- Price from:
- 29 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 05/22/2009
Enjoy water skiing along several of Mauritiusâ coasts and also in few of the countryâs lakes.
Water-skiing is one of the most popular water sports in Mauritius.
You can enjoy water skiing along several of Mauritius' coasts and also in few of the country's lakes. The best area for water skiing is considered to be the north area of the island, along the coasts, where the lagoon provides full protection from the big waves of the open sea and offers ideal water skiing conditions of very calm sea.
This activity includes short boat trip to the starting point inside the lagoon where you will get the skis, wear the life jacket and get ready to start the water skiing.
According to your water skiing level you can agree with the boat operator on the speed of the boat, the complexity of the course (slalom, straight lines etc). After you will complete the water skiing session you will be taken back to shore.
What is Water skiing? Waterskiing is a sport where an individual (or more than one individual) is pulled behind a motor boat on a body of water wearing one or more skis. The surface area of the ski (or skis) keeps the person skimming on the surface of the water allowing the skier to stand upright while holding the tow rope.
* The waterskiing is offered in Grand Bay and in Flic en Flac
* No particular physical conditions are necessary
* This activity is offered from the age of 6 years and above - it is required to have basic swimming skills
* The water skiing is offered every day between 9:00-16:00
* Water skiing duration: about 15 minutes
- Extras -
- # This activity is offered from the age of 6 years and above - it is required to have basic swimming skills
# The water skiing is offered every day between 9:00-16:00
# Water skiing duration: about 15 minutes
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Mauritius
Email the tour operator - Water Ski
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.