Immouzer Waterfalls & Paradise Valley
- Price from:
- 117 EUR /person
- 07713 615829
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- German, French, English, Arabic
Last updated: 06/05/2007
Take a personal tour on the famous 1960s hippie trail to the stunning Paradise Valley, an area of outstanding beauty named by Jimmy Hendrix. Visit the town of Immouzer and the famous waterfalls.
Your personal driver will collect you and your party early in the morning from your accommodation or location of your choice in the Agadir region and take you on a wonderful sightseeing journey through sensational valleys and gorges in the High Atlas Mountains en route to Paradise Valley. The drive from Agadir is, at first, barren and rocky but soon gives way to a winding mountain road that twists through the most dramatic scenery of palm trees, limestone gorges, bubbling fresh water ravines and verdant tree-clad hills.
The name of Paradise was given by Jimmy Hendrix in the 1960s, when the area was part of the hippy trail and was frequented by many of the group followers who used to camp on the rivers banks for the winter. The area certainly feels like paradise when you take a walk into the valley and spend the day swimming in the natural swimming pools, jumping off the rocks into the plunge pools or laying about on the sun heated rocks.
Travel on to the village of Immouzer, a beautiful village with white buildings, hidden in the foot hills of the Atlas Mountains. The journey to the village, located 1160m high, is scenically very rewarding. Here the limestone has left dramatic caves and rock formations. The road to Immouzer passes through 400 million year old fossil beds and there are many shops along the route selling remarkable examples of huge ammonites and fossilised sea animals.
Immouzer has a small local market every Thursday and is noted for its outstanding honey made from an exotic range of mountain flowers, which is served at Hotel Des Cascades either en nature or with crushed nuts and argan oil. A week-long honey festival is held every year in August.
A track from the village leads through olive groves to the foot of the spectacular waterfalls at Ida Ouatanane, though these are not noted for their volume of water but rather their rock formations, pools rich in minerals and air of mystery. The most beautiful cascade is known as "Bride's Veil", so called because of the limestone deposits on the rocks. If you visit outside springtime (typically February-June), the waterfalls may have stopped flowing. If you don't mind ice cold water, you can take a swim in the pool at the bottom. The pool made from the little water that runs inside the mountain is small, but clean.
This full day tour can include whatever you would like to do. All our tours are tailor made for you, so there is no fixed itinery - let us know what you would like to do and we accommodate your wishes. You will be able to tell your driver/guide what you would like to see or you can leave it to him to take you on a tour with the above itinery, through the valley, soaking up all the wonderful scenery.
At the end of the day, your driver will return you and your party to your accommodation or location of your choice.
- Inclusions -
- Travel to & from customer's accommodation
- Extras -
- Note: the price depends on the number in your party and what size vehicle is then required. As the tour can be personalised to suit, this may also affect the final price, which will be agreed before booking.
Erlebnis-Tours-Maroc offers tailor made personal quality tours - you will not be travelling with strangers and you can customise the tours as you wish, although this may affect the price.
All our tours are personalised - the tour offered here is an example of one of our more popular trips.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in High Atlas Mountains
- Walking and Excursions on the Atlas Mountains - from 400 MAD
Email the tour operator - Immouzer Waterfalls & Paradise Valley
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.