Jewel of the North
- Price from:
- 1050 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Abuja Ng
- Location Finish:
- Abuja Ng
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 07.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/05/2009
Experience and enjoy the spectacular scenery of Astounding city of Abuja, the best captivating nature of yankari game reserve bauchi and observe the stunning architecture model of Kano city.
After airport formality, visiting the Aso rock which is the biggest rock formation is ideal starting points. The Aso rock which is the landmark of the city is basically a 400 meters monolith. Explore the city
while on your way to kaduna , the human face Zuma rock awaits you.Explore the ancient culture of NOKConsidered the oldest recognizable pre-colonial society in sub-Saharan Africa, the Nok Culture
is exemplified by its magnificent terracotta sculptures
It is one of the nicest towns to visit. For a look at some traditional Hausa buildings and houses, stroll through the old section of Zaria, which is surrounded by a mud wall. Inside are the old market, mosque, and palace of the Emir, or Hausa chief. Watch artisans at work in the market. Kufena hill and the palace of the Emir are the most important sights.
Visit the walls of the Old City (there are 16 gates) and the massive Kurmi Market and across from the palace is the Gidan Makama Museum (historic and crafts exhibits). Indigo cloth is dyed at the Kofar Mata dye pits (the oldest in Africa). The Gidan Dan Hausa (an old colonial governor's mansion) is worth a visit to see its unusual Hausa/Islamic architecture.
Visiting the famous and legendary Kazaure rock and shopping at the famous Kurmi market fot artifacts and a picnic at the water view of Tida Dam. it is a refreshing experience.
Experience the unique vegetation of nigera from the sudan savanna through the beautiful
guinea savannah of the middle belt on your trip to Bauchi and a spectacular view of Jos plateau its cool weather
The Yankari National Park is the premier game reserve in Nigeria. Yankari Park and Wikki Warm Springs are located around the Gagi River, approximately 1 1/2 hours by road, southeast of Bauchi Town
Transfer to Abuja for onward home journey. it is a pleasant experience
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation, breakfast,local transport,entrance fees
- Exclusions -
- Flight ticket, lunches, dinners,tips,
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Abuja
- The North of Niger - 7 days from 5844 USD
Email the tour operator - Jewel of the North
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.