Maasai Mara to Lake Nakuru Game viewing safari 6Days 5Nights
- Price from:
- 1400 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/27/2010
This safari will take you through the Great Rift Valley, the only earth feature observable from space. You will be able to see plenty of wildlife varying from Kenya's Big five, the lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and the cheetah among a host of other different animal species.
Pick up from airport by our tour manager and receive a briefing then transfer to the famous Maasai Mara National Reserve.
Dinner and overnight at Mara Springs camp or similar.
Early in the morning before breakfast depart for the morning game drive which runs until noon. In the afternoon you can opt to go for the game or visit the Maasai villages.
The Maasai are so significant due to their culture. Starting from their dress code, the color red is so significant in that they scare away wild animals as they co-exist with them. They believe that God, Enkai, gave them cattle, therefore they believe that all the cattle belongs to them. That's the reason why they have been known due to their cattle rustling. Although the Maasai are known for their nomadic life and cattle keeping, they is a group of agricultural Maasai, known as IL Loikop, are look down upon by the cattle keeping group, the Wakwavi since they believe they are the true Maasais created to keep cattle.
A Maasai Homestead (enkang popularly known as the Manyattas) is made from cow dung and wooden sticks from the leleshwa plant. Women are the ones responsible for putting up these magnificent homes. However, a homestead contains several Maasai houses which are surrounded by a fence made also by branches of the leleshwa plant where the herds of goats and cows are confined in during the night hours. There are other Manyattas made far away in the wilderness during their Morans as they prepare their headset, the motonyik, before they return home.
Dinner and overnight at Mara Springs Camp or similar.
Depart early morning after breakfast to the Hell's Gate National park for a one day adventure trip. Enjoy walks as well as bike riding activities and also rock climbing in the park.
Dinner and overnight at Naivasha Crater Lodge.
Naivasha - Nairobi
After early morning breakfast depart for Nairobi National Park and spend 4 hours of the day viewing Kenya's best wildlife. You will also get a chance to enjoy the Nairobi Safari Walk then depart for Tsavo East National park later on in the day.
Nairobi National park is unique by being the only protected area in the world with a variety of animals and birds close to the capital city. The park is a principal attraction for visitors to Nairobi.
It is one of the most successful of Kenya's rhino sanctuaries that is already generating a stock for reintroduction in the species former range and other upcoming sanctuaries. Due to this success, it is one of the few parks where a visitor can be certain of seeing a black rhino in its natural habitat.
Dinner and overnight at Aruba Lodge.
Tsavo East Park
Enjoy a sumptuous breakfast then depart for a morning game drive with lunch enroute. Finish off the day with an afternoon game drive.
The park has an interesting and diverse history including: the Waliangulu and Kamba tribes used the park as a hunting ground prior to gazette-ment; the first European to see Mount Kenya, rev. Dr. L. Krapf, journeyed on foot through this area in 1848; during the construction of the railway bridge over the Tsavo River in 1898, lions (the famed man-eaters of Tsavo) terrorized the workers, killing over 130 people before being killed by Col. J. H. Patterson. During World War 1, British forces along the Tsavo river to counter threats from invading German soldiers from Tanganyika (now Tanzania); the European explorer Captain Lugards a European explorer passed through the area on his way to Uganda.
Dinner and overnight at Aruba Lodge.
Enjoy a pre - breakfast game drive so as to be able to see the early risers and get a glimpse of their predator tactics. Return back for breakfast then depart for Nairobi for your connecting flight back.
End of safari.
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Park entry fee - Accommodation and all meals - Service of an English-speaking driver guide - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Hot air Balloon flight in Maasai Mara - US$ 425 per person extra (Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking.) - Tips to driver guides and porter. - Extras at the lodges - tips, drinks, telephone, laundry etc - Items of personal expenses. - International airfares
- Extras -
- Optional Balloon safari
Take the opportunity to fly over the Mara in a Hot air Balloon provided at an extra cost. The balloon package includes a champagne breakfast in the wild! If you can spare the money, viewing abundant game afloat a balloon is an unforgettable experience.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Nakuru
- Travel from Nairobi to Maasai Mara wildlife viewing in 6 Days... - 6 days from 2820 USD
- Bird watch at Lake Nakuru National Park and Game view at... - 4 days from 840 USD
- Bird watching at Lake Nakuru and Maasai Mara Game viewing 5... - 5 days from 1925 USD
- Airborne Safari around Kenya 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 3690 USD
- Heavenly wild Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3... - 3 days from 542 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Budget Camping Safari 4 Days 3... - 4 days from 1000 USD
- The Hemming Way Trail in Kenya 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 854 USD
- Kenya Wheelchair Game trail Lodge safari 10Days 9Nights - 10 days from 5580 USD
- Wilderness Disability Camping or Lodge Safariin Kenya 6 Days... - 5 days from 1500 USD
Email the tour operator - Maasai Mara to Lake Nakuru Game viewing safari 6Days 5Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.