Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Budget Camping Safari 4 Days 3 Nights
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 1000 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/04/2010
This is a four days safari into some of the best wildlife sanctuaries in Kenya, that is, Maasai Mara; the 4th most preferred tourist destination in the world; and Lake Nakuru National park. The trip will
start immediately after your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport onto Maasai Mara National Park through the Great Rift Valley, then to Lake Nakuru National Park. You will be able to see plenty of wildlife varying from Kenya's big five; the lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, and the leopard
among a host of other different animal species. You will travel in a private minibus van and stay in tented camps while on this safari.
Arrival - Nairobi - Maasai Mara National Park
On your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met by our tour manager who will brief you on your safari as you depart for Maasai Mara National Reserve arriving on time for check in at the camp, take your Lunch and then depart for an afternoon Game viewing drive till dusk.
The Maasai Mara National Reserve, now the New 7th wonder of the world and 4th preferred tourist destination in the world is a home to wildlife in
such abundance and variety that it is difficult to imagine. The most spectacular event of the natural world takes place here; the annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti (Tanzania)in search of water and pasture while being followed on their heels by the predators of the savanna; lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and
vulture. It hosts over 450 species of animals which include lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, warthogs, hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephants.
Dinner and overnight at Big Time Camp or similar
Maasai Mara National Park
Depart early in the morning for a pre-breakfast Game Viewing drive followed by breakfast there after at the campsite. Later in the afternoon you will
depart for an afternoon Game viewing drive after your lunch till dusk. An option of balloon Game viewing is available at an extra cost and takes
place very early in the morning.
In November 2006 the Masai Mara was named as the New 7th wonder of the world because of what experts termed as "the uniqueness of the area and the
preservation it provides to so many species living in harmony". It is understandable because this annual migration is the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth.
Dinner and overnight at Big Time Camp or similar.
Maasai Mara National Reserve - Lake Nakuru
You will enjoy an early pre-breakfast game viewing drive followed by breakfast. Afterwards, you will depart to Lake Nakuru National park arriving in time for lunch at Lake Nakuru Guest House. After lunch, go for game viewing till evening.
Dubbed 'the greatest bird spectacle on earth due to the millions of fuchsia-pink flamingo that flock to feed on the teeming algae of its alkaline waters, Lake Nakuru is also an ornithologist's paradise and also a sanctuary for both black and white rhino. Its pink-frosted shores and sky-mirrored waters also yield some of the most evocatively beautiful photo
images in Africa. The park offers an incredible 450 different species of water, fish-eating, terrestrial and migratory birds including the pelican, fish eagle, secretary bird, heron, egret, hammerkop and grebe. Established as Kenya's first rhino sanctuary, the park now hosts one of the largest black rhino concentrations in the country while substantial numbers of white rhino have also been introduced. You will have a fantastic view of the Lake while at the Baboon cliff, lion Hill and out of Africa Hill.
All meals and overnight at Lake Nakuru Guest House or similar.
Lake Nakuru National Park - Nairobi - Departure
You will enjoy a pre breakfast game viewing drive. After your breakfast proceed with more game viewing till lunch time. After lunch, depart for Nairobi City arriving in time for drop off at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your departure flight to your next destination.
End of Safari.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary -Transport in a private tour minibus van -Services of an English speaking tour driver/guide -Game viewing drives and parks entrance fees as per itinerary -All Government taxes and levies
- Exclusions -
- Hot air balloon flight in the park- US$ 450 per person extra (Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking) -All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax / email bills etc. -Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver/guide. -Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks -Any local or international flight and departure taxes -Laundry services -Any other item not included in our itinerary -Sleeping bag and other toiletries
- Extras -
- Optional Balloon Flight
You can opt to carry out your game viewing activity on an adventurous and unforgettable balloon flight over the spectacular Mara at an extra cost.
This package includes a bush breakfast in the wild making it very interesting.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Nakuru
- Travel from Nairobi to Maasai Mara wildlife viewing in 6 Days... - 6 days from 2820 USD
- Bird watch at Lake Nakuru National Park and Game view at... - 4 days from 840 USD
- Bird watching at Lake Nakuru and Maasai Mara Game viewing 5... - 5 days from 1925 USD
- Maasai Mara to Lake Nakuru Game viewing safari 6Days 5Nights - 6 days from 1400 USD
- Airborne Safari around Kenya 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 3690 USD
- Heavenly wild Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3... - 3 days from 542 USD
- The Hemming Way Trail in Kenya 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 854 USD
- Kenya Wheelchair Game trail Lodge safari 10Days 9Nights - 10 days from 5580 USD
- Wilderness Disability Camping or Lodge Safariin Kenya 6 Days... - 5 days from 1500 USD
Email the tour operator - Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Budget Camping Safari 4 Days 3 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.