- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 59 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 05/22/2009
A unique experience of watching whales in their natural surroundings!
A unique 4 hours experience of watching whales in their natural surroundings!
The whales watching trip is a unique opportunity to explore the spectacular lives of these magnificent marine mammals in their natural aquatic habitat.
Encountering whales, is an incredibly moving experiences.
It will bring you into contact with strikingly beautiful scenery, unspoiled landscapes and wonderful animals.
Whales watching is an outing in which you will go further out to sea and the number of encounters you will have will depend a lot on weather and sea conditions. If the sea is rough, it will be more difficult to see the whales.
When you see the whales, the sight is unbelievable. Everyone has their own way of describing this incredible sight. Sometimes instead of the usual outbursts, it is the deafening silence of being lost for words as you hear the enormous humpback whale take one last breath before a dive.
Once you get on board the boat, and before the boat heads to its destination in the deep sea, the skipper will brief you on the experience you are about to have.
The briefing will also include such aspects as:
* Types of whales which you will encounter
* Whales habits
* Guidelines for successful whales watching
* Security measures on the boat
The Whales Watching offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
* The trip is not recommended for pregnant women
* Minimum age requirement: 7 years and above
* The max capacity of the boat is of 12 passengers
* Note: there is a guarantee of 60% that you will see the whales
* We work exclusively on speed boats, as it is much easier to look for the whales in comparison to catamarans which take much more time to arrive to the whales sites. With a catamaran you will have less time to spend with the whales and more time will be spent on the journey there and back
* Upon request we can arrange your transport from and back to your hotel
A little information about Whales in Mauritius:
It is possible to find many different types of whales in Mauritius. The most common whales are: Blainville's Beaked Whale, Gray's Beaked Whale, Dwarf Sperm Whale, and the Sperm whale which is the most famous whale in Mauritius.
The Sperm Whale is the largest species of toothed whale, with adult growing to be about 15-18 meters (50-60 feet) long, and weighing about 45-70 tonnes. The body of sperm whales is robustly proportioned, with paddled-shaped flippers. The lower jaw is always relatively small and thin relative to the upper jaw. The Sperm Whale dives to great depths to find food, and it eats squid, fish, and even sharks.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Mauritius
Email the tour operator - Whales Watching
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.