- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 5800 ZAR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- your accommodation
- Location Finish:
- your accommodation
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/15/2008
Go visit one of the true wilderness areas close to Cape Town. If you want to rediscover your connection with nature this is the place to visit. Includes stunning hikes,rock art sites and much more.
On the first day we travel the 230 kms from Cape Town to our Cederberg base (choice of camping or stone cottages). After we settle in and have lunch we travel to the starting point of our first hike in the area. This takes us to the amazing rock formation of the Maltese Cross. After the hike we return to camp and have dinner in the evening. This will be a traditional barbecue under the stars.
On day two we travel along some of the gravel roads in the area and visit two very special places. The first being the Sevilla Rock Art trail, which has more than ten Bushmen rock art sites. An incredible experience. From there we visit the mission village of Wuppertal. This hamlet is located deep in mountain valley. Come and go back in time to this traditional Cape village.
On day three we drive along to Dwarsriver to collect our permits to the Stadsaal caves. This incredible collection of sandstone caves and rock formations is amazing to wander around and to let your imagination run wild.We have lunch at the caves before we head back to Dwarriver for a hike up the Wolfberg Cracks. A sensational hike up to these rock walls.
On our last day we have our breakfast before going for a short hike up to a waterfall close to camp. On our return we pack up and head back to Cape Town, stopping at a number of view sights along the way.
- Inclusions -
- Transport in a A/C 4 x 4 vehicle
- Exclusions -
- any alcoholic drinks
- Extras -
- This tour is available to have in an as many days as you desire. You can add or take away as you like.
There is also an option of staying over at a five star lodge if you would like a bit more luxury. Just let us know if you would like that option.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula Day Tour - from 700 ZAR
- Peninsular Tour - from 900 ZAR
- Cape of Good Hope - from 500 ZAR
- Personal Cape Winelands Tours - from 1900 ZAR
- Wacky Winelands - from 550 ZAR
- Cape Winelands - from 700 ZAR
- Cape Town City Tour - from 390 ZAR
- Cape n Wine Drive n Dine - 4 days from 109 GBP
- Discover Cape Town - 4 days from 98 GBP
- Shark diving & Whale Watching Combo - 2 days from 4750 ZAR
- Cape Point 2 day Hike - 2 days from 1895 ZAR
- Blue Train Cape Town and Safari - 10 days from 5000 USD
- Southern Tip of Africa - 2 days from 1800 ZAR
- Cape Town Safari - 2 days from 1400 ZAR
- The Garden Route - 4 days from 7100 ZAR
- A Taste of South Africa - Plus - 15 days from 24700 ZAR
- Golf Holiday West Coast - 10 days from 13572 ZAR
- Garden Route Golf Tour - 12 days from 13056 ZAR
- Golf Safari Cape Town and Port Elizabeth - 9 days from 20281 ZAR
Email the tour operator - Cederberg Wilderness
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.