5 Days 4 Nights in the Wild Tsavo
- Price from:
- 720 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/28/2010
Ever been on an amazing wildlife adventure? This trip will guarantee the best wildlife viewing on the enormous Tsavo National park where you will be able to see the famous Big five, the dangerous and wild lion, enormous elephant, the rhino, the buffalo and the cheetah. You will also have a chance to see the Mzima springs, Mombasa's source of water.
Pick up from the airport or hotel for a safari briefing from our tour manager then depart for Tsavo East National Park arriving in time for an early lunch and enjoy an afternoon game drive till dusk.
The park has an interesting and diverse history including: the Waliangulu and Kamba tribes used the park as a hunting ground prior to gazette-ment; the first European to see Mount Kenya, rev. Dr. L. Krapf, journeyed on foot through this area in 1848; during the construction of the railway bridge over the Tsavo River in 1898, lions (the famed man-eaters of Tsavo) terrorized the workers, killing over 130 people before being killed by Col. J. H. Patterson. During World War 1, British forces along the Tsavo river to counter threats from invading German soldiers from Tanganyika (now Tanzania); the European explorer Captain Lugards a European explorer passed through the area on his way to Uganda.
Dinner and overnight at Voi safari lodge or similar.
After a pre breakfast game drive, and a sumptuous breakfast buffet, cross over to the western part of the park and spend the day game viewing with a picnic lunch and bush dinner in the evening.
Tsavo West Park is a vast expanse of savannah stretching from Mtito Andei, along the Mombasa - Nairobi road south to the Tanzania border. The north eastern boundary along the highway adjoins Tsavo east National park but Tsavo west has more varied topography and more diverse array of habitats than its neighbour.
Dinner and overnight at Ngulia lodge or similar.
After breakfast, spend the day with morning and afternoon game drives and enjoy the marvelous wonders of this panoramic gift to Kenya.
Dinner and overnight at Ngulia Lodge or similar.
Final morning game drive after breakfast en-route northwards to the Amboseli National park and continue with an afternoon game drive after lunch till dusk.
Amboseli is renowned for its huge elephant herds. Africa's highest Mountain - Mt Kilimanjaro sits on the upper slopes of Amboseli National park. Mt. Kilimanjaro snow white peak lies across the border in Tanzania. Seeing the Kilimanjaro hovering above the clouds in the early hours of the morning is quite an experience. For the enthusiastic photographer, animal pictures arising against the dramatic backdrop of the mountain is quite a thrill. Apart from the Elephants, Amboseli is a home to; buffalos, black rhinos, zebras, wildebeest and other plain animals.
Dinner and overnight at Satao Elarai Camp or smilar.
Enjoy a pre breakfast game drive then after breakfast depart for Nairobi then on arrival transfer to airport for your flight to the next destination.
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Park entry fee - Accommodation and all meals - Service of an English-speaking driver guide - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Horse riding in Amboseli National park charged at US$ 40 per hour (Availability is subject to confirmation at the time of booking.) -Tips to driver guides and porter. - Extras at the lodges - tips, drinks, telephone, laundry etc - Items of personal expenses. - International air fares
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tsavo National Park
- Glimpse of the Wilderness Private Safari 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 1000 USD
- 2 Days safari into Tsavo East National Park 2 Days 1 Night - 2 days from 480 USD
- Under Canvas wildlife viewing in Kenya by road 12 Days 11 Nights - 12 days from 2220 USD
- Tsavo and Chyulu Game Safari 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 1148 USD
- Ecotourism and culture Safari with a beach holiday 15days... - 15 days from 4640 USD
- Amboseli, Tsavo West, East Wildlife Private Lodge Safari 3... - 3 days from 1000 USD
- Amboseli, Tsavo West, Tsavo East Wildlife Private Lodge... - 4 days from 1 USD
- Amboseli , Tsavo East and Tsavo West (Under canvas) Safari 3... - 3 days from 1060 USD
- Adventure Safari to Tsavo West Wildlife -3 Days / 2 Nights - 3 days from 600 USD
- Fascinating Honeymoon Safari 6 Days - 6 days from 1278 USD
Email the tour operator - 5 Days 4 Nights in the Wild Tsavo
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.