Road Safari in Kenya 5 Days 4 Nights
- Price from:
- 995 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/22/2010
This is an exciting 5 days road safari which takes you to some of the best of Kenya's Game viewing destinations. You will visit the famous Maasai Mara Game Reserve, which is also the 7th wonder of the modern world; and Amboseli National Park, famous for its large elephant herds. During your stay, you will travel with our tour guide/driver in a comfortable safari minibus and spend the nights in camps or mid-range lodges.
Arrival - Nairobi - Maasai Mara
Upon your arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by our Tour Manager who will brief you on your safari and escort you to your safari vehicle for departure to the famous Maasai Mara National Reserve. You will arrive on time for check in
at your camp, Lunch and then depart for an afternoon game viewing drive till evening.
The Maasai Mara National Reserve, now the New 7th wonder of the world and 4th most preferred tourist destination in the world is a home to wildlife in such abundance and variety that it is difficult to imagine. The most spectacular event of the natural world takes place here; The annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti (Tanzania) in search of water and pasture while being followed by the predators of the savanna; lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vulture. It hosts over 450 species of animals which include lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, warthogs, hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephants.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at Big Time camp/Mara Sopa Lodge or similar
24th June 2009: Maasai Mara (Full day)
You will spend the full day game viewing, which includes going up to the Mara River where the migration of wildebeests and zebras takes place annually from Serengeti, popularly known as the Great Annual Migration. You will have a picnic lunch and enjoy regular game viewing drives. You will also have the option of taking a pre-breakfast balloon flight safari, at an extra cost.
In November 2006 the Maasai Mara was named as the New 7th wonder of the world because of what experts termed as "the uniqueness of the area and the preservation it provides to so many species living in harmony". It is understandable because this annual migration is the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth.
All meals and overnight stay will be at Big Time camp/Mara Sopa Lodge or similar
Maasai Mara - Nairobi - Amboseli National Park
After an early morning pre breakfast game viewing drive, you will return to the camp for breakfast, and thereafter depart the reserve for Amboseli National park via Nairobi with a lunch stop over at the famous Carnivore restaurant, arriving at Amboseli in the evening.
Amboseli is famous for its huge elephant herds. Africa's highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro sits in the upper slopes of Amboseli national park. Mt Kilimanjaro's snow white peaks lie across the border of Tanzania. Seeing Kilimanjaro hovering above the clouds in the early hours of the morning is quite an experience. For an enthusiastic photographer, taking pictures arising against the dramatic backdrop of the mountain is quite a thrill. Apart from the elephants, buffalos, black rhino and other plain animals are in plenty.
Dinner and overnight stay at the KWS Bandas/Amboseli Sopa Lodge or similar
Amboseli National Park (Full day)
You will spend the day exploring the vast lands within the park and looking out for different species of wildlife such as hippos, zebras, wildebeest, impalas as well as more than 400 recorded species of birds such as the kingfishers, the long-necked Africa's Darter, Egyptian geese and a variety of ducks. Other reptiles that inhibit this are include monitor lizards, chameleons, the Egyptian cobra, python, puff adder and black mamba.
Amboseli lies North West of Mt. Kilimanjaro, on the border with Tanzania. Large concentrations of wildlife occur here in the dry season, making Amboseli a popular touristic destination. The Park embodies five main wildlife habitats which include the open plains, acacia woodland, rocky thorn bush land, swamps and marshland. There is also a temporary lake, Lake Amboseli, that floods during years of heavy rainfall. The Amboseli is famous for its big game and its great scenic beauty. The landscape is dominated by Mount Kilimanjaro and massive numbers of elephants, approximately one thousand elephants. Also, its snowcapped summit dominates the landscape and on a clear day it is easily visible during early mornings and the late afternoons. This makes it a perfect spot for photograph taking.
All meals and overnight stay at the KWS Bandas/Amboseli Sopa Lodge or similar
Amboseli National Park - Nairobi - Departure
An early pre breakfast game viewing drive will be followed by breakfast. After breakfast, you will be checked out from your lodge and depart for Nairobi with packed lunch being served en route. You will arrive in the afternoon and be dropped off by our tour guide at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your connecting flight to your next destination.
End of safari.
- Inclusions -
- All park entrance fees - Full board accommodation while on this safari - Service of an English speaking driver/guide - Transport based on a safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Driver allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Hot air Balloon flight in Maasai Mara - US$ 450 per person extra (Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking.) - Extras at the lodges and camps i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc - Personal Insurance - International flight fees - Departure tax - Tips to porters and drivers
- Extras -
- Optional Balloon Flight
You can opt to carry out your game viewing activity on an adventurous balloon flight over the spectacular Mara at an extra cost. This package includes a bush breakfast in the wild!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Maasai Mara
- Amazing Air Balloon at Maasai Mara - from 345 USD
- Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3... - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Private Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National... - 4 days from 1400 USD
- Wildlife Wonder in Kenya 6 Days 5 Nights Safari - 6 days from 982 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara from Nairobi 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 1220 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1010 USD
- Spend 15 Days 14 Nights in Kenya Game and Bird watching Safari - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6 Days... - 6 days from 3500 USD
- Flying Safari from Mombasa to Maasai Mara Wildlife 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Wildlife Adventure Safari in Kenya 7 Days 6 Nights - 7 days from 2050 USD
- Maasai Mara Self drive Wildlife Migration Trail Safari 3 Days... - 3 days from 200 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Flying Private Safari 4 Days... - 4 days from 1680 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Private Road Safari 4 Days 3... - 4 days from 1560 USD
- Maasai Mara Wildlife Flying Safari from Mombasa 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4... - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Experience the wonder of Maasai Mara 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 1914 USD
- Wildlife Safari in Kenya from Nairobi National Park 7 Days 6... - 7 days from 1096 USD
- Kenya Private couples only safari 7days 6nights - 7 days from 1950 USD
- Kenya Safari 14 days 13 nights - 14 days from 4480 USD
- Wildlife Trail and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Trail Road and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Excursion Victoria Style 2 Days 1 Night Safari - 2 days from 1400 USD
- Family budget Camping and Beach Holiday Safari in Kenya 10... - 10 days from 2850 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Disability(wheelchair) Wildlife... - 4 days from 1700 USD
- Kenya Wildlife Disability(Wheelchair) Safari 14 Days 13 Nights - 14 days from 7240 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6... - 6 days from 3 USD
- Allure of the Wild 3Days 2 Nights Maasai Mara - 3 days from 440 EUR
- Adventures of the wild - Maasai Mara, Lake Nakuru, Aberdares... - 7 days from 1762 USD
- Kenya’s Game Safari 15 Days 14 Nights - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park Safari 5Days 4Nights - 5 days from 1850 USD
- Maasai Mara (Under Canvas)Flying Package 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1200 USD
- Masai Mara (Under Canvas) Flying Package 3 Days 2 Nights, - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Maasai Mara Camping (Under Canvas) Flying Package from... - 2 days from 1200 USD
Email the tour operator - Road Safari in Kenya 5 Days 4 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.