Full Day Specialised Wine Tours
- Wine Tasting
- Price from:
- 420 ZAR /person
- +27(0)83 3016 774
- +27(0)21 876 4104
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 hours
- Location Start:
- Your Guest House or Hotel in the Winelands
- Location Finish:
- your Guest House or Hotel in the Winelands
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Afrikaans
Last updated: 02/25/2008
Come & experience the SA winelands with our specialized wine tourism guides - educated by the Cape Wine Academy. Visit smaller less commercial wineries where quality is better than quantity & relax!
FULL DAY WINE TOUR
Allow us to take you on a breathtaking journey through 2 of the most beautiful wine routes in the world : Stellenbosch (1st wine route in South Africa) and the gourmet capital of South Africa, Franschhoek.
We guarantee food for the soul (amazing views), food for the mind (history) and food for the body (world class cuisine and wine).
The best way to have an unforgettable winelands experience is to join our custom made daily wine tours (with no set itinerary).
Each day / tour is planned around the palate and interests of our guests in the vehicle. Our experienced guides will make suggestions of estates to visit off the beaten track. All our tours are guided by Cape Wine Academy educated guides and our groups will never be bigger than 10 guests.
Our guests are always assured of personalized service as our registered and well informed guides present most of the tastings themselves.
On a typical day guests can expect to visit between 3-4 wine estates (time permitting) and they will taste anything between 4-8 wines per estate.
Our rates include all tasting and entrance fees of wine estates selected by our tourguide. Lunch will be for your own account.
Guests will be collected from their hotels / guest houses and will be dropped off as well after a day of tasting.
La Rochelle Tours has a great reputation to exceed expectations.
Be responsible : don't drink and drive : go on a tour with us!
Savour every drop of nature's nectare on this day!
- Inclusions -
- Wine Tasting Fees
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Tours departing from Winelands (Stellenbosch, Franschhoek & Paarl) only.
TOURS ON OFFER:
FULL DAY CHOCOLATE, CHEESE, OLIVE AND WINE TOUR - Experience the best that the Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl wine estates has to offer. Compare various chocolates to wine at a Stellenbosch Wine Estate, enjoy an olive & olive oil tasting at the Tokara Wine Estate with their amazing views high up on the Helshoogte Mountain Pass. Just as you thought you could taste no more we conclude the day with a decadent cheese and wine tasting at the Fairview Estate (famous for their goats cheese) on the Paarl wine route. From R595 per person.From 09:00 till 17:00
HALF DAY WINE TOURS - If you are short on time, then this is the tour for you. Tours may be experienced in the morning or the afternoon.
Visit 2 wine estates with tastings at each estate. You can expect to taste between 4-8 wines at each of these estates.
Learn more about varieties and be swept away by South Africa's unique wines. Enjoy breathtaking views from the Stellenbosch wine route or the gourmet capital of South Africa, the Franschhoek wine route.
La Rochelle Tours guides will show you hidden gems off the beaten track not known to many people.
Our groups are always small - no more than 10 guests per vehicle - thus making each half day wine tour fun filled and personalized.
Guests will be collected and dropped off again from their guest houses or hotels.
From R350 per person. Departure between 09:30 - 13:00 or 13:30 - 17:00
PRIVATE TOURS - For guests that prefer to explore any of our tour portfolio on a private basis, we offer full and half day private tours for individuals and groups of up to 4 guests. Larger groups will pay the normal daily rates. Private tour rates will depend on individual requirements.
With private tours guests are more flexible as to the time and itinerary of any given day. It is very useful when guests have a specific interest or do not want to be bound by a schedule or group.
Please enquire about tours, routes and rates.
Terms & Conditions:
- Please note that the above itinerary is subject to change without prior notice.
- Limited wineries are open over weekends.
- All our rates are based on a minimum charge of 2 paying adult guests.
- Special group rates are based on the information provided by the guests.
- Our rates can change to our normal, full rates should the number of guests decrease.
- Availability can change from day to day and without notice until a tour is confirmed.
- Cancellation fees will apply.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Franschhoek
Email the tour operator - Full Day Specialised Wine Tours
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.