Game Viewing and Camping Expedition 3 Days 2 Nights
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 750 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/22/2010
This is a 3 day camping adventure safari whereby you
will be able to enjoy the best of Kenya's camping and Game viewing . You
will visit Lake Naivasha, which is a famous bird sanctuary and Hell's Gate
National Park. During your stay, you will travel alone with our tour
guide/driver who is very competent with the geology of the area, in a
private tour van and will spend the nights in tented camps.
Arrival - Nairobi - Lake Naivasha
Upon your arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be warmly received by our Tour Manager, who will brief you about your safari
before transferring you to your tour van and departing for Lake Naivasha. This is a one hour drive from Nairobi City, so you will arrive before lunch when you can take some photographs of birds and the lake. After lunch, you will have an afternoon boatride within the Lake region for a birding experience till evening.
Lake Naivasha is the highest and purest of all the Rift Valley Lakes at 1880 m above sea level. This area is a birdwatcher's paradise with over 450
species of recorded birds in the area. A small islet on the lake is home to a number of wildlife. visitors can enjoy a boat ride safari as they view
wildlife and birds from the tranquil lake. A private ranch (Kongoni Game Sanctuary) is located in the area which is home to lions, leopards, cheetah
and some translocated Grevy's zebras.
Lunch, dinner and overnight stay will be at Fisherman's Camp or similar
Lake Naivasha - Hell's Gate National Park
After an early morning gaming drive, you will have breakfast then depart
for Hell's Gate National Park arriving in time for a game viewing drive around the park. Break for lunch then continue with game viewing till evening when you will return to your camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Hell's Gate National Park provides a truly panoramic picnic site, camping stop over and is also an endless biodiversity which allows walking or
cycling without an official KWS escort. It has a spectacular scenery, despite its rather alarming name, including the towering cliffs, water
gouged gorges, stark rock towers, scrub-clad volcanoes and belching plumes of a natural geothermal steam. It is a relatively small park cleft deep in the floor of the Rift Valley. In the undulating grasslands, you can walk alongside herds of buffalo, zebra, giraffe, eland and hartebeest and
The park has a unique bird viewing hide which allows visitors to view and photograph the birds of prey at a close range. The hide is booked as a small fee via the warden of the park. The Fischer's Tower is a high jagged volcanic plug that remained of an ancient volcano and is named after the German explorer, Gustav Fischer. According to the local Maasai tradition, the rock is the petrified figure of a chief's daughter who turned around,
against the dictates of tradition to take one last look of her village before leaving to be married. The Ol Karia Geothermal Station also lies in this park, being one of the hottest sources of natural steam in the world with an underground water
temperature of 304oC.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at Fisherman's Camp or similar.
Hell's Gate National Park - Nairobi - Departure
After breakfast, you will enjoy walking around park to the scenic gorge, the Geothermal station, and the hotsprings. This park is also the only park where you can enjoy biking within the park. Afterwards, you will depart for Nairobi stopping over for late lunch at the carnivore restaurant. After lunch, you will be dropped off at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport on time for your departure flight to your next destination.
- Inclusions -
- Park entrance fees - Full board accommodation and meals while on safari - Service of an English speaking driver/guide - Transport based on a private tour van with pop up roof for game viewing - Driver allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Extras at the Tented Camps i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc. - International flight fees - Departure tax - Tips to porters and drivers - Items of personal nature e.g. toiletries
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Naivasha
- Kenya Wildlife Camping Adventure Safari 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 3400 USD
- Walking Safari through Kenya 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 1695 USD
- Kenya Agricultural tour and sightseeing trip 13Days 12 Nights - 13 days from 4980 USD
- Wildlife Safari 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 1400 USD
- Exciting Domestic Easter Holiday Camping Safari in Kenya 3 Days - 3 days from 300 USD
Email the tour operator - Game Viewing and Camping Expedition 3 Days 2 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.