Saghro Massive Traverse
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 5950 MAD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 09/03/2009
This remote region is a real treat for the trekker who has done it all. Guided trek with mules, in volcanic monoliths, hidden springs and canyon oasis between the High Atlas mountains and the Sahara.
Drive: Marrakech to Tagdilt
Meet your guide, depart Marrakech and drive over the Tizi n'Tichka pass towards Ouarzazate. Visit Ait Benhaddou World Heritage site. Have lunch and depart for the desert. Enjoy a traditional tajine dinner and overnight in a mud-walled desert ghite d'tape (with hot showers), before the foothills of Saghro massive.
Trek: Tagdilt / Amda-n-Oughyoul. (5 H walk) After a wake up call, have breakfast, meet the mulers who will load the mules and begin trekking. Easy walking over rocky ground into the foothills of Jbel Saghro. We'll gain 2 passes, traverse a plateau and descend into a remote valley. Wild camp*.
Trek: Amda-n-Oughyoul / Igli (2200 m altitude) (4 H walk). Ascend the Kouaouch pass (2500m), then descend through sheer conglomerate eroded cliffs, elegant mesas, and waterfalls, to an open plateau and the Berber village of Igli. Stay in ghite d'tape with showers.
Trek: Igli /Bab-n-Ali (2000 m) (5 to 6 H walk) Ascend along a high ridge, with grand views of the surrounding peaks. Our trail takes us to a verdant valley and the Berber village Boulouze. We'll follow the river, then camp at the foot of Bab-n-Ali. Wild camp*.
Trek: Bab-n-Ali / Assaka (1800 m). Today we'll walk over the shoulder of Bab n'Ali and descend for most of the day walking through a gorge to fantastic rock formations. Arrive at the village Assaka. Continuation to Ighazoune n'Oumlas by the river of Taoudachte and wild camp. (5 H walk).
Trek: Ighazoune-n-Oumlas/N'koub : Crossing many Berber villages along the river, arrive near N'koub. (5 H walk). Stay in ghite d'tape with showers.
Drive: Depart N'koub. We'll follow the old Salt Road caravan route through the date palm oasis of Draa valley over the Tinifift pass, toward the High Atlas mountains. We'll stop for lunch in Ouarzazate, and head down the Tizi n'Tichka back to Marrakech. Morocco Explored can book a Marrakech hotel this night with extra cost.
- Inclusions -
- English speaking guide
- Exclusions -
- Marrakech hotels
- Extras -
- Treks run with 2 or more trekkers.
Transport costs are shared to and from the trailhead and are calculated according to distance.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Marrakech
- the berber trails - from 800 MAD
- Day Tour to Ouarzazate - from 45 EUR
- Moroccan Views - from 90 EUR
- Discover The 7 Water Falls In Ourika - from 100 EUR
- Visiting Casablanca Highlights - from 350 MAD
- Mountain Bike in the Atlas Mountains Morocco - from 170 EUR
- Full day camel Trek in Asni close to the Atlas Mountains - from 90 EUR
- Day Trip to the Atlas Mountains - from 70 EUR
- Authentic Morocco Marrakech Day Tours to the Atlas - from 500 MAD
- Tour of Bars & Clubs - from 30 GBP
- Day Trip from Marrakech to Ourika Valley - from 45 EUR
- One Day Trip to Ourika Valley - from 45 EUR
- Marrakech Imperial City - from 117 EUR
- Ciel d Afrique - from 205 EUR
- Tour Marrakesh - from 60 USD
- New Year Eve 2010 in Sahara Desert - 4 days from 325 EUR
- Biking in the High Atlas - 8 days from 450 EUR
- Desert trip - 4 days from 200 EUR
- Arabic Language and Cultural Immersio Progrm in Marrakech - 15 days from 250 EUR
- Toubkal & the Moroccan Desert 5 Days - 5 days from 300 EUR
- Mount Toubkal Climb 2 Days - 2 days from 100 EUR
- 4 Days Tour from Marrakech to Erg Chegaga Sahara Desert - 4 days from 360 EUR
- Sahara Trails - 7 days from 350 EUR
- Morocco Outdoor Adventure - 8 days from 330 EUR
- Trekking through Sahara on Camels - 7 days from 697 EUR
- Toubkal Peak - 2 days from 90 EUR
- Morocco Cultural Tours - 8 days from 700 EUR
- 5 Days Trip Morocco Explore High Atlas Mountains,Sahara... - 5 days from 400 EUR
- Essaouira Visit & Camel Trek - 3 days from 70 EUR
- Marrakech to Fez - 3 days from 350 EUR
- Sahara Tour - 3 days from 250 EUR
- 5 Days Hiking In The Berber Villages - 6 days from 3000 MAD
- Tour Around Imlil & Setti Fadma Valleys 3 Days - 3 days from 160 EUR
- Tour Around Berber Villages Of The High Atlas Mountains - 3 days from 150 EUR
- Winter Ascents Toubkal - 4 days from 200 EUR
- Toubkal Ascent and Berber Villages 8 days - 8 days from 450 EUR
- Merzouga Expeditions - 3 days from 260 EUR
- Authentic Morocco Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour - 4 days from 3700 MAD
- Sahara Desert Camel Trekking - 3 days from 180 EUR
- Authentic Morocco Off the Beaten Track - 5 days from 4300 MAD
- Authentic Morocco Camel Treks - 4 days from 2700 MAD
- Jewish Heritage Tour - 8 days from 800 EUR
- Safari to Merzouga dunes - 3 days from 120 EUR
- Magic Marrakech - 4 days from 150 EUR
- Desert Tours in Morocco - 4 days from 3600 MAD
- Amizmiz Tour - 6 days from 4500 MAD
- Toubkal Tour - 8 days from 6000 MAD
- Grand Sahara Tour - 4 days from 628 EUR
- Walking Hiking High Atlas - 5 days from 6000 MAD
- Morocco Tour of Adventure & Culture - 12 days from 1679 USD
- Adventure Tour in the Sahara Desert - 4 days from 350 EUR
- Desert Discovery - 9 days from 1790 USD
- Authentic Morocco Desert Tours - 4 days from 3060 MAD
- The Magic Marrakesh - 6 days from 1390 USD
- Imerial Cities and Sahara - 15 days from 2645 USD
Email the tour operator - Saghro Massive Traverse
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.