Morocco Outdoor Adventure
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 330 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, French, English
Last updated: 04/02/2009
Welcome to Morocco Outdoor Adventure! Discover the exotic country of Morocco - the secret destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The Atlas Mountains, Sahara Desert, Atlantic Coast, and colourful city
start in Marrakech
We leave Marrakech after breakfast and drive to tassa ouirgan via Asni. This is the place where we meet our mule team and once all our gear is loaded we begin walking along the valley towards tizian,stop for lunch near the rivers , afternoon crossing few pretty villages of ait mzian valley, camping near village
Alt. gain: 200 m Alt. loss: 300 m
TRANSPORT : Minibus or 4Wheeldrive
Tizian - Tazaghart (3030m)
Today walk is up after crossing the amazing village of Tizi oussem, and then through a juniper forest we enjoy the scenery down, lunch at waterfall of d'Ighoulidem.
5 to 6 Hours walk: Alt. gain: 1230 m. ALT loss:20m
Tazaghart(3030m)- Refuge Nelter (3207m)
By now we should be both fit and acclimatised. We make our way along a steep path that leads up to tizi Aguelzim pass (3550m). We enjoy further views of the Toubkal massif, including the summit, the North face and plain of Marrakech. From here it is a long zigzag descent to Nelter Hut, where we camp around.
4 to 5 hours walk. Alt. gain: 550 m. ALT LOSS :300 m. Lodging: camping
: Refuge Neltner(3207m) â Sidi chamharouch shrine(2700m)
.Early starts in the morning, following a well-worn route to the summit (4167m). The highest peak in North Africa, where we enjoy beautiful views of the entire Atlas range and the Marrakech plains beyond. Returning to base camp for lunch, we then descend to camp near Sidi Chamharouch shrine near the river.
7hours walk Alt. gain: 960 m. ALT LOSS: 1460 m. Lodging: camping
Sidi chamharouch shrine(2700m)-Armoud(1900m)
This day is going to be an easy day, passing through Sidi chamharouch shrine. We enjoy views of imnan valley the main Toubkal valley. The trail leads on towards Armoud, one of the most striking villages in the region, where we spend the night after relaxing and cleaning!! Our self in a hammam! steam bathâ¦
5 hours walk Alt gain: 960 m. ALT LOSS: 1460 Lodging: camping
Armoud (1900m)-Marrakech (450m)
Transfer back to Marrakech and Sample some sights and sounds of Reed city.
1Hours Transfer by Minibus or 4wheel drive.
- Extras -
- Trip Notes:
- All transfers from and returning to local Moroccan airport.
- All kind of accommodations. Hotels, family house, mountain hutâ€¦.
- All meals during trek
- Cook; guide; muleteers; communal and sleeping tents, mattress, kitchen tent including equipment, and toilet tents).
- Insurance (obligatory); bring a copy.
- Soft drinks and personal purchases.
- allow 7 to 12 EURO for each meal in Marrakech.
- tipping local staff (guide, cook, muleteers, driver), around 30 euro for a week your initial guide will inform you
Transfer and porterage:
- The transfers are carried out by minibus, 4WD vehicles or taxis
- Bearing of luggage by camels
- Berber Mountain Guide certified by Moroccoâ€s Ministry of Tourism to inform you about the culture, and who is well informed of the various mountains and Sahara desert.
- Local Berber cook, who will introduce you to the cuisine of Morocco kitchen.
- A devoted team of experienced drivers, muleteers and camel drivers.
- Bed and breakfast in the hotel. Your guide will help you to discover the local restaurants.
- All meals during the trek:
Full breakfast with porridge.
Lunch: varied salads + hot dish +dessert.
Snack of tea or coffee at arrival to each camp or mountain hut with biscuits or cookâ€s specialty.
Dinner: soup + traditional hot dish +dessert + hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate).
Please advice of any dietary requirements at time of reservation
- EUROS and USA cheques are changed in the Moroccan banks.
- ATM machine available only in large cities. (Visa/Mastercard/Switchcard/Cirrus).
- check our web section (helpful information) for exchange rate.
- Large bag to contain all your belongings and items.
- Daypack for daytime necessities (camera; bottle of waterâ€¦).
- Sleeping bag (4season).
- fleece jacket, jacket, warm trousers, waterproofs
- Long shorts for men and women. (Dress appropriately)
- Shirts with long sleeves and tee-shirts.
- Pairs of Wool or cotton socks for walking and cold.
- Sunhat and warm hat. Sun cream, sunglasses, lipstick, gloves
- Pair of shoes (walking boots) and (sandals).
- Toilet Paper + lighter, ear plugs if you have trouble sleeping.
- Personal pharmacy
- 2 possibilities for your consumption of water: use tablets Hydroclonazone or similar products to purify your water otherwise buy bottles of mineral water (cost usually less than 15 DH)
Electricity and Phone
220 V on the Moroccan network. The socket-outlets are of European type. International adaptors are very hard to find within the country, so bring your own.
