3 Day Kruger Park Safari
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 5980 ZAR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Anywhere in Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Location Finish:
- Anywhere in Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Start time:
- 07.30 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Dutch, English, Flemmish
Last updated: 01/14/2010
Come and enjoy a safari with us starting in Johannesburg or Pretoria to the world renowned Kruger National Park, all game viewing is conducted from our open safari vehicles while in the park
Johannesburg - Kruger Park - Skukuza Camp
You will be picked up between 7.00 and 7.30 am from your Johannesburg Hotel or from any early morning flight into Johannesburg International (Oliver Tambo) Airport. Then we take a leisurely 4 hoursï¿½ drive through Mpumalanga Province to its capital, Nelspruit.
A break in Nelspruit giving you time to do a little last minute shopping before setting out for the bush. Suggested items: Cool drinks, film, snacks, mosquito repellent.
Another 45 minute drive up to the Kruger National Park, where we enter the game-rich Southern region of the park by the Numbi Gate. If youï¿½re flying into Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, your Game Ranger will pick you up off your midday flight. Then thereï¿½s a leisurely 40 minute drive up to the Kruger National Park, where we enter the game-rich Southern region of the park by the Numbi Gate.
From Numbi Gate we drive north east towards Skukuza on the Numbi to Skukuza road stopping off at the many waterholes along the way, viewing plenty of game as we do. Many animals move towards water in the hot afternoon sun, and youï¿½ll see herds of Impala and Waterbuck on the banks of the river. When we pass a shallow section of the river you may see a family of Hippos sleeping in the river, a sharp lookout being kept by the head of the family. Crocodiles are dotted about on the banks of the river, basking in the sun. By the time we arrive at Skukuza, the largest camp in the Kruger National Park, you will have had a good idea of whatï¿½s to follow in the next few days.
Youï¿½ll be booking into Skukuza Camp before the gates close for the night, and after checking in youï¿½ll get a chance to freshen up in your chalet before joining others for a delicious buffet dinner at the campï¿½s restaurant. The restaurant is alongside the river, so keep your eyes open for the spotted hyena, warthogs, the purple-crested Lourie and fruit bats.
Kruger Park - Skukuza Camp (B D)
Everything starts early in the Kruger park in order to have a greater chance of seeing game, so youï¿½ll get a wake-up call at 0500 in order to get on the road when the gates open at 0600. Weï¿½ll stop at the Lower Sabie camp mid-morning to catch a buffet breakfast and to stretch your legs. On the way to Lower Sabi weï¿½re likely to see plenty of Impala alongside the road and the odd White Rhino, maybe taking a mud bath or scratching itself against a post. Like most game rangers, yours has the eyes of a hawk, and will draw your attention to game that may otherwise be difficult to see.
After a leisurely breakfast at Lower Sabi camp on the banks of the river weï¿½ll continue with our game drive, this time stopping off at some of the water holes and dams that follow the line of the Sabi River, aiming to get back to Skukuza late afternoon. Your game ranger is keeping an ever- watchful eye on the sky for Eagles soaring on the afternoonï¿½s thermals. Youï¿½ll see plenty of Zebra and Wildebeest grazing on the open grass plain, tall elegant Giraffes, their heads among the branches of the acacia trees, and a family of Elephants crossing the road ahead of you. Youï¿½ll see plenty of birds too ï¿½ there are more than 500 species present in the Park.
Weï¿½ll get back to Skukuza at about 1600 to give you a chance to have some refreshments and to stock up with drinks for your night drive, which leaves the camp at 17h00. A National Parks ranger will be in charge of the three-hour night drive in an open sided truck.
You get back to Skukuza at 20h30 in time for a scrumptious buffet dinner, which you can enjoy in the open air, listening to the never to be forgotten night sounds of the African bush.
Kruger Park - Johannesburg (B)
Itï¿½s time to start back towards Johannesburg, and your last morningï¿½s game drive will bring you into contact with large herds of Impala as we head our way towards the Numbi Gate and Phumulani Lodge. Youï¿½ll probably witness a troop of Baboons ï¿½ make sure you keep the windows shut. A last nostalgic look at a small group of Elephants by a distant African Umbrella Thorn Tree, as we drive towards the exit from the park. Itï¿½s time to say goodbye to the park when we arrive at the lodge, where we transfer all your gear from the open vehicle to a closed vehicle for the journey back to your destination. Your Ranger will drop you off in Johannesburg between either 15h00pm or 16h30pm.
