Wildlife Adventure Safari in Kenya 7 Days 6 Nights
- Price from:
- 2050 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/26/2010
This is a 7 days adventurous road Lodge safari into some of the best wildlife sanctuaries in Kenya. Alternatively, this trip can also be done cheaply by camping in various game sanctuaries. Costs are as below. This trip will start in Nairobi City taking you through to the Great Rift Valley and into the famous Maasai Mara Game Reserve; afterwards depart to the extensive Sweetwaters Conservancy/ Ol Pejeta Conservancy and finally to the Aberdare National Park in Central Province. You will be able to see plenty of wildlife varying from Kenya's big five; the lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, and the leopard among a host of other different animal species. You will travel in a comfortable safari minibus and stay in mid-range lodges and tented camps while on this safari.
Nairobi - Maasai Mara Game Reserve
You will be met by the Tour Manager at your place of choice or at your residence, who will brief you on your safari before departing to the Maasai Mara Game Reserve through the Great Rift Valley. It takes about 5 hours by road so you will arrive in time for lunch at your lodge. After lunch, enjoy your first game viewing drive till evening.
The Maasai Mara, now the 7th wonder of the world and 4th most preferred tourist destination in the world is a home to wildlife in such abundance ad variety that it is difficult to imagine The annual migration of the wildebeest and the zebras starts from the Serengeti as they search for water and pasture while at the same time being followed on their heels by the predators of the savannah; Lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena, and vultures. It hosts over 450 species of animals which includes lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephants.
Dinner and overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge or Similar.
Maasai Mara Game Reserve (2 days)
Two full days will be spent game viewing across the rich tree stubbed grasslands and rolling hills. The Maasai Mara is renowned for its great herds of plain game, black manned lion, leopard and cheetah and every type of wildlife in Kenya. On one of these days, you will also have the option of taking a hot air balloon flight safari which is conducted every day before sunrise, at an extra cost.
Maasai Mara: The wildebeests are the most dominant inhabitants of the Maasai Mara. Their numbers are estimated in the millions. The great migration starts in July each year when well over one million wildebeest along with large numbers of Thompson's gazelles, zebra and other herbivores migrate from the Serengeti plains in Tanzania to fresh pastures in the north and then back south again in October.
All meals and overnight stay at Mara Sopa Lodge or similar.
Maasai Mara Game Reserve – Sweetwaters Conservancy
After breakfast depart the Maasai Mara for Sweetwaters Conservancy. En route you will pass through Naivasha Town and Nakuru Town where you will have a lunch stop over. If time allows, you will visit Nyahururu's Thompson Falls en route to Sweetwaters. Arrive at Sweetwaters in the evening where you will check in to your tented camp for rest, dinner and overnight stay.
Sweetwaters Tented Camp was built in the 1970s and lies in the heart of a privately owned piece of land, about 24,000 acres of Ol Pejeta - Sweetwaters Conservancy. It lies in the extensive savannah grasslands and riverine forests that border the Ewaso Nyiro River. Visitors are able to enjoy magnificent views across the game - studded plains to the snowcapped peaks of Mount Kenya. The Camp is a two and a half hour drive from Nairobi but alternatively, visitors who require taking a flight can opt for the Nanyuki airstrip, which is a one-hour drive away.
Dinner and overnight stay at Sweetwaters Tented Camp.
Sweetwaters Conservancy - Ol Pejeta Conservancy
After breakfast explore Sweetwaters Conservancy as you enjoy various activities on offer such as camel riding, visiting the chimps, or playing various games like tennis, badminton amongst others. Enjoy lunch at the renowned Rhino Restaurant and afterwards depart to Ol Pejeta region which was once a cattle ranch but now an important and largest breeding centre for black rhino. You will be able to enjoy game viewing drives, stopping over for picnic lunches en route. In the evening, return to Sweetwaters for overnight stay.
At Ol Pejeta, visitors can never run out of things to do. You can enjoy various activities such as lion tracking, visiting rescued chimpanzees, enjoy night game viewing drives under floodlight, guided bush walks, bird watching as well as camel riding amongst others. Cultural visits to the nearby pastoralists Manyattas can also be arranged.
Dinner and overnight stay at Sweetwaters Tented Camp.
