- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 400 MAD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- 6 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 02/20/2008
Houssine, Atlas Mountain guide, originally from a Berber area, he worked as a muleteer for a long time with individuals and groups. In 2000 he graduated from the 'Royal Moroccan Federation of Skiing
imlil : tizi ntamatere (2279m) : wanskra : tachdirth : from imlil , we set out along a piste for a 1 hour and 45 minuteshike towards the east up to the tizi n'tamaterte (2279m)on through fields of barley and orchards of walnuts , appel and cherry treees untill we reach the village of tamaterte. Once through the village we shall take a path wich leads us up though pine and juniper woods we stop at the tizi to admire the imlil and imnane valleys , this latter with its many berber villages tucked precariously onto the slopes stretching around us . we carry on along the upper valley slopes for another hour or so to the villages of first wanskra and then amagdoul sset amidst terraced plotsof land carved from the hard slopes where we shall stop for our field picnic on the plateau used , in summer, as a favoured bivouac site . our afternoon will be spent hiking for some 2 hours up through the valley along the mule trails untill we reach the pretty- and the
oldest-berber in the toubkal massif ( tachdirth 2291m),set amongst terraced plots clawed from the surrounding craggy slopes, where we will overnight ingite d'etape .
tachdirth :iaabbassen : timichi : after an early breakfast we satart our 6 hours hike south-eastwards to the terraced village of timichi (1850m), at the western offshoot head of ourika valley . for 2and half hours we hike slowly up to the tizi n'tachdirth (3200m), which affords us a stunning panoramic view of jbel aksoual (3842m) and bouignouane (3882m) on one side and angour on the other , with the beginning of the luscious nature of beautiful , verdant valley streching out way below us . we shall traverse the pass and continue on down through the rocks north-eastwards for further 2 hours untill we reach the berber village of iaabbassen (2030m), where we will stop for our welcome field picnic next to spring just outside of the village. The afternoon's 2 hours hike us up futher to the northeast down the valley to the old village of timichi , a charming terraced pisé conglomeration of homes set amongst ancient nut trees , where we will have our dinner and
overnight in a berber family's home.
timichi :tiwerdiwe : tadrarte : agadir n'ait boulmane -setti fadma :after breakfast we set out for a 4 to 5 hours hike eastwards down along the valley full of cornfields and walnuts grovs, with many streams flowing down from the upper slopes , passing through the villages of anfli and tadrart to arrive at the end of beautiful ourika valley proper and the renowned berber village of setti fadma ,with its ancient nut trees and waterfalls. We shall stop for our picnic just outside of the village , before hiking for another half hour to get to the vechicle .
- Inclusions -
- 3 lunchs,2 accommodation,2 dinners
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Welcome to Trek Morocco website
Houssine, Atlas Mountain guide, originally from a Berber area, he worked as a muleteer for a long time with individuals and groups. In 2000 he graduated from the 'Royal Moroccan Federation of Skiing of and Mountaineering.
In addition to his experience and knowledge in the Atlas Mountain, this diploma qualified him as a Mountain Guide, able to organize trips of all kinds around the Kingdom of Morocco for walkers & non-walkers.
Houssine aims to introduce his own Berber culture to his costumers as an old culture in the North Africa.
The large diversity of his products will satisfy travellers in spite of their different tastes and interests.holiday ways.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Imlil
- Day Trip To The Atlas Mountains - from 70 EUR
- Day Trip To The High Atlas Mountains from Marrakech - from 60 EUR
- Executive Day Tour to Imlil - from 60 EUR
- Moroccan Atlas Tours - 3 days from 25.5 EUR
- Cycling In The Atlas Mountain - 2 days from 100 EUR
- Ski Touring - 6 days from 250 EUR
- Trekking from Imlil to Setti Fadma 3 days Cross the 3 valleys... - 3 days from 190 EUR
- Jebel Toubkal Ascent 2 days the highest peak in North Africa - 2 days from 125 EUR
- Discover the Berber Villages High Atlas Morocco from Imlil to... - 4 days from 170 EUR
- Trekking In Morocco - 2 days from 35 EUR
- Aztat Treks - 2 days from 400 MAD
Email the tour operator - Trek Morocco
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.