Morocco Tour of Adventure & Culture
- Price from:
- 1679 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Portuguese, Spanish, French, English, Arabic
Last updated: 09/26/2006
Experience cultural adventure tours of Morocco! Ride camels. Cooking class. Village stays. Hiking & trekking. Arabic lessons. Private transport. The real Morocco with Journey Beyond Travel.
Day 1: Arrive at Marrakesh airport. We will pick you up at the airport and take you to the riad in Marrakesh. This is a short drive of about 15 minutes. This day is basically free since people will be arriving at different times. Once everyone has arrived, there will be a short group meeting where the guides will present themselves to you, etc.
Day 2: Marrakesh. We have two more days in this captivating city. You are free to explore on your own or accompany the guides, who will be going to the Badii and Bahia Palaces in the morning, stopping for lunch and a siesta, then going to the Menara Gardens in the late afternoon. A special Moroccan dinner is planned for this evening so bring your appetites!
Day 3: Marrakesh. You have another full day in Marrakesh. Today the guides will be heading to the medina and the Saadian tombs in the morning. You have the afternoon free, or you can go back to the medina and bargain for those great wares you saw in the morning! Tonight is open so you can go to Jemaa el Fna to watch the performers and sample some tasty delights at different stalls or take a cab ride to the new city, Gueliz, with us and have dinner at a nice restaurant.
Day 4: Imlil and Aremd. After breakfast, we will hop in the mini-bus and leave for Imlil, which should take 1.5 - 2 hours. Once in Imlil, we will hike up to Aremd. This should take one hour. Aremd is a Berber village on the side of a mountain overlooking some valleys and mountains including Mount Toubkal. This a very relaxing place where you can hike around to see other villages, a waterfall or just spend the day relaxing sipping mint tea. We will be having lunch and dinner at a Berber family's home.
Day 5: Ait Ben Haddou. The drive should take about 5 hours. If we leave early in the morning, we can arrive in the early afternoon and have lunch at the hotel, which has a pool. After lunch you can take a siesta', discover the amazing Kasbah : a UNESCO World Heritage Site, or walk along the Oasis river valley exploring the neighboring villages. Lunch and dinner are included.
Day 6: Dades and Todra Gorges. Dinner is included tonight.
Day 7: Merzouga. The drive should take about 5 hours. Along the way, we will stop and have luch in Tinejdad. Then once in Merzouga, we will go into the Sahara desert atop camels, camp out in a Bedoiun tent, and have dinner under the stars. Lunch and dinner are included.
Day 8: Ziz Valley. After breakfast, we will mount our camels and ride out of the desert before the sun reaches it's midday pinnacle. We will head towards Erfoud :1 hour away: to have lunch and go for a swim. We will spend the rest of the afternoon and evening in a lush oasis valley 30 minutes away from Erfoud. We will see how the people live and what they do, then spend the night in a family's home where they have invited us to have dinner with them. Lunch and dinner are included.
Day 9: Azrou/Ifrane. Another long drive that will take about 5 hours. If we leave early in the morning, we will be in Ifrane in time for lunch. Ifrane is a quaint little town in the heart of the Middle Atlas Mountains, surrounded by forests of Cedars and Barabary Apes. You can walk around Ifrane for a few hours or freshen up at the Gite. In the late afternoon, we will be visiting a women's rug-making cooperative at their settlement. And for dinner, we are invited to have a delicious meal at a family's home. We will stay at a nice little gite between Azrou and Ifrane so we can head to Meknes the next morning. Dinner is included tonight.
Day 10: Meknes/Volubilis/Moulay Idriss. We will spend the morning in Meknes visiting Moulay Ismail's tomb, the prison, and the granary before heading to Moulay Idriss. The drive from Azrou to Meknes will take one hour, then from Meknes to Moulay Idriss and Volubilis takes another 30 minutes. You have the afternoon free to have luch and take a walk around the small, sacred town of Moulay Idriss, grandson of the prophet Mohammed and first Arab leader of Morocco. The town has an interesting history since non-muslims weren't allowed to enter at one time. However, we will be spending the night here! We will head to Volubilis and walk amidst this ancient Roman City as the sun sets. We will be having dinner at the auberge this evening.
Day 11: Fez. The drive from Moulay Idriss to Fez will take 1.5 hours. And, the earlier we get to Fez, the more time you will have to explore what this imperial city has to offer, such as the Kairouine Mosque, spice market, tanneries, leather market, henna market, woodcrafters, metal workers, and Koranic schools.
