Trekking In Morocco
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 35 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- 5 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 pm
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 08/11/2008
Trekking in morocco Now, with trek morocco agency, we take you to the real morocco, the people, the culture, the adventure. Visit panoramic waterfalls, go trekking in the Atlas, safari in the desert
Day 1: Marrakech - Imlil - Sidi chamharouch - toubkal refuge
After an early breakfast at the hotel in Marrakech, our driver will pick you up and take to to the heart of Moroccoï¿½s high atlas mountains, where the trip starts from Imlil (1740m), the big berber village situated at 65km on the south of Marrakech. Here you will meet the team who will accompany you during this amazing trip.
The driver will drop you off in the village, the multeers will deal with your luggage, food & all other equipments that we usually offer for our clients.
Within half an hour, you start the walk with an experienced mountain guide through the berber villages following a mule track which will take you to the mountain hut via the shrine sidi Chamhrouch (2500m) where you will have you picnic lunch prpared in advance by our cook.
After lunch, a short break, then you may need to continue toward the refuge (3200m). Our staff will be waiting for you with a tasty glass of mint tea & a smile.
The hot shower is available to clean you body and be ready for the next day.
Toubkal refuge - summit ï¿½ Return to Imlil
We wake up early to avoid the suns full power, breakfast around 5.00am and start the ascent climb at 5.30am.
Each one of you may need to pack his own pack-lunch, step by step until we get to the point above the hut where you have a short break with nuts, water & organges etc..
After 3 or 4 hours of walking up the hill, you will be able to see all the high atlas mountains, its valleys & berber villages. A break of 45min on the summit will allow to take picture s & enjoy the views before we start going down to the hut.
A diversify lunch will be ready for you there. After lunch we walk down hill towards Imlil by the same route.
We are then met at Imlil for the return journey to Marrakech.
- Inclusions -
- accommodation in berber house or tent
- Extras -
- we have lot of treks on request or go to our website
We understand that the wide variety of sights in Morocco can make it difficult to decide how to make the most of your valuable holiday time. On this website you will find several sample itineraries. The itineraries are available throughout the year and can be modified to your own wishes. Make a selection below:
What to Bring
Change of Clothes
Waterproof Clothing During the winter: Warm clothes & Waterproofs
During the summer: comfortable clothes.
About your guide:
Houssine, originally from a Berber area, worked as a muleteer for a long time with individuals and groups. In 2000 he graduated from the ï¿½Royal Moroccan Federation of Skiing of and Mountaineering'.
In addition to his experience and knowledge in the Atlas Mountains, this diploma qualified him as a Mountain Guide, able to organize trips of all kinds around the Kingdom of Morocco for walkers and non-walkers.
Houssine aims to introduce his own Berber culture to his customers as an old culture in the North Africa.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Imlil
- Day Trip To The Atlas Mountains - from 70 EUR
- Day Trip To The High Atlas Mountains from Marrakech - from 60 EUR
- Executive Day Tour to Imlil - from 60 EUR
- Moroccan Atlas Tours - 3 days from 25.5 EUR
- Cycling In The Atlas Mountain - 2 days from 100 EUR
- Ski Touring - 6 days from 250 EUR
- Trekking from Imlil to Setti Fadma 3 days Cross the 3 valleys... - 3 days from 190 EUR
- Jebel Toubkal Ascent 2 days the highest peak in North Africa - 2 days from 125 EUR
- Discover the Berber Villages High Atlas Morocco from Imlil to... - 4 days from 170 EUR
- Aztat Treks - 2 days from 400 MAD
- Trek Morocco - 3 days from 400 MAD
Email the tour operator - Trekking In Morocco
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.