Mauritius South East Tour
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 hours
- Location Start:
- Grand Bay
- Location Finish:
- Grand Bay
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- French, English
Last updated: 05/15/2009
Day full of highlights! You will visit: Eureka, Leval Nature Park, the town & museum of MahÃ©bourg, Blue Bay beach, Ylang Ylang and
the South-East coast.
Day full of fun, relaxation and highlights!
As part of this tour you will visit: Eureka, Leval Nature Park, the town & museum of MahÃ©bourg, Blue Bay beach, Ylang Ylang and the South-East coast.
Departure from Grand Bay at around 08:30. The first visit will be to the Eureka. Eureka is a unique house and museum built in 1830 located by the river of Moka. The house with the 109 doors is interesting for its antique furniture, old photographs, china and architecture. Worth seeing is the beautiful garden surrounding the house with beautiful flowers, majestic waterfalls, and the endemic plants.
From Eureka you will continue to Leval Nature Park, which is situated in the South East of the island at the Grand Port District. The park lies in a beautiful location between flourishing mountains. The park is full of animals, and during your visit you will have a chance to see wide range of animals such as deers, monkeys, various bird species, and many more.
The next stop is the traditional Mauritian village of Mahebourg and its museum. Mahebourg is named after Bertrand FranÃ§ois MahÃ© de La Bourdonnais, one of the most successful governors of the French period. The well-planned wide streets in the old section of MahÃ©bourg still bear testimony to the Dutch and French colonial past.
You will visit the Historical Naval Museum which recounts the epic naval battles of the past between the Royal Navy and the French Navy. Today MahÃ©bourg is a bustling center of local trade. The new waterfront complex will offer you to enjoy memorable walks along the sea side.
After this, you will enjoy a visit to the beautiful Blue Bay beach with its crystal clear turquoise blue water. It is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Mauritius. Blue bay is the perfect place for relaxation, swimming and even more for snorkeling, as it considered the best place for snorkeling in Mauritius.
You will continue your trip and visit the Ylang-ylang distillery and its garden. This distillery is one of the oldest on the island (more than 100 years old). Its main resource is the plantation of Ylang-ylang from which fragrant yellow flowers perfume is derived.
From there you will get to see an amazing panoramic view over the bay of Vieux Grand Port and of the neighboring islands.
You will end the tour with a beautiful view of Mauritius south east coast before heading back to Grand Bay. Expected arrival time back to Grand Bay is 18:00.
- Extras -
- * Entry fee to the Crocodile Farm & Nature Park is not included in the price of the tour â€' you will buy the tickets upon arrival to this location.
** The tour includes Free pickup from Grand bay area
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Grand Bay
- Macchabee Forest Half Day - from 45 EUR
- Ile aux Cerfs island Tour - from 29 EUR
- Mauritius North Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South & Southwest Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South West Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South Chamouny Tour - from 19 EUR
- Catamaran Cruise Gabriel Island - from 39 EUR
- Submarine Trip - from 95 EUR
Email the tour operator - Mauritius South East Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.