Family budget Camping and Beach Holiday Safari in Kenya 10 days 9 nights
- Price from:
- 2850 USD /person
- +254 20 2212535
- +254 20 2212536
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/14/2010
This is a ten days budget camping road safari that will start in Nairobi and end in Nairobi, taking you to some of the best destinations in Kenya. You will visit Samburu National Reserve, a unique reserve with wildlife species rarely found anywhere else such as the Reticulated Giraffe; Lake Nakuru National park, Kenya's captivating flamingo sanctuaries; the Maasai Mara, Africa's greatest wildlife reserve and the 7th wonder of the world; Amboseli National Park; then proceed to Mombasa for your beach holiday for two days. You will travel in a 4x4 private tour minibus van and spend the nights in tented camps or campsites.
Arrival - Nairobi - Samburu National Reserve
Upon your arrival at the Jomo kenyatta international airport in Nairobi, you will be welcomed by our tour manager who will brief you on your safari. Thereafter you will depart immediately for Samburu National Park. You will stop over for lunch at Nanyuki Town then afterwards proceed arriving in the evening in time for a game viewing drive.
The Samburu People are semi-nomadic pastoralists with amazing cultures; their dressing to start with is fascinating, they dress in very traditional clothing of bright red material used as skirts and multi-beaded necklaces, bracelets and earring. Following closely is their special relationship with cattle, sheep, camels and goats thus milk is their staple food. At times they mix it with blood. Meat is only eaten on special occasions. The Samburu, whose language is also called Samburu, are known to make soups from roots and barks and eat vegetables if they grow within their vicinity.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at Samburu campsite or a similar campsite
Samburu National Reserve
You will enjoy a full day in the park with morning and afternoon game viewing drives. You will spend the whole day exploring the slopes of Samburu. An optional visit to Samburu villages can be arranged with the guide.
In addition to Kamunyak, the renowned lioness famous for adopting oryx calves, the Samburu National Park boasts of some several species of animals which are considered unique to the region, including its unique dry-country animal life. All three big cats, Lion, Cheetah and Leopard can be found here, as well as Elephants, Buffalos and Hippos. Other mammals frequently seen in the park include Gerenuk, Grant's gazelle, Kirk's Dik-dik, Impala, Waterbuck, Grevy's Zebra, Beisa Oryx and Reticulated Giraffe. Rhinos are no longer present in the park due to heavy poaching. There are over 350 species of birds which include Somali Ostrich, Kingfisher, Sunbird, Bee-eater, Marabou Stork, Tawny Eagle, Bateleur, Guinea fowl and Vultures. The Ewaso Nyiro River contains large numbers of the Nile crocodile.
Dinner and overnight will be at Samburu Campsite or a similar campsite
Samburu National Reserve - Lake Nakuru National Park
After an early breakfast you will depart Samburu National Reserve for Lake Nakuru National Park where you will enjoy morning and afternoon game drives. You will enjoy bird watching and will also find visiting the black rhino sanctuary a great fascination. You will carry packed lunch and after another game viewing drive around the park, check in to your camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Millions of fuchsia pink flamingoes dominate Lake Nakuru National Park, as well as the fish eating pelicans and over 450 other species of birds. The lake is renowned as the most extraordinary bird spectacle in the world. Thousands of both little grebes and white winged black terns are frequently seen as well as avocets, ducks, stilts and the migrant waders. However visitors to the Lake Nakuru may also catch a glimpse of Thomson gazelles, impala, waterbucks, giraffes, buffaloes or even black rhino. Lake Nakuru National Park is a park that consists of various habitats such as the dying out euphorbia forest or the yellow barked habitat.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at Lake Nakuru Guest House or similar
Lake Nakuru National Park - Maasai Mara
You will enjoy a pre-breakfast morning game drive after which you will return to the house for breakfast. You will then depart Lake Nakuru for the Maasai Mara with packed lunch being served along the way. You will arrive in the afternoon and proceed for a game viewing drive till evening.
