Unruffled Namibia Explorer
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 26170.86 ZAR /person
- +264 61 309 013
- +254 61 309 016
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 14 days
- Location Start:
- International Airport
- Location Finish:
- International Airport
- We Speak:
- English, German
Last updated: 04/30/2008
This is a route of extremes, from the European charm and pavement cafes of Swakopmund to the harsh wilderness of the north and Etosha, accurately reflecting the incredible diversity of Namibia
Arrival at Windhoek International Airport. Meet and greet by Unique Travel representative. We drive via mountainous terrain towards the capital where you will check into your hotel.
Enjoy an afternoon township tour. The township tour gives visitors the opportunity to learn about the history, development and people of Katutura.The night will be completed with dinner with a local family.
After breakfast our journey continues to the Kalahari Desert to experience the magnificent red dunes of the Kalahari. A harsh land, a land of relentless sun and searing wind : a land of great thirst and mystery. After the first rains, a land transformed into exquisite beauty with the dunes erupting in a blaze of colour.
We continue our journey towards one of the top destinations in the Southern region, Sossusvlei with its monumental dunes up to 325m
when measured from the base. These star-shaped dunes are a
sought after topic for artists and photographers.
We will enjoy an early morning drive into Sossusvlei area where we have a picnic breakfast before exploring the dunes and its surroundings. On our way back to the lodge we will stop over at the Sesriem Canyon where centuries of erosion have incised a narrow gorge about 1 km in length. At the foot of the gorge which plunges down 30-40 meters, are pools that become replenished after good rains.
We continue through the Kuiseb Canyon and across the Namib Desert to
Atlantic Coast. Arrive in Swakopmund much loved by Namibians as a
welcome respite from the heat of interior. After lunch have time at leisure or explore the coastal town on foot.
After an early breakfast, we take pleasure in a dolphin boat cruise where
you will experience friendly seals being fed on boat while dolphins swim around enjoying the fun. A large variety of sea birds such as pelicans, flamingos and cormorants can be seen during the cruise.
This morning we proceed to Damaraland with its rugged landscapes,
spares population and great mountains. After lunch and time at leisure we will enjoy a nature walk exploring the beautiful surroundings.
Today, after breakfast we visit the Twyfelfontein rock paintings and engravings and the Petrified Forest with about 300 million year-old tree trunks.
After breakfast, we continue to the famous Kaokoland, home to the desert
adapted elephant and the himba tribe.
Today we head northwards to the Epupa Falls, with its scenically beautiful
surroundings; Epupa is one of Namibia's prime destinations. The falls are a series of cascades where the Kunene River drops a total of 60 m over
a distance of about 1,5, dividing into a multitude of channels and forming
a myriad of rock pools.
En-route we visit a Himba village; the extraordinary resilient and physically beautiful people are one of the few Namibian tribes who have retained so much their traditional culture.
We depart for Etosha National Park, Etosha : Place of the great white spaces was once a vast shallow lake created, Heigum Bushmen legend tells us, by the tears of a grieving mother.
Today, we explore the variety of game in the Etosha National Park. Lunch
will be enjoyed at one of the three resorts in the park before we return in the late afternoon to the lodge.
We travel towards Waterberg Plateau Park Resort situated in one of
the most spectacular features of the northern region. Towering some 200m
above the surrounding landscape, the plateau with its sheer cliffs and fascinating rock formations is the habitat and breeding ground of several game species, including rhino, buffalo, sable and roan antelope. Enjoy a late afternoon game drive on the plateau.
We will have a brief stopover at the cheetah conservation fund where we will learn more about the project and have the opportunity to get up close to the world's fastest land animal, the cheetah, is a unique and the most specialized member of the cat family and can reach speeds of 70 mph.
We head back to Windhoek were you will have time for last minute shopping before transfer to the airport where your explorer ends.
- Extras -
- - Maximum 8 Participants (sharing basis)
- Accommodation as stated below
- Transportation in a luxury air conditioned vehicle
Meals stipulated as per program
Services of registered and experienced English speaking local guide
Refreshments (mineral water)
SOS rescue Insurance
Park Entrance Fees (as per program)
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Windhoek
- Desert and Dune Explorer - 8 days from 465 USD
- Scheduled Tour Southern Namibia - 7 days from 13326 ZAR
- Scheduled Tour Northern Namibia - 7 days from 14288 ZAR
- 9 Day Fish River Canyon Hiking Explorer - 9 days from 19381.26 ZAR
- Namibian Farmstyle and San Culture - 4 days from 9894 ZAR
- Namibia Wildlife and Coastal Explorer - 10 days from 35137.3 ZAR
- Priscilla Queen of the Namibian Desert Tour - 7 days from 18966 ZAR
- Namibian Desert Explorer - 6 days from 18580.37 ZAR
- True Africa - 14 days from 1800 EUR
Email the tour operator - Unruffled Namibia Explorer
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.