Mauritius South West Tour
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 hours
- Location Start:
- Grand Bay
- Location Finish:
- Grand Bay
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 05/15/2009
A âmustâ for any visitor to Mauritius. You will visit: Floreal, Trou aux Cerfs, Curepipe, Mare aux Vacoas, Grand Bassin, Black River Gorge, Chamarel, view of point Le Morne & Casela bird park
A âmust' for any visitor to Mauritius. Day full of highlights!
As part of this tour you will visit: Floreal, Trou aux Cerfs, Curepipe, Mare aux Vacoas, Grand Bassin, Black River Gorge, Chamarel (seven-colored earth), view of point Le Morne, Casela bird park.
Departure from Grand Bay at around 08:30. The first stop is Floreal, where you will visit local handcrafts workshops, such as the wool factory, a model boats workshop, a diamond cutting workshop and more. During your visit you will see the various steps of garments making. Be enchanted by the soft touch of materials, learn the technical aspect of machinery, and be amazed by the artistict work done by the people at work.
Many of the boutiques and factory shops in Floreal offer a vast range of products. You will be able to purchase at competitive prices hand made craft, watches, paintings and top designer garments and many more, all directly from the manufactures.
You can also take a break on a beautiful terrace while enjoying a wonderful meal or drink in the peaceful atmosphere of the center.
On the way to Curepipe, you will visit the Trou aux Cerfs ( extinct volcano ). This huge natural volcanic crater, 85m deep and 200m wide, was formed millions of years ago. There you will have a beautiful panoramic view of the crater and of the town of Curepipe, and with clear sky even see all the way to Reunion Island.
From Trou aux Cerfs you will continue the trip visiting the town of Curepipe, and then the Mare aux Vacoas, the biggest natural water reservoir of the island. There lies the mysterious and enchanting Grand Bassin, a holy lake for Mauritians of Hindu faith. It is said that the water inside the lake communicates with the waters of the holy Ganges of India. The Hindus declared the Grand Bassin as a Holy lake. The Hindu community performs a pilgrimage every year on the Maha Sivaratri/âSiva's Great Nightâ, on this day they honor the Lord Siva.
From there you tour continues to the Black River Gorges natural park, where it is possible to see many endangered species of plants and animals, and to enjoy a breathtaking viewpoint of Alexandra falls.
Then, reach one of the wonders of Paradise â the Seven Colored Earth of Chamarel. The landscape is truly unique and there is also a great view of the neighboring Chamarel falls and the lush vegetation all around.
The final stop will be at the Casela Bird Park, 25 hectares of park, which is home to more than 150 bird species from all the different continents. The Pink Pigeon, one of the rarest species in the world, is the main attraction. The park is also home to many tigers and monkeys.
Most amazing collection of orchids will accompany you on your stroll around while also enjoying the meandering streams, lush nature, cascades and fishponds.
Following the visit to the bird park you will head back to Grand Bay. Expected arrival time back to Grand Bay is 18:00.
- Extras -
- * Entry fees to Chamarel and Casela Bird Park are not included in the price of the tour â€' you will buy the tickets upon arrival to these locations.
** The tour includes Free pickup from Grand bay area.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Grand Bay
- Macchabee Forest Half Day - from 45 EUR
- Ile aux Cerfs island Tour - from 29 EUR
- Mauritius North Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South & Southwest Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South Chamouny Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South East Tour - from 19 EUR
- Catamaran Cruise Gabriel Island - from 39 EUR
- Submarine Trip - from 95 EUR
Email the tour operator - Mauritius South West Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.