The Mara reserve is quite a place to be, as it offers an out of the ordinary adventure, from the crafty hyenas, which may be heard laughing at night, to the variety of wildlife species in this diverse fauna. There is also an abundance of crocodiles and hippos in the Mara River. The banks of the rivers are covered in thick forest which gradually makes way for bush and grassland thus the excellent availability of food for the diverse wildlife.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at Big Time camp or similar
You will spend a full day viewing and exploring the magnificent and scenic game reserve, where you may have the chance to see all the big five in addition to the numerous bird life found in the reserve. You will then stop for an early picnic lunch at the Mara River then proceed with the drive till dusk. Alternatively, you may take a nature walk in the surrounding hills accompanied by a Maasai Moran in the afternoon.
The Maasai Mara, now the 7th wonder of the world and 4th most preferred tourist destination in the world is a home to wildlife in such abundance ad variety that it is difficult to imagine The annual migration of the wildebeest and the zebras starts from the Serengeti as they search for water and pasture while at the same time being followed on their heels by the predators of the savannah; Lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena, and vultures. It hosts over 450 species of animals which includes lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephants.
Dinner and overnight will be at Big time or a similar camp
An early pre-breakfast game drive or an optional balloon flight safari (at an extra cost) will be followed by breakfast then a morning game viewing drive within the reserve with packed lunch being served during the day. After lunch, you will go for a visit to the Maasai villages for a while, where you will be able to see and learn their various cultures and their special relationship with wildlife at the Mara and how they co-exist. After the visit you will go for a late afternoon game drive till evening.
The Maasai are a semi-nomadic cattle rearing community with a fascinating culture. They regard themselves not just as residents of this area but that they are as much a part of the life of the land as the land is part of their lives. Being nomads, their life-style depends entirely on cattle thus their special relationship with cattle. Traditionally, the Maasai rarely hunt and living alongside wildlife in harmony is an important part of their beliefs. Lions and Wildebeest play an important role in their cultural beliefs as their own herds of cattle. This unique co-existence of man and wildlife makes the Maasai land one of the world's most unique wilderness regions that is worth visiting.
Dinner and overnight will be at Big Time Camp or similar
Maasai Mara - Nairobi - Amboseli National Park
You will depart after an early breakfast for your next destination, which is Amboseli National Park. You will stop over for lunch at a Nairobi City Restaurant before proceeding with your safari, arriving in the late afternoon. You will be checked in to your camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Amboseli lies North West of Mt. Kilimanjaro, on the border with Tanzania. Large concentrations of wildlife occur here in the dry season, making Amboseli a popular touristic destination. The Park embodies five main wildlife habitats which include the open plains, acacia woodland, rocky thorn bush land, swamps and marshland. There is also a temporary lake, Lake Amboseli, that floods during times of heavy rainfall. The Amboseli is famous for its big game and its great scenic beauty. The landscape is dominated by Mount Kilimanjaro and massive numbers of elephants, approximately one thousand elephants. Also, its snowcapped summit dominates the landscape and on a clear day it is easily visible during early mornings and the late afternoons. This makes it a perfect spot for photograph taking.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at Kimana Camp or similar
Amboseli National Park - Mombasa Beach
You will enjoy a pre breakfast game viewing drive, after breakfast depart for Mombasa for a beach holiday with a game viewing drive and packed lunch being served en route. You will arrive in the evening in time for check in and dinner at your beach resort.
Dinner and overnight stay will be at Indiana Beach Resort or similar
After breakfast these days are spent at leisure on this beautiful stretch of white sands. You can opt to visit Mombasa town as you explore some ancient historical sites such as Fort Jesus, at an extra cost. You can also spend the day visiting curio shops or taking a bicycle ride on the beach.
