting over the bay. Breakfast is at the local Lodge restaurant on the beach.
Day 7: Barra Reef
AM - At your leisure as before.
PM - We will depart before lunch and accompany you to Inhambane for a light lunch. We will do a dhow trip across the bay to the little town of Maxixe or a local island for some more fun and enjoyment before we return to Inhambane, and then the Lodge.
The balance of the time is yours to enjoy at your own leisure with any activity you may wish to partake in. I am always on hand with advice or assistance should you require it.
Breakfast is at the local Lodge restaurant on the beach.
Day 8: Travelling to Maputo
We return to South Africa on the eleventh day; starting with a 06:00 departure, we breakfast en route, before continuing to our overnight destination close to Maputo. After dinner we settle in for a relaxing evening.
Day 9: Travelling to Johannesburg
Departing from our overnight destination after breakfast we will pass through Maputo for a quick tour and then on to the Lebombo border post back into South Africa. Continuing on the N4 we do a leisurely drive back to Johannesburg, stopping for lunch along the way. We will arrive in Gauteng by mid afternoon.
- Inclusions -
- Luxury transport and guided tour.
- Exclusions -
- Lunches and refreshements
- Extras -
- Our accommodation will be in tented units in the Kruger National Park (not camping tents) and in 3-star chalets on the Barra Reef.
The latter location offers much opportunity for Scuba diving or snorkelling with Padi licensed operators, swimming with Whale sharks etc. There are also opportunities for Horseriding on the beach, Quad four wheeler tours, etc.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Johannesburg
- Johannesburg City Tour - from 300 ZAR
- Soweto Cultural Half Day Tour - from 650 ZAR
- Soweto Experience - from 850 ZAR
- Adventures Incorporated - from 250 ZAR
- Jozi Jive - from 800 ZAR
- Newtown Walking Tour - from 80 ZAR
- Soweto Tour - from 695 ZAR
- Lesedi Cultural Village and Sterkfontein Caves - from 800 ZAR
- De Wildt Cheetah Farm and Pretoria - from 550 ZAR
- Sun City - from 750 ZAR
- Pretoria and Cullinan Diamond Mine - from 965 ZAR
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve - from 1250 ZAR
- 8 Day 7 Night Self Drive Tour Kruger Park And Mozambique - 8 days from 1500 USD
- 4 Day 3 Night Kruger National Park Safarional Park Safari - 4 days from 850 USD
- The Ultimate South Africa Experience - 20 days from 1183 GBP
- Eastern Nature Trail - 14 days from 723 GBP
- Cultures Off The Beaten Track - 24 days from 1152 GBP
- Out Of Africa - 23 days from 1419 GBP
- South Africa Without Borders - 27 days from 1378 GBP
- 22 Day Kruger & Botswana and Zimbabwe Tour - 22 days from 990 GBP
- 24 Day South Africa 4WD Tour - 24 days from 1197 GBP
- Go South Africa - 20 days from 1098 GBP
- Carefree South Africa - 20 days from 1132 GBP
- 10 Day South Africa and Mozambique 4WD - 10 days from 350 GBP
- 15 Day South Africa 4WD - 15 days from 848 GBP
- 17 Day South Africa 4WD - 17 days from 718 GBP
- 18 Day Beach and Bush South Africa and Mozambique 4WD - 18 days from 853 GBP
- Exclusive Kruger Game Drives - 5 days from 347 GBP
- Culture and Parks of the North - 6 days from 586 GBP
- Lesotho Mountain Trail - 8 days from 251 GBP
- Kruger Walking Tours - 5 days from 462 GBP
- 3 Day Budget Kruger Park Open Vehicle Safari - 3 days from 3980 ZAR
- 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Open Vehicle Safari - 4 days from 4830 ZAR
- 8 Day Accessible Kruger Safari - 8 days from 8999 ZAR
- Namaqualand Daisy Tour - 6 days from 6750 ZAR
- Dinaka Horseback Safaris - 8 days from 3344 USD
- Classical South Africa 14 Days - 14 days from 2000 USD
- Johannesburg and Durban Golf Tour - 9 days from 14054 ZAR
- Africa Big 5 Kruger National Park - 10 days from 2500 USD
- 3 Day Kruger Park Safari - 3 days from 5980 ZAR
- Kruger National Park Explorer - 4 days from 8400 ZAR
- Great Wildlife Expedition - 6 days from 12500 ZAR
- Cultural Experience - 4 days from 8000 ZAR
- Kruger Safari - 4 days from 7000 ZAR
- Luxury Safari - 8 days from 30000 ZAR
Email the tour operator - 9 Day Kruger Park & Barra Reef
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.