Tsavo and Chyulu Game Safari 4 Days 3 Nights
- Price from:
- 1148 USD /person
- +254 20 2212535
- +254 20 2212536
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/15/2010
Welcome to the theatre of the wild and the land of lava, springs and man-eaters. On this safari you will be able to view various species of wild game including the lion, leopard, cheetah, the elephant and a host of other plains animals. You will also be able to see attractions like, lava flows, caves and the famous and beautiful Mzima Springs.
Pick up from the airport or hotel for a safari briefing from our tour manager then depart for Tsavo East National Park arriving in time for an early lunch and enjoy an afternoon game drive till dusk.
The park has an interesting and diverse history including: the Waliangulu and Kamba tribes used the park as a hunting ground prior to gazette-ment; the first European to see Mount Kenya, rev. Dr. L. Krapf, journeyed on foot through this area in 1848; during the construction of the railway bridge over the Tsavo River in 1898, lions (the famed man-eaters of Tsavo) terrorized the workers, killing over 130 people before being killed by Col. J. H. Patterson. During World War 1, British forces along the Tsavo river to counter threats from invading German soldiers from Tanganyika (now Tanzania); the European explorer Captain Lugards a European explorer passed through the area on his way to Uganda.
Dinner and overnight at Voi Wildlife lodge or similar.
Tsavo / Chyulu Hills
Depart Tsavo after a game drive at the Tsavo west park and visit the Chyulu hills along the Mombasa road.
The hills hold no permanent surface water but rainfall percolating through the porus rock feeds many permanent fresh water sources in the surrounding plains, notably Mzima springs and the Tsavo and Galana rivers. The hills are relatively undisturbed and shelter indigenous vegetation and wildlife. The park comprises the eastern flank of the hills including about half of the forest area. The park boundary runs down the center of the hills along the line of the peaks. The western half is part of the West Chyulu Game Conservation area, owned by several Masai group ranches.
Dinner and overnight at Camp or similar.
Nairobi / Aberdares
After breakfast depart for the Aberdares National Park, arriving. At the tree Hotel in time for lunch. Spend the after in leisure watching the elephants at the waterhole.
In the Aberdares you find icy rivers, spectacular waterfalls and rain forests. Here elephants, buffalos and other animals visit you at the floodlit waterholes of The Ark.
Aberdares National Park has a diverse topography that includes icy rivers, spectacular waterfalls and rain forests. The flora and fauna is quite unique and is not found elsewhere in the country, expect on Mount Kenya. Leopard, elephant, serval, waterbuck, reedbuck, dikdik, rhino and the rare bongo can all be found here. You are sure to see elephants, buffalos and some other animals at the floodlit waterholes of Treetops Lodge. Birdlife is also plentiful, including the monkey eating crowned eagle.
Dinner and overnight at The Tree Tops hotel or similar.
Aberdares / Nairobi
After breakfast, depart for Nairobi and drop off at the airport for your flight to the next destination.
End of safari.
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Park entry fee - Accommodation and all meals - Service of an English-speaking driver guide - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- -Tips to driver guides and porter. - Extras at the lodges - tips, drinks, telephone, laundry etc - Items of personal expenses
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tsavo National Park
- 5 Days 4 Nights in the Wild Tsavo - 5 days from 720 USD
- Glimpse of the Wilderness Private Safari 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 1000 USD
- 2 Days safari into Tsavo East National Park 2 Days 1 Night - 2 days from 480 USD
- Under Canvas wildlife viewing in Kenya by road 12 Days 11 Nights - 12 days from 2220 USD
- Ecotourism and culture Safari with a beach holiday 15days... - 15 days from 4640 USD
- Amboseli, Tsavo West, East Wildlife Private Lodge Safari 3... - 3 days from 1000 USD
- Amboseli, Tsavo West, Tsavo East Wildlife Private Lodge... - 4 days from 1 USD
- Amboseli , Tsavo East and Tsavo West (Under canvas) Safari 3... - 3 days from 1060 USD
- Adventure Safari to Tsavo West Wildlife -3 Days / 2 Nights - 3 days from 600 USD
- Fascinating Honeymoon Safari 6 Days - 6 days from 1278 USD
Email the tour operator - Tsavo and Chyulu Game Safari 4 Days 3 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.