All meals and Overnight Stay at Indiana Beach Resort or similar
Mombasa Beach - Nairobi - Departure
After breakfast, you will spend the morning at leisure then check out of your resort at 11.00am and start the departure to Nairobi. You will stop over for lunch en route and then proceed arriving in the evening. You will be dropped off at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in time for your departure flight to your next destination.
End of Safari
- Inclusions -
- All park entrance fees - Full board accommodation on safari - Service of a English speaking driver/guide - Transport based on a safari minibus van with pop up roof for game viewing - Driver allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Balloon flight at Maasai Mara- US$ 450 per person extra (Cost is subject to confirmation at the time of booking) - Extras at the lodges i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc. - International flights - Departure tax - Tips to porters and drivers
- Extras -
- Child below 12 years pays 50% of adult cost
Optional Balloon Flight
You can opt to carry out your game viewing activity on an adventurous and unforgettable balloon flight over the spectacular Mara at an extra cost. The balloon flight gives you an extra ordinary experience as you can view game from a birds eye view. The extra cost includes a champagne drink or a bush breakfast in the wild!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Maasai Mara
- Amazing Air Balloon at Maasai Mara - from 345 USD
- Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park 3... - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Private Road Safari to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National... - 4 days from 1400 USD
- Wildlife Wonder in Kenya 6 Days 5 Nights Safari - 6 days from 982 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara from Nairobi 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 1220 USD
- Flying Package to Maasai Mara 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1010 USD
- Spend 15 Days 14 Nights in Kenya Game and Bird watching Safari - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6 Days... - 6 days from 3500 USD
- Flying Safari from Mombasa to Maasai Mara Wildlife 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Wildlife Adventure Safari in Kenya 7 Days 6 Nights - 7 days from 2050 USD
- Maasai Mara Self drive Wildlife Migration Trail Safari 3 Days... - 3 days from 200 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Flying Private Safari 4 Days... - 4 days from 1680 USD
- Maasai Mara Luxurious Wildlife Private Road Safari 4 Days 3... - 4 days from 1560 USD
- Maasai Mara Wildlife Flying Safari from Mombasa 3 Days 2... - 3 days from 1500 USD
- Maasai Mara Under Canvas Safari from Kisumu city 5 Days 4... - 5 days from 1000 USD
- Experience the wonder of Maasai Mara 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 1914 USD
- Road Safari in Kenya 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 995 USD
- Wildlife Safari in Kenya from Nairobi National Park 7 Days 6... - 7 days from 1096 USD
- Kenya Private couples only safari 7days 6nights - 7 days from 1950 USD
- Kenya Safari 14 days 13 nights - 14 days from 4480 USD
- Wildlife Trail and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Trail Road and Beach Adventure 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 2740 USD
- Wildlife Excursion Victoria Style 2 Days 1 Night Safari - 2 days from 1400 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Disability(wheelchair) Wildlife... - 4 days from 1700 USD
- Kenya Wildlife Disability(Wheelchair) Safari 14 Days 13 Nights - 14 days from 7240 USD
- Amboseli and Maasai Mara Wildlife Trail Flying Safari 6... - 6 days from 3 USD
- Allure of the Wild 3Days 2 Nights Maasai Mara - 3 days from 440 EUR
- Adventures of the wild - Maasai Mara, Lake Nakuru, Aberdares... - 7 days from 1762 USD
- Kenya’s Game Safari 15 Days 14 Nights - 15 days from 6604 USD
- Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru National Park Safari 5Days 4Nights - 5 days from 1850 USD
- Maasai Mara (Under Canvas)Flying Package 4 Days 3Nights - 4 days from 1200 USD
- Masai Mara (Under Canvas) Flying Package 3 Days 2 Nights, - 3 days from 1040 USD
- Maasai Mara Camping (Under Canvas) Flying Package from... - 2 days from 1200 USD
Email the tour operator - Family budget Camping and Beach Holiday Safari in Kenya 10 days 9 nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.