One Of The Worlds Newest And Most Exciting
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- +218 21 3607128
- +218 21 3607129
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/10/2008
Classic Tripoli Tour
4days / 3 nights
Libya Tour Day 1 Tripoli - Medina
Arrival: You will be met at Tripoli airport by one of our guides to assist with obtaining your visas, and transporting you to the hotel.
Afternoon: Sightseeing tour of the city (including Marcus Aurelus Arch, Medina and Souk).
Libya Tour Day 2 Tripoli Museum / Sabratha
Morning: Visit Aljamahirya Museum , exhibiting monuments tracing from the Germant, Roman, Greek, Phonecian, and Islamic civilizations that have historically inhabited Libya .
Next, we will visit the The Karamanly house. This house was built between1754 and 1793AD, during the reign of Ali Pasha Al Karamanly, and it is considered one of the most important historical houses on the street of Arbaa Arsaat. Karamanly used to live in the house with his large family, and it has thus become know as Al Hareem house.
Afternoon: Drive to the Roman ruins of Sabratha (62 Km.). Have lunch at a nearby restaurant before beginning the tour. Sabratha boasts one of the finest preserved theatres. Explore with a knowledgeable local guide, and close the tour at the Sabratha museum before returning to Tripoli .
Libya Tour Day 3 Leptis-Magna
Morning: Drive to the magnificent ancient Roman city of Leptis-Magna (120 Km.).
This wonderfully preserved Roman city was originally a Phoenician port, settled during the first millennium BC. Slaves brought gold, ivory, and precious metals to the city. In addition, the rich agricultural land surrounding the city, contributed to its great wealth. The Romans flourished until they were ousted by the Carthaginians, following the third Punic War. Again, the city flourished until the Vandals came through the city in 455AD. ]
You will again be accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, who will fascinate youwith the history attached to the many arches, bathes, shrines, basilicas and evencourts/ theatres that you will discover in the city. You will also enjoy the Leptis-Magna museum before having lunch at Leptis-Magna.
Afternoon: Continue west along the seashore about 700m. We will visit the circus and ampitheatre, an ancient entertainment complex connected with a maze on tunnels. The complex includes a chariot-racing track, next to the ampitheatre, which used to host gruesome sports for the entertainment of the people. These gruesome games included throwing slaves in to battle with wild animals, and gladiator fighting. We Return to Tripoli .
Libya Tour Day 4 Tripoli
Morning: Touring old city souk.
Transport to the airport; Departure
- Inclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tripoli
- Tripoli City - from 20 EUR
- Ancient Sabrata - from 20 EUR
- Leptia Magna - from 25 EUR
- Tripoli Panorama & Shopping - from 17 EUR
Email the tour operator - One Of The Worlds Newest And Most Exciting
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.