Wilderness Disability Camping or Lodge Safariin Kenya 6 Days 5 Nights
- Price from:
- 1500 USD /person
- +254 20 2212535
- +254 20 2212536
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/18/2010
You will drive through rich farmland in the Central Province of Kenya to Samburu National Park with its rugged semi-desert terrain in Northern Kenya. After a number of days of game viewing we cross the equator once more continuing south westwards through the floor of the scenic Rift Valley and crossing the plains of Maasai-land to Kenya’s famous game sanctuary - the Maasai Mara
Samburu National Reserve
Depart Nairobi in the morning for a journey to the northern rugged semi-desert region of Samburu. Arrive in time for lunch at the campsite. Afternoon game viewing drive inside the park.
Samburu National Reserve is a wildlife haven. Here you will spot Africa’s big cats - lions, cheetahs and the elusive leopard. Some animals are unique to this northern Kenya park: Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe, kudu and gerenuk. The The Ewaso Nyiro River, the boundary with the neighboring Buffalo Springs National Reserve, is where the elephants, buffalo and other animal species gather for a drink. You will find the scenic semiarid landscape quite dramatic. The reserve is located within the lands of the colourful semi-nomadic Samburu tribesmen.
Dinner and overnight at the campsite / Samburu Lodge.
Morning and afternoon game drive inside the park and search for the stars of samburu rarely found elsewhere- liver red reticulated giraffe, beisa oryx, gerenuk, Somali ostrich among others. In between meals optional visit to samburu villages.
All meals and overnight at the campsite/ Samburu Lodge.
Morning game drives at samburu followed by breakfast and depart for Nakuru. Arriving in time for lunch at the campsite. After Lunch game viewing.
Lake Nakuru is a soda lake on the floor of the Rift valley. It is famous due to its being a home to about 1.5 million flamingo's and the over 450 species of birds found here. The sight of the millions of flamingos is quite spectacular. From a distance the lake appears ringed in pink. The Lake has also earned a reputation as an important haven for endangered species - particularly the Rothschild Giraffe and the black and white rhino. It is a home to Lions, waterbucks, buffalos, baboons and pelicans.
Dinner and overnight at the campsite / Lake Nakuru lodge.
Breakfast at the campsite and depart for Maasai Mara arriving Mara for Lunch. Afternoon game drive.
Maasai Mara national reserve offers an absolutely unique variety of animals. The reason is that this hilly region is both humid and fertile and is crossed by the rivers Mara and Talek full of crocodiles and hippo and which carry water the whole year around. The banks of the rivers are covered in thick forest which gradually makes way for bush and grassland the abundance of water and excellent availability of food are reasons why the Maasai Mara which in fact is a condition of the Tanzanian Serengeti National park has the greatest population of wild animals in the whole of Africa. There is a particular dramatic “spectacle” from July to November the annual migration of huge herds of gnus and zebras. These herds are of course closely followed by predators such as hyenas, jackals, leopards and lions. There is no place where more of these latter may be seen than in Maasai Mara gigantic herds of over 200 buffaloes can be observed. Plenty of food is available for elephants, giraffes and the many species of antelopes and gazelles all of which can be observed in their natural habitat.
Dinner and overnight at the campsite / Figtree Camp / Sianna Camp..
Maasai Mara Balloon
0630 hrs- early morning game drive before breakfast,
After breakfast, morning and afternoon game drive extending to the hippo point, in between meals optional visit to the Maasai villages.
All meals and overnight at the campsite / Figtree Camp / Sianna Camp.. .
Day 6 Nairobi
Early morning game drive followed by breakfast and depart with en route game viewing as you leave the park. Arrive Nairobi in the afternoon.
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Park entry fee as per itinerary - Full Board accommodation in campsite / Lodge with 3 meal plan prepared by our cook or at the Lodge. -Food and cook plus tents and utensils - Service of an English-speaking driver guide - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Driver allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Hot air Balloon flight in Maasai Mara – US$ 425 per person extra (Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking.) - Tips to driver guides and porter. - Extras at the lodges – tips, drinks, telephone, laundry etc - Items of personal expenses
- Extras -
- Optional Balloon Safari
Take the opportunity to fly over the Mara in a Hot air Balloon provided at an extra cost. The balloon package includes a champagne breakfast in the wild! If you can spare the money, viewing abundant game afloat a balloon is an unforgettable experience
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Nakuru
- Travel from Nairobi to Maasai Mara wildlife viewing in 6 Days... - 6 days from 2820 USD
- Bird watch at Lake Nakuru National Park and Game view at... - 4 days from 840 USD
- Bird watching at Lake Nakuru and Maasai Mara Game viewing 5... - 5 days from 1925 USD
- Maasai Mara to Lake Nakuru Game viewing safari 6Days 5Nights - 6 days from 1400 USD
- Airborne Safari around Kenya 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 3690 USD
- Heavenly wild Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3... - 3 days from 542 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Budget Camping Safari 4 Days 3... - 4 days from 1000 USD
- The Hemming Way Trail in Kenya 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 854 USD
- Kenya Wheelchair Game trail Lodge safari 10Days 9Nights - 10 days from 5580 USD
Email the tour operator - Wilderness Disability Camping or Lodge Safariin Kenya 6 Days 5 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.