Namibian Desert Explorer
- Price from:
- 18580.37 ZAR /person
- +264 61 309 013
- +254 61 309 016
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- International Airport
- Location Finish:
- International Airport
- We Speak:
- English, German
Last updated: 04/30/2008
Feel the spray of the cold Atlantic Ocean on your face and while the desert sun warms your back. Take on the challenge of driving along rocky canyons in seemingly barren desert.
Arrival at the international airport meet and greet by a Unique Travel representative. Our journey starts with Eningu Clayhouse Lodge situated at the banks of the Kalahari Desert. En-route we will have close encounters with a variety of game and birds. The uniquely styled clay buildings blend perfectly with the russet-coloured Kalahari sands of their surroundings. Eningu Clayhouse Lodge is synonymous with Namibia´s tranquil and intimate style, combining high levels of comfort, hospitality and serenity.
After breakfast, our trip continues to one of the top destinations in the southern region, Sossusvlei, with its monumental dunes up to 325 m when measured from the base. The Namib is one of the less populated areas in the country, where a visitor can experience an intense feeling of vastness and isolation. Sossus Dune Lodge is built in an environmentally sensitive manner, primarily from wood, canvas and thatch, in an attractive afro-village' style.
An early morning departure to the dunes to catch the sunrise and have breakfast in the dunes. We will have a brief stop at the Sesriem Canyon on our way back to the lodge, where centuries of erosion have incised a narrow gorge about 1 km in length. At the foot of the gorge, which plunges down 30/40 meters, are pools that become replenished after good rains.
Our journey continues to Amani Lodge; situated 20 km from the capital. Amani Lodge is a haven of peace and tranquility. Be in within touching distance of the world's fastest animal, the cheetah and discover the beauty of the leopards. After lunch we will enjoy a cheetah and leopard feeding and have the rest of the evening at leisure.
After breakfast we continue to the capital, Windhoek. After checking in and time for shopping and lunch we will enjoy an afternoon township tour. The night is concluded with dinner in the township with a local family.
After breakfast transfer to the airport where your explorer ends.
- Extras -
- PRICE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation as stated below 4-5*
- Transportation in a luxury air conditioned vehicle
Meals stipulated as per program
Services of registered and experienced English / German speaking local guide
Refreshments (mineral water)
SOS rescue Insurance
Park Entrance Fees (as per program)
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Windhoek
- Desert and Dune Explorer - 8 days from 465 USD
- Scheduled Tour Southern Namibia - 7 days from 13326 ZAR
- Scheduled Tour Northern Namibia - 7 days from 14288 ZAR
- 9 Day Fish River Canyon Hiking Explorer - 9 days from 19381.26 ZAR
- Namibian Farmstyle and San Culture - 4 days from 9894 ZAR
- Namibia Wildlife and Coastal Explorer - 10 days from 35137.3 ZAR
- Priscilla Queen of the Namibian Desert Tour - 7 days from 18966 ZAR
- Unruffled Namibia Explorer - 14 days from 26170.86 ZAR
- True Africa - 14 days from 1800 EUR
Email the tour operator - Namibian Desert Explorer
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.