Namibia Wildlife and Coastal Explorer
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 35137.3 ZAR /person
- +264 61 309 013
- +254 61 309 016
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/15/2008
Visit the charming coastal towns, wide horizons and abundance of wildlife of Nambia. Experience the local Himba people and their culture.
Arrival at Windhoek International Airport. Meet and greet by our representative. We drive via mountainous terrain towards the capital where you will check into Pension Bougainville. Built in 1912, this restored German Manner, rich in Victorian styling has a wonderful Mediterranean atmosphere. Unique private rooms boasting hand crafted furniture and luxurious styling are surrounded by a beautiful garden.
After lunch and time at leisure enjoy an afternoon township tour concluded with dinner with a local family in the township.
Day 2:Frans Indongo Lodge
Our journey continuous to Frans Indongo Lodge; decorated tastefully in Owambo style with a beautiful lash garden. Enjoy a late afternoon sundowner drink at the wooden terrace and observe the white blesbok and black springbok grazing with zebra, black wildebeest, roan antelope, led lechwe, nyala, rhino and other game species in their natural habitat.
Frans Indongo Lodge D/B&B
Day 3:Etosha National Park
This morning our trip continues towards Etosha National Park, Etosha,place of the great white spaces was once a vast shallow lake created, Heigum Bushmen legend tells us, by the tears of a grieving mother. At its present size of 22270 square kilometers, it remains of one of the largest parks in Africa. We will conclude the night with a night game drive after dinner.
Okaukuejo is located 17 km from the southern entrance of the park, and famous for its flood-lit waterhole, where visitors can observe at close quarters a spectacle of wildlife congregating and interacting.
Day 4:Etosha National Park
After breakfast, explore the variety of game in the Etosha National Park. Lunch can be enjoyed at one of the three resorts in the park.
This morning we proceed to Damaraland with its rugged landscapes, spares population and great mountains. We arrived at Grootberg Lodge perched on the rim of the Etendeka Plateau, The Grootberg Lodge stands sentinel over the Klip Valley. After lunch and time at leisure we will enjoy a short walk on the plateau exploring the beautiful surroundings.
After breakfast we visit a Himba village; the extraordinary resilient and physically beautiful people are one of the few Namibian tribes who have retained so much their traditional culture. We will enjoy picnic lunch before returning to the lodge.
Today, we continue our journey via Twyfelfontein rock paintings and engravings to the Atlantic Coast. En-route, a great variety of lichens will be found of which Namibia has some of the rarest and most interesting
species in the world. Arrive in Swakopmund, much loved by Namibians as a welcome respite from the heat of the interior. It is also popular amongst visitors because of its old-world charm and relaxed atmosphere.
We take pleasure in an early morning dolphin boat cruise where you will experience friendly seals being fed on boat while dolphins swim around enjoying the fun. A large variety of sea birds such as pelicans, flamingos and cormorants can be seen during the cruise.
After lunch we will enjoy an afternoon quad bike experience in the desert and conclude the night with dinner at the Burning Shore, recently made famous by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who stayed there while visiting Namibia.
Day 9:Windhoek Surrounding
Our journey continues to Amani Lodge; situated 20 km from the capital. Amani Lodge is a haven of peace and tranquility. Be in within touching distance of the world's fastest animal, the cheetah and discover the beauty of the leopards. After lunch we will enjoy a cheetah and leopard feeding and have the rest of the evening at leisure.
We head back to Windhoek were you will have time for last minute shopping before transfer to the airport where your explorer ends.
- Extras -
- PRICE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation as stated below (3-4*)
- Transportation in a luxury air conditioned vehicle
- Meals stipulated as per program
- Activities stipulated as per program
- Services of registered and experienced English speaking local guide
- Welcome Pack
- Refreshments (mineral water)
- Airport transfers
- SOS rescue Insurance
- Park Entrance Fees (Etosha)
Any items of a personal nature or not mentioned in the itinerary
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Windhoek
- Desert and Dune Explorer - 8 days from 465 USD
- Scheduled Tour Southern Namibia - 7 days from 13326 ZAR
- Scheduled Tour Northern Namibia - 7 days from 14288 ZAR
- 9 Day Fish River Canyon Hiking Explorer - 9 days from 19381.26 ZAR
- Namibian Farmstyle and San Culture - 4 days from 9894 ZAR
- Priscilla Queen of the Namibian Desert Tour - 7 days from 18966 ZAR
- Namibian Desert Explorer - 6 days from 18580.37 ZAR
- Unruffled Namibia Explorer - 14 days from 26170.86 ZAR
- True Africa - 14 days from 1800 EUR
Email the tour operator - Namibia Wildlife and Coastal Explorer
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.