Mauritius South Chamouny Tour
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 hours
- Location Start:
- Grand Bay
- Location Finish:
- Grand Bay
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 05/15/2009
A tour full of highlights! You will visit: Bois Cheri tea plantation & tea factory, Grand Bassin lake, VallÃ©e des couleurs Park,Chamouny waterfalls, fern gardens, Gris-Gris, Crocodile Farm & many more
As part of this tour you will visit: Bois Cheri tea plantation & tea factory, Grand Bassin sacred lake, VallÃ©e des couleurs Nature Park, Chamouny waterfalls, fern gardens, Gris-Gris of Souillac, Rochester waterfalls and the Crocodile Farm & Nature Park.
Departure from Grand Bay at around 08:30. First you will visit the Bois Cheri tea plantation & tea factory. Discover traditional Mauritius by following the Tea Route that starts from the colonial house, Les Aubineaux in Curepipe. You will visit the Bois Cheri tea factory and museum, as well as visiting the greenhouses and the vanilla plantations. You will also enjoy the taste of a good cup of tea of Bois Cheri tea.
The tour will then proceed to Grand Bassin sacred lake. Grand Bassin, a holy lake for Mauritians of Hindu faith. It is said that the water inside the lake communicates with the waters of the holy Ganges of India. The Hindus declared the Grand Bassin as a Holy lake. The Hindu community performs a pilgrimage every year on the Maha Sivaratri/âSiva's Great Nightâ, on this day they honor the Lord Siva.
Later you will continue to Chamouny and the VallÃ©e des couleurs nature park, nature reserve of breathtaking beauty with its enchanting waterfalls, fern gardens, local plants, and its famous and unique 23 coloured earth! In this park you will feel like entering a sacred place, so peaceful, so quiet â a stillness that one should experience. And yet from that stillness, vibrant animal life cohabit with the plants.
The tour will continue to the cliffs of Gris-Gris of Souillac which are found on the Southern tip of Mauritius. Gris Gris got its name for its gloomy and moody atmosphere which you will find all year round. This is the only place in Mauritius where there is an opening in the barrier reefs circling Mauritius. And accordingly the only place you can see the big waves reaching the shores and crashing on the cliffs.
The next stop is the Rochester waterfalls, which are located near the southern coast of Mauritius. This area is full of natural beauties and interesting formations. The organ-pipe shaped basalt columns near the waterfall and the signs of lava balls revealed from the way are really spectacular.
The final stop for the trip is the Crocodile Farm & Nature Park. The park which is home to various species of animals, reptiles and plants is set in a beautiful rain forested valley with natural freshwater springs, full of prawns and fish. During your stay in the park you can also experience a firsthand unique encounter with the giant tortoises (turtles), and get a rare chance to feed, pet and play with them. There is also a mini zoo of Mauritian fauna where you can find most of the Mauritian mammals and reptiles including skinks, phelsumas (geckos), tortoises, turtles, bats, deers, mongooses, monkeys, pigs, as well as domestic livestock such as goats, fat-tailed sheep and donkeys.
A must see is the park rare collection of butterflies and other brightly-colored insects (with about 23 000 species), which is one of the biggest and most fascinating in the world.
Following the visit to the Crocodile park you will head back to Grand Bay. Expected arrival time back to Grand Bay is 18:00.
- Extras -
- * entry fees to Bois Cheri tea plantation & tea factory, VallÃ©e des couleurs nature park, and the Crocodile Farm & Nature Park, are not included in the price of the tour â€' you will buy the tickets upon arrival to this locations.
** The tour includes Free pickup from Grand bay area.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Grand Bay
- Macchabee Forest Half Day - from 45 EUR
- Ile aux Cerfs island Tour - from 29 EUR
- Mauritius North Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South & Southwest Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South West Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South East Tour - from 19 EUR
- Catamaran Cruise Gabriel Island - from 39 EUR
- Submarine Trip - from 95 EUR
Email the tour operator - Mauritius South Chamouny Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.