Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4 Nights
- Price from:
- 1000 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/22/2010
This is a 5 days camping safari starting from Kisumu city to the Maasai Mara and end in Kisumu City. This safari takes you from Kisumu to Maasai Mara through the Kericho tea zones into Narok. While at Maasai Mara, you may be able to see plenty of wildlife varying from Kenya's Big five, the lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and the leopard among a host of other different animal species such as zebra, warthogs, giraffe, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena, vulture amongst others. You will travel in a comfortable tour mini bus and stay in a tented camp while on this safari. Enjoy!
Kisumu City - Maasai Mara
On this morning at Kisumu city, you will be warmly received by our Tour Manager who will brief you on your safari before departing for Maasai Mara through Kericho, Sotik, Mulot and into Maasai Mara. You will arrive in time for lunch. After lunch, enjoy your first afternoon half day game viewing drive till evening.
The Maasai Mara is the New 7th Wonder of the world and the 4th most preferred tourist destination in the whole world. In November 2006 the Masai Mara was named as the New 7th wonder of the world because of what experts termed as "the uniqueness of the area and the preservation it provides to so many species living in harmony". It is understandable because this annual migration is the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth.
Lunch, dinner and overnight stay at Big time camp or similar.
Maasai Mara (3 days)
You will spend these exciting days game viewing, which includes going around the Maasai Mara where the immigration of wildebeests and zebras crossing takes place annually from Serengeti, popularly known as the Great Annual Migration. You will enjoy picnic lunches and may also visit local maasai villages for a familiarization trip where you will learn about their culture, how they co-exist with wild animals and their love for cattle. On one of these days, you will also have the option of taking a hot air balloon flight safari at an extra cost early in the morning between 5.00am and 7.00am.
The Masai people are so significant due to their culture. Starting from their dress code, the color red is so significant in that they scare away wild animals as they co-exist with them. They believe that God, Enkai, gave them cattle, therefore they believe that all the cattle belongs to them. That's the reason why they have been known due to their cattle rustling. Although the Maasai are known for their nomadic life and cattle keeping, they is a group of agricultural Maasai, known as IL Loikop, are look down upon by the cattle keeping group, the Wakwavi since they believe they are the true Maasais created to keep cattle.
All meals and overnight stay at Big time camp or similar.
Maasai Mara - Kisumu City - Departure
After breakfast depart for Kisumu by road from the Maasai Mara arriving in time for lunch at your residence.
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a comfortable tour minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Park entry fee @ US$ 80 per person per day( includes US$ 20 conservation fee) - All accommodation and 3 Meals Plan during your safari - Service of an English-speaking driver/guide - Game drives as per the itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Hot air Balloon flight in Masai Mara - US$ 450 per person extra (Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking.) - Tips to driver guides and porters - Extras at the lodges - tips, drinks, telephone, laundry etc - Items of personal nature - Personal accident insurance - International flight and visas
- Extras -
- Optional Maasai Mara Balloon Flight
Take the opportunity to fly over the Mara in a Hot air Balloon provided at an extra cost. The balloon package includes a champagne breakfast in the wild! If you can spare the money, viewing abundant game and taking photographs afloat a balloon is an unforgettable experience.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Maasai Mara
- Amazing Air Balloon at Maasai Mara - from 345 USD
- Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3... - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Private Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National... - 4 days from 1400 USD
- Wildlife Wonder in Kenya 6 Days 5 Nights Safari - 6 days from 982 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara from Nairobi 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 1220 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1010 USD
- Spend 15 Days 14 Nights in Kenya Game and Bird watching Safari - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6 Days... - 6 days from 3500 USD
- Flying Safari from Mombasa to Maasai Mara Wildlife 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Wildlife Adventure Safari in Kenya 7 Days 6 Nights - 7 days from 2050 USD
- Maasai Mara Self drive Wildlife Migration Trail Safari 3 Days... - 3 days from 200 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Flying Private Safari 4 Days... - 4 days from 1680 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Private Road Safari 4 Days 3... - 4 days from 1560 USD
- Maasai Mara Wildlife Flying Safari from Mombasa 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Experience the wonder of Maasai Mara 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 1914 USD
- Road Safari in Kenya 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 995 USD
- Wildlife Safari in Kenya from Nairobi National Park 7 Days 6... - 7 days from 1096 USD
- Kenya Private couples only safari 7days 6nights - 7 days from 1950 USD
- Kenya Safari 14 days 13 nights - 14 days from 4480 USD
- Wildlife Trail and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Trail Road and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Excursion Victoria Style 2 Days 1 Night Safari - 2 days from 1400 USD
- Family budget Camping and Beach Holiday Safari in Kenya 10... - 10 days from 2850 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Disability(wheelchair) Wildlife... - 4 days from 1700 USD
- Kenya Wildlife Disability(Wheelchair) Safari 14 Days 13 Nights - 14 days from 7240 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6... - 6 days from 3 USD
- Allure of the Wild 3Days 2 Nights Maasai Mara - 3 days from 440 EUR
- Adventures of the wild - Maasai Mara, Lake Nakuru, Aberdares... - 7 days from 1762 USD
- Kenya’s Game Safari 15 Days 14 Nights - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park Safari 5Days 4Nights - 5 days from 1850 USD
- Maasai Mara (Under Canvas)Flying Package 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1200 USD
- Masai Mara (Under Canvas) Flying Package 3 Days 2 Nights, - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Maasai Mara Camping (Under Canvas) Flying Package from... - 2 days from 1200 USD
Email the tour operator - Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.