Day 12: Fez. After breakfast, you will go shopping in the market with Chef Lahcen for the ingredients of tonight's dinner that he will show you how to make during this evening's special cooking class! You will have the rest of the morning and afternoon free until about 4 or 5 pm, when the cooking lessons will begin! Dinner is included.
- Extras -
- Tour price icludes:
- 12 nights of accomodation
- In-country transportation
- All breakfasts; 4 lunches; 9 dinners
- One U.S. guide
- One Moroccan guide
- Language classes
- A cooking class
- Excursions and visits
- All tips at restaurants and for guides
Not included in tour price:
- Transportation to and from Morocco
- Extra meals: 8 lunches; 3 dinners
- Travel Insurance
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Marrakech
- the berber trails - from 800 MAD
- Day Tour to Ouarzazate - from 45 EUR
- Moroccan Views - from 90 EUR
- Discover The 7 Water Falls In Ourika - from 100 EUR
- Visiting Casablanca Highlights - from 350 MAD
- Mountain Bike in the Atlas Mountains Morocco - from 170 EUR
- Full day camel Trek in Asni close to the Atlas Mountains - from 90 EUR
- Day Trip to the Atlas Mountains - from 70 EUR
- Authentic Morocco Marrakech Day Tours to the Atlas - from 500 MAD
- Tour of Bars & Clubs - from 30 GBP
- Day Trip from Marrakech to Ourika Valley - from 45 EUR
- One Day Trip to Ourika Valley - from 45 EUR
- Marrakech Imperial City - from 117 EUR
- Ciel d Afrique - from 205 EUR
- Tour Marrakesh - from 60 USD
- New Year Eve 2010 in Sahara Desert - 4 days from 325 EUR
- Biking in the High Atlas - 8 days from 450 EUR
- Desert trip - 4 days from 200 EUR
- Arabic Language and Cultural Immersio Progrm in Marrakech - 15 days from 250 EUR
- Toubkal & the Moroccan Desert 5 Days - 5 days from 300 EUR
- Mount Toubkal Climb 2 Days - 2 days from 100 EUR
- 4 Days Tour from Marrakech to Erg Chegaga Sahara Desert - 4 days from 360 EUR
- Sahara Trails - 7 days from 350 EUR
- Morocco Outdoor Adventure - 8 days from 330 EUR
- Trekking through Sahara on Camels - 7 days from 697 EUR
- Toubkal Peak - 2 days from 90 EUR
- Morocco Cultural Tours - 8 days from 700 EUR
- 5 Days Trip Morocco Explore High Atlas Mountains,Sahara... - 5 days from 400 EUR
- Essaouira Visit & Camel Trek - 3 days from 70 EUR
- Marrakech to Fez - 3 days from 350 EUR
- Sahara Tour - 3 days from 250 EUR
- 5 Days Hiking In The Berber Villages - 6 days from 3000 MAD
- Tour Around Imlil & Setti Fadma Valleys 3 Days - 3 days from 160 EUR
- Tour Around Berber Villages Of The High Atlas Mountains - 3 days from 150 EUR
- Winter Ascents Toubkal - 4 days from 200 EUR
- Toubkal Ascent and Berber Villages 8 days - 8 days from 450 EUR
- Merzouga Expeditions - 3 days from 260 EUR
- Authentic Morocco Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour - 4 days from 3700 MAD
- Sahara Desert Camel Trekking - 3 days from 180 EUR
- Authentic Morocco Off the Beaten Track - 5 days from 4300 MAD
- Authentic Morocco Camel Treks - 4 days from 2700 MAD
- Jewish Heritage Tour - 8 days from 800 EUR
- Saghro Massive Traverse - 7 days from 5950 MAD
- Safari to Merzouga dunes - 3 days from 120 EUR
- Magic Marrakech - 4 days from 150 EUR
- Desert Tours in Morocco - 4 days from 3600 MAD
- Amizmiz Tour - 6 days from 4500 MAD
- Toubkal Tour - 8 days from 6000 MAD
- Grand Sahara Tour - 4 days from 628 EUR
- Walking Hiking High Atlas - 5 days from 6000 MAD
- Adventure Tour in the Sahara Desert - 4 days from 350 EUR
- Desert Discovery - 9 days from 1790 USD
- Authentic Morocco Desert Tours - 4 days from 3060 MAD
- The Magic Marrakesh - 6 days from 1390 USD
- Imerial Cities and Sahara - 15 days from 2645 USD
Email the tour operator - Morocco Tour of Adventure & Culture
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.