Ol Pejeta Conservancy - Aberdare National Park
After breakfast, you will check out of your lodge and continue with your safari to the Aberdares via Nanyuki arriving in time for early lunch at the Ark. After lunch, relax at the balcony of the Ark as you view animals as they come to drink from the water hole. In the evening, have dinner by the floodlit water hole to view animals as they hunt and quench their thirst.
The Aberdare National Park is an isolated volcanic range that forms the eastern wall of the rift valley. It has diverse moorlands filled with deep ravines cutting through the forested eastern and western slopes, with many clear streams and waterfalls. It is also an important water catchment area, providing water to the Tana and Athi River. The Park is surrounded by an indigenous forest which houses the famous Kimathi Hideout/Mau Mau caves, which were used as a hide out for Mau Mau fighters. The park is also home to most large mammals such as the endangered black rhinos, blue Colobus Monkeys, lions, warthogs, giant forest hogs, buffalos, bushbucks, leopards, serval, different reptiles, a wide variety of insects and over 250 recorded bird species. It is a haven for walkers and lovers of solitude, as well as mountain climbers and hikers.
Dinner and overnight stay at Shimba Lodge.
Aberdare National Park - Nairobi
After your breakfast depart for a walk to explore the vast ecosystem within the park looking out for game, birds, icy rivers, waterfalls, rainforests and cool mountain streams. Return to The Ark for lunch then afterwards check out and depart for Nairobi in the afternoon. Arrive in Nairobi town in the evening and be dropped off at your place of choice or at your residence.
End of Safari.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary -Transport in a comfortable safari minibus -Services of an English speaking tour driver/guide -Game viewing drives and parks entrance fees as per itinerary -All Government taxes and levies
- Exclusions -
- Hot air balloon flight in the park- US$ 450 per person extra(Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking) -All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax / email bills etc. -Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide. -Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks -Laundry services -Personal Insurance
- Extras -
- Optional Balloon Flight
You can opt to carry out your game viewing activity on an adventurous and unforgettable balloon flight over the spectacular Mara at an extra cost. At that height, you can be able to view game from a bird’s eye view and also take pictures from that angle. This package includes a champagne drink in the wild.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Maasai Mara
- Amazing Air Balloon at Maasai Mara - from 345 USD
- Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3... - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Private Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National... - 4 days from 1400 USD
- Wildlife Wonder in Kenya 6 Days 5 Nights Safari - 6 days from 982 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara from Nairobi 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 1220 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1010 USD
- Spend 15 Days 14 Nights in Kenya Game and Bird watching Safari - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6 Days... - 6 days from 3500 USD
- Flying Safari from Mombasa to Maasai Mara Wildlife 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Maasai Mara Self drive Wildlife Migration Trail Safari 3 Days... - 3 days from 200 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Flying Private Safari 4 Days... - 4 days from 1680 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Private Road Safari 4 Days 3... - 4 days from 1560 USD
- Maasai Mara Wildlife Flying Safari from Mombasa 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4... - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Experience the wonder of Maasai Mara 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 1914 USD
- Road Safari in Kenya 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 995 USD
- Wildlife Safari in Kenya from Nairobi National Park 7 Days 6... - 7 days from 1096 USD
- Kenya Private couples only safari 7days 6nights - 7 days from 1950 USD
- Kenya Safari 14 days 13 nights - 14 days from 4480 USD
- Wildlife Trail and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Trail Road and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Excursion Victoria Style 2 Days 1 Night Safari - 2 days from 1400 USD
- Family budget Camping and Beach Holiday Safari in Kenya 10... - 10 days from 2850 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Disability(wheelchair) Wildlife... - 4 days from 1700 USD
- Kenya Wildlife Disability(Wheelchair) Safari 14 Days 13 Nights - 14 days from 7240 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6... - 6 days from 3 USD
- Allure of the Wild 3Days 2 Nights Maasai Mara - 3 days from 440 EUR
- Adventures of the wild - Maasai Mara, Lake Nakuru, Aberdares... - 7 days from 1762 USD
- Kenya’s Game Safari 15 Days 14 Nights - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park Safari 5Days 4Nights - 5 days from 1850 USD
- Maasai Mara (Under Canvas)Flying Package 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1200 USD
- Masai Mara (Under Canvas) Flying Package 3 Days 2 Nights, - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Maasai Mara Camping (Under Canvas) Flying Package from... - 2 days from 1200 USD
Email the tour operator - Wildlife Adventure Safari in Kenya 7 Days 6 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.