Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3 Days 2 Nights
- Price from:
- 1040 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/28/2010
This safari will take you through the Great Rift Valley, the only earth feature observable from space. You will be able to see plenty of wildlife varying from Kenya's Big five, the lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and the cheetah among a host of other different animal species. You will travel in your own vehicle and stay at the tented camps and guest house during this safari.
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will meet our tour manager and your guide who will brief you on your safari before you depart for Maasai Mara game reserve, which is commonly known for the 'big five'. It takes about five hours to get there via Narok the only Maasai town. Arrive in time for lunch, then afternoon game viewing drive.
The Maasai Mara, now The New 7the wonder of the world and 4th preferred tourist destination in the world is a home to wildlife in such abundance and variety that it is difficult to imagine. The most spectacular event of the natural world takes place here; The annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti (Tanzania) in search of water and pasture while being followed on their heels by the predators of the savanna; lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures.
It hosts over 450 species of animals which include lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, warthogs, hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephants.
Dinner and overnight at Big time tented camp.
Pre Breakfast game drive. After breakfast check out and have an en-route game drive as you drive into the Great Rift Valley. Arrive in Nakuru National Park in time for lunch. After lunch proceed for an afternoon game drive in the park, which has some rare animals like white rhinos and Rothschild giraffes.
Lake Nakuru National Park
Located 160km Northwest of Nairobi, is home to millions of fuchsia pink flamingoes, the fish eating pelicans as well as over 450 other species of birds. It is also a good location for game viewing, including the black rhino, the lion, and the waterbuck as well as other antelopes. It is one of the best places to see the leopard as well as the endangered Rothschild Giraffes. The national park was gazzeted to protect the flamingoes and also provide sanctuary to endangered species like the rhino. Although the main attraction to the park is the pink flamingos, a visitor will also get to see plenty of giraffes, waterbucks and other game.
Dinner and overnight at lake Guest House.
5th July,2009: Nakuru / Nairobi
Pre-breakfast morning game drive, and then proceed to the lake where you have the chance to see the thousands of flamingos and many more species of birds. Then proceed to Nairobi, drop off at the airport for your next destination.
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Park entry fee - Accommodation and all meals in Lake Nakuru & Maasai Mara - Service of an English-speaking driver guide - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Hot air Balloon flight in Maasai Mara - US$ 425 per person extra (Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking.) - Tips to driver guides and porter. - Extras at the lodges - tips, drinks, telephone, laundry etc - Items of personal expenses.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Maasai Mara
- Amazing Air Balloon at Maasai Mara - from 345 USD
- Private Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National... - 4 days from 1400 USD
- Wildlife Wonder in Kenya 6 Days 5 Nights Safari - 6 days from 982 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara from Nairobi 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 1220 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1010 USD
- Spend 15 Days 14 Nights in Kenya Game and Bird watching Safari - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6 Days... - 6 days from 3500 USD
- Flying Safari from Mombasa to Maasai Mara Wildlife 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Wildlife Adventure Safari in Kenya 7 Days 6 Nights - 7 days from 2050 USD
- Maasai Mara Self drive Wildlife Migration Trail Safari 3 Days... - 3 days from 200 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Flying Private Safari 4 Days... - 4 days from 1680 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Private Road Safari 4 Days 3... - 4 days from 1560 USD
- Maasai Mara Wildlife Flying Safari from Mombasa 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4... - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Experience the wonder of Maasai Mara 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 1914 USD
- Road Safari in Kenya 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 995 USD
- Wildlife Safari in Kenya from Nairobi National Park 7 Days 6... - 7 days from 1096 USD
- Kenya Private couples only safari 7days 6nights - 7 days from 1950 USD
- Kenya Safari 14 days 13 nights - 14 days from 4480 USD
- Wildlife Trail and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Trail Road and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Excursion Victoria Style 2 Days 1 Night Safari - 2 days from 1400 USD
- Family budget Camping and Beach Holiday Safari in Kenya 10... - 10 days from 2850 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Disability(wheelchair) Wildlife... - 4 days from 1700 USD
- Kenya Wildlife Disability(Wheelchair) Safari 14 Days 13 Nights - 14 days from 7240 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6... - 6 days from 3 USD
- Allure of the Wild 3Days 2 Nights Maasai Mara - 3 days from 440 EUR
- Adventures of the wild - Maasai Mara, Lake Nakuru, Aberdares... - 7 days from 1762 USD
- Kenya’s Game Safari 15 Days 14 Nights - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park Safari 5Days 4Nights - 5 days from 1850 USD
- Maasai Mara (Under Canvas)Flying Package 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1200 USD
- Masai Mara (Under Canvas) Flying Package 3 Days 2 Nights, - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Maasai Mara Camping (Under Canvas) Flying Package from... - 2 days from 1200 USD
Email the tour operator - Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3 Days 2 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.