- Price from:
- 450 EUR /person
- 00212 68 5142 55
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- The Airport of Marrakech / Your hotel
- Location Finish:
- The airport / From your hotel
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English, Arabic and Berber
Last updated: 12/25/2008
Through this tour you will have the chance to discover the true desert,the dunes sand,nomads of the desert under tents,the mountains of the Atlas,the imperial cities of Morocco and its ancient Kasbah.
Welcome to Morocco.depart for Ouarzazate via one of the highest passes in the Atlas Mountains, Tizi-n-Tischka, which is 2260 meters at the top, you will stop to enjoy the "Berber whiskey" (Moroccan tea). Before arriving to Ouarzazate you will visit the old village of Ait Ben Haddou. It is used as the location site for movies such as "The Jewell of the Nile" and "Lawrence of Arabia". Arrive into Ouarzazate and check into the hotel.
2nd day:Ouarzazate-Todra Gorges
After breakfast you'll travel to todra Gorges some 300 meters high and only 10 meters wide elso is a wild landscape, populated with Berber villages and nomads minding their herds of goats. Hike down the narrow gorges, the fruit of the separation of the High Atlas and Djebel Sarrho. You'll refresh yourself a bit by bathing your feet in the cold and crystalline water of the river. Dinner and accommodation in the hotel in the heart of the gorges.
3rd day:Todra Gorges-Merzouga
:After a good mint tea, walk in the palm plantation of Todra, before heading for Merzouga, the region of the Erg Chebbi, only Saharan erg of all Morocco.It is here that you will be able to cross, in the slow pace of camels this mountain of gold-colored sand. You will appreciate the pure beauty of the landscape.Night under nomadic tent.
4th day: Merzouga-Ramlia
:On board of your cross-country vehicles, you will live one of the legs of PARIS - DAKAR, you will approach the Algerian border (rock drawing). Then you will be inserted in the desert, the true! You will cross; OUZINA, small Berber village, and you will be again in other whole of Saharan dunes.With through dry wadis, rock tracks, bringing a more mineral key in the landscape, of the desert plates, and the sand extents, you will reach, RAMLIA.Night with local people.
:After breakfast,Traveling on rarely frequented tracks, and in a seldom-visited sector you will experience landscapes very different from those that you may know. At the end of day you will reach Zagora, the heart of a beautiful oasis. Check into hotel.
:Departe to Marrakech via Agdez in this area of desert landscape and fortified villages, you will see the magnificent palm garden of the Draa Valley.Continue through the High Atlas mountains you will see Berber farmers working on their terraced farms, and herding sheep. Arriving to Marrakech and checking to the hotel.The rest of the day will be free to explore the beautiful souks and the old Medina.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ouarzazate
Email the tour operator - Discovery Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.