Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Flying Private Safari 4 Days 3 Nights
- Price from:
- 1680 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/22/2010
This is a four days safari which starts from Nairobi's Wilson Airport and flies you over Nairobi onwards to the Great Rift Valley where you will have a spectacular view of the only earth feature that can
be seen while in space - The Rift Valley. You will then land in the famous Maasai Mara and check into the Luxurious Serena Mara Safari Lodge or Sarova Mara Lodge and for the next three days enjoy wildlife viewing in the famous and game studded Maasai Mara in utmost luxury. You will be able to see plenty of wildlife varying from Kenya's Big five, the lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and the cheetah among a host of other different animal species.You will be using our private 4x4 Land Cruiser at the Maasai Mara while you stay at a top luxurious lodge.
Arrival -Nairobi City
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport from United Arab Emirates, you will be met by our tour manager who will brief you on your safari before transferring you to your hotel for dinner and overnight.(We assume that you arrive in the afternoon).
Dinner and Overnight at Serena Hotel in Nairobi.
Nairobi - Maasai Mara
After breakfast at 8.00 am, you will be transferred to the Wilson airport for your flight to Maasai Mara departing at 10.15 am. You will then arrive at Maasai Mara airstrip after one hour where you will be picked up by our tour guide from the airstrip to the lodge. After Lunch, you will have an afternoon game viewing drive till dusk.
In November 2006, the Maasai Mara was named as the New 7th wonder of the world because of what experts termed as "the uniqueness of the area and the preservation it provides to so many species living in harmony." It is understandable because this annual migration is the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth. The Maasai Mara National Reserve is 270 km from Nairobi, a five hour drive or 45 min by air. For a full package of scenery, game and the ultimate bush experience, the Mara is the place to be. The National Reserve was the shooting location for the film Out of Africa and remains the location for the British Broadcasting Corporation's big cat wildlife series. The resting place of the big five, the reserve's major attraction is the great wildebeests and zebras migration from the Serengeti in Tanzania to the Mara. This annual event happens between July and September and is the greatest show on earth. These animals cross over to Kenya through the Mara River. You are bound to see the pretentious crocodiles lazing away under the water only to dramatically break out of their sleep and snap up the migrating wildebeests and zebra.
Lunch, Dinner and Overnight at Serena Mara Safari Lodge.
Pre-breakfast morning game drive which gives you the chance to see animals hunting, thereafter back to the lodge for lunch.
Afternoon you can go for game drive or relax by the pool or visit the Maasai villages.
The Masai as a tribe are so significant due to their culture. Starting from their dress code, the color red is so significant in that they scare away wild animals as they co-exist with them. They believe that God, Enkai, gave them cattle, therefore they believe that all the cattle belongs to them. That's the reason why they have been known due to their cattle rustling. Although the Maasai are known for their nomadic life and cattle keeping, they is a group of agricultural Maasai, known as ILLoikop, are look down upon by the cattle keeping group, the Wakwavi since they believe they are the true Maasais' created to keep cattle.
A Maasai Homestead (enkang popularly known as the Manyattas) is made from cow dung and wooden sticks from the leleshwa plant.Women are the ones responsible for putting up these magnificent homes. However, a homestead contains several Maasai houses which are surrounded by a fence made also by branches of the leleshwa plant where the herds of goats and cows are confined in during the night hours. There are other Manyattas made far away in the wilderness during their Morans as they prepare their headset, the motonyik, before they return home.
Lunch, Dinner and Overnight at Serena Mara Safari Lodge.
Maasai Mara -Nairobi - Departure
Pre-breakfast game view drive. After breakfast your flight back to Nairobi. Arriving in Nairobi at 12.00 noon and enjoy a complimentary lunch at the famous Carnivore Restaurant. Afterwards transfer to the airport for your connecting flight to your next
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a 4x4 safari vehicle at the Maasai Mara with pop up roof for game viewing Park entry fee, Local Airfares, Accommodation and all meals, Service of an English-speaking driver guide, Game drives as per the Itinerary, Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Hot air Balloon flight in Maasai Mara - US$ 450 per person extra(Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking),Tips to driver guides and porter, Extras at the lodges - tips, drinks, telephone, laundry etc, Items of personal expenses.
- Extras -
- Optional Balloon Flight
Take the opportunity to fly over the Mara in a Hot air Balloon provided at an extra cost. The balloon package includes a champagne breakfast in the wild! If you can spare the money, viewing abundant game afloat a balloon is an unforgettable experience.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Maasai Mara
- Amazing Air Balloon at Maasai Mara - from 345 USD
- Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3... - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Private Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National... - 4 days from 1400 USD
- Wildlife Wonder in Kenya 6 Days 5 Nights Safari - 6 days from 982 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara from Nairobi 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 1220 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1010 USD
- Spend 15 Days 14 Nights in Kenya Game and Bird watching Safari - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6 Days... - 6 days from 3500 USD
- Flying Safari from Mombasa to Maasai Mara Wildlife 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Wildlife Adventure Safari in Kenya 7 Days 6 Nights - 7 days from 2050 USD
- Maasai Mara Self drive Wildlife Migration Trail Safari 3 Days... - 3 days from 200 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Private Road Safari 4 Days 3... - 4 days from 1560 USD
- Maasai Mara Wildlife Flying Safari from Mombasa 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4... - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Experience the wonder of Maasai Mara 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 1914 USD
- Road Safari in Kenya 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 995 USD
- Wildlife Safari in Kenya from Nairobi National Park 7 Days 6... - 7 days from 1096 USD
- Kenya Private couples only safari 7days 6nights - 7 days from 1950 USD
- Kenya Safari 14 days 13 nights - 14 days from 4480 USD
- Wildlife Trail and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Trail Road and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Excursion Victoria Style 2 Days 1 Night Safari - 2 days from 1400 USD
- Family budget Camping and Beach Holiday Safari in Kenya 10... - 10 days from 2850 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Disability(wheelchair) Wildlife... - 4 days from 1700 USD
- Kenya Wildlife Disability(Wheelchair) Safari 14 Days 13 Nights - 14 days from 7240 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6... - 6 days from 3 USD
- Allure of the Wild 3Days 2 Nights Maasai Mara - 3 days from 440 EUR
- Adventures of the wild - Maasai Mara, Lake Nakuru, Aberdares... - 7 days from 1762 USD
- Kenya’s Game Safari 15 Days 14 Nights - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park Safari 5Days 4Nights - 5 days from 1850 USD
- Maasai Mara (Under Canvas)Flying Package 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1200 USD
- Masai Mara (Under Canvas) Flying Package 3 Days 2 Nights, - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Maasai Mara Camping (Under Canvas) Flying Package from... - 2 days from 1200 USD
Email the tour operator - Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Flying Private Safari 4 Days 3 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.