Mount Kenya Hiking 6 Days 5 Nights
- Price from:
- 1100 USD /person
- +254 20 2212535
- +254 20 2212536
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/14/2010
(Mount Kenya Hiking)
This is a 6 days trip to hike mount Kenya through Naro Moru route. You will take 4 days on the Mt. Kenya hiking and 2 days at Naro Moru river lodge for acclimatization before and after hiking Mt. Kenya. You will travel privately in a tour mini van during this adventure.
Nairobi - Naro Moru
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta international Airport, you will be met by my tour manager who will brief you on your safari. After briefing, you depart
Nairobi for Naro Moru arriving in time for check in and Lunch.
Lunch Dinner and Overnight at Naro Moru river Lodge.
Naro Moru - Mt. Kenya
After lunch proceed to Naro Moru Park Gate and begin your hiking on Mount Kenya from this point to the Met. Station, a distance of 9 km, which takes 3 hours.
All Meals and overnight on Mt. Kenya bandas.
Naro Moru - Mackinders Camp
After breakfast continue climbing Mount Kenya with an ascent to Mackinders Camp for dinner and overnight.
Mackinders Camp - Point Lenana - Mountain Bandas
Wake up at around 2.30 am and attempt Point Lenana, the peak of Mount Kenya, via Austrian Hut. After Point Lenana at 4985m ascend down to Mintos Hut for breakfast then continue further down to Mountain Bandas with picnic lunch en-route.
Lunch, Dinner and overnight at the Bandas.
Mountain Bandas - Chogoria - Naro Moru River Lodge
After an early breakfast leave the mountain via the Bamboo forest to Chogoria village to complete your Mount Kenya climb. You will transfer to Naro Moru River lodge for rest, Lunch and dinner. Plus overnight stay.
Naro Moru River Lodge - Nairobi
After breakfast, check out and take your transport back to Nairobi where the tour ends. You will be dropped at the Jomo Kenyatta international Airport for your departure flight.
- Inclusions -
- Transport from Nairobi to Naro Moru and back, Transfer to the park entrance gate, Meals - 3 meal plan, Porters allowances, Guides allowances, Accommodation in Mountain Huts and at Naro Moru River Lodge, Park entrance fees for clients and crews.
- Exclusions -
- All drinks, Tips , Other personal effects, Accommodation in Nanyuki
- Extras -
- Packing List for Mt. Kenya Climbing:
a.. Hiking Boots
b.. A pair of Gloves
c.. Thick Woolen Socks
d.. Sunglass/Snow Glasses
e.. Warm Jacket
f.. Woolen Hat
g.. Rain Jacket
h.. Short Pants
i.. Water Bottles
k.. Extra Batteries for Cameras
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Nanyuki
- Mount Kenya Climbing and a Glimpse of Kenya Wildlife Safari... - from 4950 USD
Email the tour operator - Mount Kenya Hiking 6 Days 5 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.