Mauritius North Tour
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 hours
- Location Start:
- Grand Bay
- Location Finish:
- Grand Bay
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 05/15/2009
Full tour of Mauritiusâ north tour - Day full of highlights! As part of this tour you will visit. Many highlights in one day: Mauritius Aquarium, Botanical garden, Sugar estate & Museum and more.
A âmust' for any visitor to Mauritius â full Mauritius north tour. Day full of highlights!
As part of this tour you will visit. Many highlights in one day: Mauritius Aquarium, Botanical garden, Sugar estate & Museum, town of Port Louis, Natural history Museum and waterfront.
Departure from Grand Bay at around 08:30. The first visit will be to the Mauritius Aquarium. The aquarium, located in a small relaxing village in the North West of Mauritius, is home to a large number of species including over 200 species of fish, invertebrates, live coral and sponges, originating from the waters around the island.
The newly designed architecture of the aquarium shows off what the aquarium has to offer to a better degree. In the Aquarium you are able to enjoy a unique walk on the ocean floor observing the many, many types of animals that Mauritius' marine life as to offer. During your visit you will get to see the Crown squirrel fish and the Devil Firefish as well as a number of sharks. Also,get ready to see neon brights, glowing yellows, fluorescent greens, purples and other amazing colors you probably didn't believe could be found in any marine wildlife.
There is also a special touch pool for children to experience direct contact with some of the species in the aquarium.
Later you will continue to Mauritius National Botanical gardens, home to an incredible variety of tropical plants, many of them indigenous.
The Botanical Garden is one of the most visited attractions in Mauritius. It was first opened as a private garden by the French governor of Mauritius nearly 300 years ago. It is located in the proximity of Port-Louis and is very accessible by public transport.
The garden stretches over endless acres of land and it can take you more than a week to cover the whole garden which is populated with more than 650 varieties of plants among which are the famous Baobabs , the palmier bouteille, the ineluctable giant water lilies, dozens of medicinal plants, 85 different varieties of palms, big spice garden and many more.
The tour will then continue to the Sugar estate and museum which stretches over 5000 square meters. In the estate you will discover the stories, tales and background on: sugar throughout the ages, the history of sugar production and growing in Mauritius, manufacturing progress of sugar, the Sugar Routes- journeys of sugar and the history of commercial exchanges throughout the world and more.
You can also enjoy a selection of panorama videos and films on many sugar related subjects. Also, as part of your visit, you will have the opportunity to shop at the estate's boutique - Don't miss this great opportunity to enjoy, try, and purchase unique-local made special sugars, and the local made Mauritian rum!
If you wish, you can also enjoy a lunch at the Sugar estate restaurant, where you can have a great quality lunch with a magnificent view of the Pieter Both Mountain.
You will end the tour with a visit to Port Louis, which is the capital of Mauritius. It is the nation's largest city and the economic and administrative center. Port Louis has plenty of character. Right off the main square you can stroll besides the palm-lined Place d'Armes. Also, you can see some wonderful French colonial buildings, especially the Government House and the Municipal Theater. In Port Louis you can see few sightseeing attractions such as the: The Anglican and Catholic cathedrals, the main city Mosque, Chinatown, the lively covered market, the Supreme Court house, the 18th century Barracks and the Natural History Museum.
Following the visit to Port Louis you will head back to Grand Bay. Expected arrival time back to Grand Bay is 18:00.
- Extras -
- * entry fees to Mauritius Aquarium, Mauritius National Botanical gardens , Sugar estate & Museum, Natural History Museum are not included in the price of the tour â€' you will buy the tickets upon arrival to this locations.
** The tour includes Free pickup from Grand bay area.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Grand Bay
- Macchabee Forest Half Day - from 45 EUR
- Ile aux Cerfs island Tour - from 29 EUR
- Mauritius South & Southwest Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South West Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South Chamouny Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South East Tour - from 19 EUR
- Catamaran Cruise Gabriel Island - from 39 EUR
- Submarine Trip - from 95 EUR
Email the tour operator - Mauritius North Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.