Private teleboutiques are found within every village, town and city. You can make local and international calls from Morocco, though you will need a stack of coins. Card-operated public phones are scattered everywhere.
Morocco is on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) year-round.
Things to know:
-Respect the local traditions, religious places, the cemeteries, marabouts, mosques.
- Do not photograph the inhabitants or the people whom you meet without asking their consent.
- Dress in proper way, particularly outside urban centres.
- Do not give money or things to the children that encourage them to beg.
- After shaking hands with someone, touch your right hand to your heart as a sign of respect.
-Use your right hand for shaking hands, eating out of a common dish and handling merchandise or Money.
Morocco outdoor adventure -
Bring the outdoors within you.
OUAMMI MUSTAPHA MOUNTAIN GUIDE
licence NÂ° :431
HAY EL BATIMATE AFOURAR-nÂ° 92 AZILAL
Celle phone:0021266 87 12 54
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Marrakech
- the berber trails - from 800 MAD
- Day Tour to Ouarzazate - from 45 EUR
- Moroccan Views - from 90 EUR
- Discover The 7 Water Falls In Ourika - from 100 EUR
- Visiting Casablanca Highlights - from 350 MAD
- Mountain Bike in the Atlas Mountains Morocco - from 170 EUR
- Full day camel Trek in Asni close to the Atlas Mountains - from 90 EUR
- Day Trip to the Atlas Mountains - from 70 EUR
- Authentic Morocco Marrakech Day Tours to the Atlas - from 500 MAD
- Tour of Bars & Clubs - from 30 GBP
- Day Trip from Marrakech to Ourika Valley - from 45 EUR
- One Day Trip to Ourika Valley - from 45 EUR
- Marrakech Imperial City - from 117 EUR
- Ciel d Afrique - from 205 EUR
- Tour Marrakesh - from 60 USD
- New Year Eve 2010 in Sahara Desert - 4 days from 325 EUR
- Biking in the High Atlas - 8 days from 450 EUR
- Desert trip - 4 days from 200 EUR
- Arabic Language and Cultural Immersio Progrm in Marrakech - 15 days from 250 EUR
- Toubkal & the Moroccan Desert 5 Days - 5 days from 300 EUR
- Mount Toubkal Climb 2 Days - 2 days from 100 EUR
- 4 Days Tour from Marrakech to Erg Chegaga Sahara Desert - 4 days from 360 EUR
- Sahara Trails - 7 days from 350 EUR
- Trekking through Sahara on Camels - 7 days from 697 EUR
- Toubkal Peak - 2 days from 90 EUR
- Morocco Cultural Tours - 8 days from 700 EUR
- 5 Days Trip Morocco Explore High Atlas Mountains,Sahara... - 5 days from 400 EUR
- Essaouira Visit & Camel Trek - 3 days from 70 EUR
- Marrakech to Fez - 3 days from 350 EUR
- Sahara Tour - 3 days from 250 EUR
- 5 Days Hiking In The Berber Villages - 6 days from 3000 MAD
- Tour Around Imlil & Setti Fadma Valleys 3 Days - 3 days from 160 EUR
- Tour Around Berber Villages Of The High Atlas Mountains - 3 days from 150 EUR
- Winter Ascents Toubkal - 4 days from 200 EUR
- Toubkal Ascent and Berber Villages 8 days - 8 days from 450 EUR
- Merzouga Expeditions - 3 days from 260 EUR
- Authentic Morocco Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour - 4 days from 3700 MAD
- Sahara Desert Camel Trekking - 3 days from 180 EUR
- Authentic Morocco Off the Beaten Track - 5 days from 4300 MAD
- Authentic Morocco Camel Treks - 4 days from 2700 MAD
- Jewish Heritage Tour - 8 days from 800 EUR
- Saghro Massive Traverse - 7 days from 5950 MAD
- Safari to Merzouga dunes - 3 days from 120 EUR
- Magic Marrakech - 4 days from 150 EUR
- Desert Tours in Morocco - 4 days from 3600 MAD
- Amizmiz Tour - 6 days from 4500 MAD
- Toubkal Tour - 8 days from 6000 MAD
- Grand Sahara Tour - 4 days from 628 EUR
- Walking Hiking High Atlas - 5 days from 6000 MAD
- Morocco Tour of Adventure & Culture - 12 days from 1679 USD
- Adventure Tour in the Sahara Desert - 4 days from 350 EUR
- Desert Discovery - 9 days from 1790 USD
- Authentic Morocco Desert Tours - 4 days from 3060 MAD
- The Magic Marrakesh - 6 days from 1390 USD
- Imerial Cities and Sahara - 15 days from 2645 USD
Email the tour operator - Morocco Outdoor Adventure
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.