- Inclusions -
- Collection & drop off at Oliver Tambo Int Airport or any hotel in Johannesburg, Pretoria. Chalet accommodation with en-suite facilities and air-conditioning.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
Interested in our 3 Day Kruger Park Open Vehicle Safari, e-mail us right now - we'll check availability and reply within 48 hours.
(B L D) refers to the meals included - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Skukuza and Satara camps are used for explanation purposes in this itinerary and may not be the camps you are booked into as accommodation is subject to availability, at the time we receive your booking form.
At each of the scenic stops you have the opportunity to finish off your film and to barter for locally crafted curios.
Itinerary may vary slightly due to gate opening times, game movements, weather etc....
Guests booking safaris for two or more persons with us from the 15th March 2009 to the 31st May 2009 will recieve a 10% discount.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Johannesburg
- Johannesburg City Tour - from 300 ZAR
- Soweto Cultural Half Day Tour - from 650 ZAR
- Soweto Experience - from 850 ZAR
- Adventures Incorporated - from 250 ZAR
- Jozi Jive - from 800 ZAR
- Newtown Walking Tour - from 80 ZAR
- Soweto Tour - from 695 ZAR
- Lesedi Cultural Village and Sterkfontein Caves - from 800 ZAR
- De Wildt Cheetah Farm and Pretoria - from 550 ZAR
- Sun City - from 750 ZAR
- Pretoria and Cullinan Diamond Mine - from 965 ZAR
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve - from 1250 ZAR
- 9 Day Kruger Park & Barra Reef - 9 days from 1680 USD
- 8 Day 7 Night Self Drive Tour Kruger Park And Mozambique - 8 days from 1500 USD
- 4 Day 3 Night Kruger National Park Safarional Park Safari - 4 days from 850 USD
- The Ultimate South Africa Experience - 20 days from 1183 GBP
- Eastern Nature Trail - 14 days from 723 GBP
- Cultures Off The Beaten Track - 24 days from 1152 GBP
- Out Of Africa - 23 days from 1419 GBP
- South Africa Without Borders - 27 days from 1378 GBP
- 22 Day Kruger & Botswana and Zimbabwe Tour - 22 days from 990 GBP
- 24 Day South Africa 4WD Tour - 24 days from 1197 GBP
- Go South Africa - 20 days from 1098 GBP
- Carefree South Africa - 20 days from 1132 GBP
- 10 Day South Africa and Mozambique 4WD - 10 days from 350 GBP
- 15 Day South Africa 4WD - 15 days from 848 GBP
- 17 Day South Africa 4WD - 17 days from 718 GBP
- 18 Day Beach and Bush South Africa and Mozambique 4WD - 18 days from 853 GBP
- Exclusive Kruger Game Drives - 5 days from 347 GBP
- Culture and Parks of the North - 6 days from 586 GBP
- Lesotho Mountain Trail - 8 days from 251 GBP
- Kruger Walking Tours - 5 days from 462 GBP
- 3 Day Budget Kruger Park Open Vehicle Safari - 3 days from 3980 ZAR
- 4 Day Budget Kruger Park Open Vehicle Safari - 4 days from 4830 ZAR
- 8 Day Accessible Kruger Safari - 8 days from 8999 ZAR
- Namaqualand Daisy Tour - 6 days from 6750 ZAR
- Dinaka Horseback Safaris - 8 days from 3344 USD
- Classical South Africa 14 Days - 14 days from 2000 USD
- Johannesburg and Durban Golf Tour - 9 days from 14054 ZAR
- Africa Big 5 Kruger National Park - 10 days from 2500 USD
- Kruger National Park Explorer - 4 days from 8400 ZAR
- Great Wildlife Expedition - 6 days from 12500 ZAR
- Cultural Experience - 4 days from 8000 ZAR
- Kruger Safari - 4 days from 7000 ZAR
- Luxury Safari - 8 days from 30000 ZAR
Email the tour operator - 3 Day Kruger Park Safari
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.