4 Days Desert Tour from Fes to Marrakech Sahara Camel Treks and Overnight Nomad Tents
- Price from:
- 370 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Fes Riad/Hotel/Airport
- Location Finish:
- Fes Riad/Hotel/Airport
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 03/11/2009
Trip highlights :Sahara Desert Dunes, Camel ride, Night Nomad tent, Off Road Excursion, Visit Nomads of the Desert, Live Gnaoua Music in Khamlia, Todra Gorges, Dades & Rose Valley, UNESCO Site Kasbah
Fes - Merzouga :
Drive to Merzouga via Azrou forest where you will stop to see the little monkeys climbing the cider trees, continue through Ziz valley with its thousands of plam trees and then set off to Erfoud the desert gate from there you will take an off road of 30 kms to reach Merzouga where you will spend the night in an auberge ( desert hotel ) just a few steps from the dunes.
Merzouga - Erg Chebbi Dunes :
After breakfast we will make the so called " large dunes tour " passing by several Berber villages and the highlight is Khamlia village or the African village where you will stop to enjoy live Gnoua music which is plays by the locals, continue to see the nomads of the Sahara under their tents... In the evening you will be transferred back the auberge from there you will start the camel ride for an overnight in the dunes under nomad tent.
Erg Chebbi Dunes - Ouarzazate :
You will wake up early to see the beautiful sunrise over the dunes and then ride back your camels to the auberge where you will have breakfast before continuing the trip through Rissani one of the oldest cities in Morocco,and the capital of desting Alaoui,this spot was centuries ago a very busy commercial trade centre sun-sahararan African and to the North . Set off through Todra gorges the so called '' The Grand Canyon of Morocco ", continue through the road of Thousands Kasbahs via Dades Valley, roses valley and Skoura palm tree Oasis. Arrive Ouarzazate and check into the hotel
Ouarzazate - Marrakech :
After breakfast you will drive for about 1h from Ouarzazate to see a UNESCO heritage site, its the famous Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou where many famous movies were filmed such as ; Babel , Gladiator and Lawrance of Arabia. Continue to Marrakech over the high Atlas through Tizi N'tshka Pass. On the side of the mountains you will see host of Berber villages ... Arrive Marrakech and the end of the trip.
- Inclusions -
- - 1 Night Auberge in Merzouga ( dinner and breakfast included )
- Exclusions -
- - Lunches and drink
- Extras -
- The transport that we use for our tours is a comfortable Toyota Land cruiser not like any other " car ", with English speaking driver who will be your guide and your translator.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Fes
Email the tour operator - 4 Days Desert Tour from Fes to Marrakech Sahara Camel Treks and Overnight Nomad Tents
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.