- Price from:
- 60 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 07/10/2006
Begin your full day private guided tour of Fez, the holiest city in the Islamic world after Mecca and Medina. Founded at the beginning of the 9th century by Moulay Idriss II, this enchanting city...
begin your full day private guided tour of Fez, the holiest city in the Islamic world after Mecca and Medina. Founded at the beginning of the 9th century by Moulay Idriss II, this enchanting city has since been a seat of government, philosophy, medicine, and religion. The best surviving example of an ancient Arab city, Fez is comprised of a new city, established in the 12th century, and the unchanged 2,000-year-old medina. Tour Fez el-Bali (Fez the Old) and its medieval medina (old town), a UNESCO world heritage site crammed with narrow, winding streets, where donkeys laden with goods trawl alongside buyers through the ancient market. A fascinating maze of lanes, blind alleys, bustling souks, and artisan workshops, the atmosphere assaults the senses with fragrant spices, exotic delicacies, brightly colored carpets, and fine handmade goods bursting from endless stalls. Visit centuries-old mosques and universities, see the multi-colored vats of the open-air tanneries, tour the ceramic workshops that create prized Moroccan mosaics, and shop for traditional goods made from copper, ceramics, and leather. Fez is the perfect place to hone your bargaining skills in buying souvenirs. Also visit Fez el-Djedid (Fez the New), built in the 12th century, where you can admire Fez's Royal Palace and mellah (Jewish Quarter), the largest in Morocco. And no trip would be complete without a visit to the Merenid Tombs that offer spectacular panoramic views of Fez.
- Inclusions -
- Assistance of government certified tour guide
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Sahara Soul Travel is a tour operator specializing in custom private journey in Morocco
.Delight in luxury accommodations, transportation, and expert guides as you discover the real Morocco.
-To request the complete itinerary for the tour above, please call us or email us.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Fes
- Fes City Tour - from 15 EUR
- Camel safaris - 4 days from 380 EUR
- 4 Days Desert Tour from Fes to Marrakech Sahara Camel Treks... - 4 days from 370 EUR
- Fes to Marrakech via Sahara - 3 days from 375 EUR
- Desert Trip From Fes to Marrakech - 5 days from 400 EUR
- 13 Days of Culture - 13 days from 1500 USD
- Jewish Heritage - 9 days from 2250 USD
Email the tour operator - Tour Fez
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.