Bird watch at Lake Nakuru National Park and Game view at Maasai Mara 4 Days 3 Nights
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 840 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/28/2010
This safari will take you through the Great Rift Valley, the only earth feature observable from space. You will be able to see plenty of wildlife varying from Kenya's Big five, the lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and the cheetah among a host of other different animal species.
After breakfast picked up from your city hotel, and depart for Masai Mara game reserve, which is commonly known for the 'big five'. It takes about five hours to get there via Narok the only Maasai town. Arrive in time for lunch, then afternoon game drive.
Dinner and overnight at Mara Springs camp.
Pre-breakfast morning game drive which gives you the chance to see animals hunting, thereafter back to the lodge for lunch. Afternoon you can go for game drive or relax by the pool or visit the Maasai villages.
There have been some 95 species of mammals, amphibians and reptiles and over 400 birds species recorded on the Masai Mara Reserve. Nowhere in Africa is wildlife more abundant, and it is for this reason a visitor hardly misses to see the big five (buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion and rhino.)
Dinner and overnight at Mara Springs camp.
After breakfast check out and have an en-route game drive as you drive into the Great Rift Valley. Arrive in Nakuru National Park in time for lunch. After lunch proceed for an afternoon game drive in the park, which has some rare animals like white rhinos and Rothschild giraffes.
Lake Nakuru National Park
Located 160km Northwest of Nairobi, is home to millions of , the fish eating pelicans as well as over 450 other species of birds. It is also a good location for game viewing, including the black rhino, the lion, and the waterbuck as well as other antelopes. It is one of the best places to see the leopard as well as the endangered Rothschild Giraffes. The national park was gazzeted to protect the flamingoes and also provide sanctuary to endangered species like the rhino. Although the main attraction to the park is the pink flamingos, a visitor will also get to see plenty of giraffes, waterbucks and other game.
Dinner and overnight at lake Nakuru Lodge.
Pre-breakfast morning game drive, and then proceed to the lake where you have the chance to see the thousands of flamingoes and many more species of birds. Then proceed to Nairobi, drop off at the airport.
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Park entry fee - Accommodation and all meals in Aberdares, Lake Nakuru & Maasai Mara - Service of an English-speaking driver guide - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Hot air Balloon flight in Maasai Mara - US$ 425 per person extra (Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking.) - Tips to driver guides and porter. - Extras at the lodges - tips, drinks, telephone, laundry etc - Items of personal expenses.
- Extras -
- Optional Balloon Flight
Take the opportunity to fly over the Mara in a Hot air Balloon provided at an extra cost. The balloon package includes a champagne breakfast in the wild! If you can spare the money, viewing abundant game afloat a balloon is an unforgettable experience.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Nakuru
- Travel from Nairobi to Maasai Mara wildlife viewing in 6 Days... - 6 days from 2820 USD
- Bird watching at Lake Nakuru and Maasai Mara Game viewing 5... - 5 days from 1925 USD
- Maasai Mara to Lake Nakuru Game viewing safari 6Days 5Nights - 6 days from 1400 USD
- Airborne Safari around Kenya 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 3690 USD
- Heavenly wild Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3... - 3 days from 542 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Budget Camping Safari 4 Days 3... - 4 days from 1000 USD
- The Hemming Way Trail in Kenya 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 854 USD
- Kenya Wheelchair Game trail Lodge safari 10Days 9Nights - 10 days from 5580 USD
- Wilderness Disability Camping or Lodge Safariin Kenya 6 Days... - 5 days from 1500 USD
Email the tour operator - Bird watch at Lake Nakuru National Park and Game view at Maasai Mara 4 Days 3 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.