Macchabee Forest Half Day
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 45 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Grand Bay
- Location Finish:
- Grand Bay
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 12.30 pm
- We Speak:
- French, English
Last updated: 05/20/2009
Half Day hiking including a picnic lunch. Discover the National Park with its many amazing panoramic views of the native forest, waterfalls and of the sea. It is also a true heaven for bird watching.
Macchabee Forest Hike â Half Day hiking including a picnic lunch:
The Macchabee Forest is part of the Black River National park. The forest is at an altitude of 600 meters.
You will discover the National Park with its many amazing panoramic views onto the native forest, waterfalls and onto the sea. It is also a true heaven for bird watching.
The vegetation at the forest is very rich and varied, counting several species of endemic plants. Various endangered birds can be observed during this hike, including the rare âCrescerelleâ, the âGrosse Cateau Verte,â the âPigeon des Maresâ- all of them protected as nearly extinguished, as well as the âPaille en Queueâ.
During this hike you may also be able to see wild monkeys!
The hike will end with a complementary picnic lunch.
Region: Mauritius West
Minimum age requirement: 10 years and above
Duration: The entire trip will take half a day: from 9:00 am - 12:30 pm.
About the guide and the spirit of the trip - All hiking excursions and treks will be under the experienced and professional guidance of one of the top guides in Mauritius, while sharing his local knowledge, passion for sports and love of nature.
Each trip is carried out with a total respect towards nature and while making it a top priority to stress the importance of its preservation. The trip will take you around some of the most beautiful places in Mauritius and you will get to learn more about the fauna and flora and what's being done towards its preservation, making this a unique and enriching experience.
About Hiking in Mauritius - Mauritius, being a volcanic island, has several breathtaking summits and valleys to explore on foot. The island is well known for its natural beauty.
Mauritius is famous for its breathtaking nature, beautiful birds, flora, coastlines and with many magnificent views.
The flora of Mauritius is composed of 700 species of indigenous plants.
To learn more about hiking and trekking in Mauritius check our Trekking in Mauritius page.
- Extras -
- The hike will end with a complementary picnic lunch.
# Water and juice will be provided during the trip
# The price also includes a picnic lunch
# It is recommended to bring hiking shoes, sun cream and mosquito repellent, spare set of clothes
# Region: Mauritius West, Difficulty: Easy
# Minimum age requirement: 10 years and above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Grand Bay
- Ile aux Cerfs island Tour - from 29 EUR
- Mauritius North Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South & Southwest Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South West Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South Chamouny Tour - from 19 EUR
- Mauritius South East Tour - from 19 EUR
- Catamaran Cruise Gabriel Island - from 39 EUR
- Submarine Trip - from 95 EUR
Email the tour operator - Macchabee Forest Half Day
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.