Mauritius South & Southwest Tour
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 hours
- Location Start:
- Grand Bay
- Location Finish:
- Grand Bay
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 05/15/2009
Day full of fun with many highlights! You will visit: Crocodile Farm & Nature Park, Rochester Falls, Gris-Gris, Riambel beach, Pointe aux Roches, Baie du Cap, Maconde & Le Morne Brabant & Flic en Flac
Day full of fun, relaxation and highlights!
As part of this tour you will visit: Crocodile Farm & Nature Park, Rochester Falls, Gris-Gris, the Riambel beach, Pointe aux Roches, Baie du Cap, MacondÃ© & Le Morne Brabant and Flic en Flac.
Departure from Grand Bay at around 08:30.
The first stop will be at the Crocodile Farm & Nature Park. The park which is home to various species of animals, reptiles and plants is set in a beautiful rain forested valley with natural freshwater springs, full of prawns and fish. During your stay in the park you can also experience a firsthand unique encounter with the giant tortoises (turtles), and get a rare chance to feed, pet and play with them.
There is also a mini zoo of Mauritian fauna where you can find most of the Mauritian mammals and reptiles including skinks, phelsumas (geckos), tortoises, turtles, bats, deers, mongooses, monkeys, pigs, as well as domestic livestock such as goats, fat-tailed sheep and donkeys.
A must see is the park rare collection of butterflies and other brightly-colored insects (with about 23 000 species), which is one of the biggest and most fascinating in the world.
The next stop is the Rochester waterfalls, which are located near the southern coast of Mauritius. This area is full of natural beauties and interesting formations. The organ-pipe shaped basalt columns near the waterfall and the signs of lava balls revealed from the way are really spectacular.
The tour will continue to the cliffs of Gris-Gris of Souillac which are found on the Southern tip of Mauritius. Gris Gris got its name for its gloomy and moody atmosphere which you will find all year round.
This is the only place in Mauritius where there is an opening in the barrier reefs circling Mauritius. And accordingly the only place you can see the big waves reaching the shores and crashing on the cliffs.
The next stop is Riambel, a small village in the south of the island. Anyone going there will feel the high energy with intense vibratory levels which flow there. As part of the tour you will also visit the beautiful beach of Riambel.
From Riambel the tour will continue along the coastline visiting the breathtaking beaches of Pointe aux Roches, Baie du Cap, Maconde, and the Le Morne Brabant.
Le Morne Brabant is a peninsula at the extreme south-western tip of Mauritius. It is highlighted by a single standing basaltic rock with a summit of 556 meters above sea level. Le Morne Brabant is one of the most imposing sights on Mauritius. It is surrounded by a lagoon and is one of the most famous tourist attractions. In Le Morne Brabant one can find one of the rarest plants in the world, the Mandrinette. Another rare plant which grows only on the sides of the rock is the Trochetia boutoniana.
You will end the tour visiting the beautiful beaches of Flic en Flac for a wonderful relaxation and/or swimming. Flic en Flac with its beautiful beaches which are considered some of the best in the world is the second most popular tourist destination of Mauritius after Grand Bay.
Following the visit to Flic en Flac, you will head back to Grand Bay. Expected arrival time back to Grand Bay is 18:00.
- Extras -
- * entry fee to the Crocodile Farm & Nature Park is not included in the price of the tour â€' you will buy the tickets upon arrival to this location.
** The tour includes Free pickup from Grand bay area
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Grand Bay
- Macchabee Forest Half Day - from 45 EUR
- Ile aux Cerfs island Tour - from 29 EUR
- Mauritius North Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South West Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South Chamouny Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South East Tour - from 19 EUR
- Catamaran Cruise Gabriel Island - from 39 EUR
- Submarine Trip - from 95 EUR
Email the tour operator - Mauritius South & Southwest Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.