Tours around High Atlas of Morocco
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 40 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 04.30 pm
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English, berber,arabe
Last updated: 05/19/2008
Houssine, originally from a Berber area, worked as a muleteer for a long time with individuals and groups. In 2000 he graduated from the �Royal Moroccan Federation of Skiing of and Mountaineering'.
Marrakech - Imlil - Sidi chamharouch - toubkal refuge
After an early breakfast at the hotel in Marrakech, our driver will pick you up and take to to the heart of Morocco�s high atlas mountains, where the trip starts from Imlil (1740m), the big berber village situated at 65km on the south of Marrakech. Here you will meet the team who will accompany you during this amazing trip.
The driver will drop you off in the village, the multeers will deal with your luggage, food & all other equipments that we usually offer for our clients.
Within half an hour, you start the walk with an experienced mountain guide through the berber villages following a mule track which will take you to the mountain hut via the shrine sidi Chamhrouch (2500m) where you will have you picnic lunch prpared in advance by our cook.
After lunch, a short break, then you may need to continue toward the refuge (3200m). Our staff will be waiting for you with a tasty glass of mint tea & a smile.
The hot shower is available to clean you body and be ready for the next day.
Toubkal refuge - summit � Return to Imlil
We wake up early to avoid the suns full power, breakfast around 5.00am and start the ascent climb at 5.30am.
Each one of you may need to pack his own pack-lunch, step by step until we get to the point above the hut where you have a short break with nuts, water & organges etc..
After 3 or 4 hours of walking up the hill, you will be able to see all the high atlas mountains, its valleys & berber villages. A break of 45min on the summit will allow to take picture s & enjoy the views before we start going down to the hut.
A diversify lunch will be ready for you there. After lunch we walk down hill towards Imlil by the same route.
We are then met at Imlil for the return journey to Marrakech.
- Inclusions -
- 2 lunches,one dinner
- Extras -
- What to Bring
Change of Clothes
Waterproof Clothing During the winter: Warm clothes & Waterproofs
During the summer: comfortable clothes.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in High Atlas Mountains
- Walking and Excursions on the Atlas Mountains - from 400 MAD
- Immouzer Waterfalls & Paradise Valley - from 117 EUR
Email the tour operator - Tours around High Atlas of Morocco
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.