Lake Victoria Wildlife, Boating, Cultural and Kogelo Community Tour , 3 days
- Price from:
- 840 USD /person
- +254 20 2252015
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/17/2009
This is a three days trip that takes you to the community of Nyang'oma Kogelo village where the father of the USA president Barack Obama's father was born and bread. You will be able to visit the loca
On arrival at Kisumu International Airport, you will be met by our tour manager who will brief you on your Memorable Safari and community visit to Ndere Island inside lake victoria, Kit mikaye, Domonion Farm, Lake Victoria Beaches, Kogelo Village and lastly Mbita point and Ruma National Park before you are transferred to your hotel for check in. Depending on the time of arrival, if you arrive by the morning flight, you will be able to visit the Kogelo Community village, Dominion Farm,, Kit Mikaye, Lake victoria Beaches and Kisumu City tour during the day. If you arrive in the evening by evening flight, you will be able to start your trip the next day. For those who are traveling by road from Nairobi to Kisumu, you expect to arrive in the afternoon in Kisumu. You will therefore be able to start your trip the next morning.
Kogelo Village , also known as Nyang'oma Kogelo, is USA President Barck Obama's Africa home, a rural village in Alego - Siaya District, Nyanza Province, Kenya. It is located near the equator, 40 kilometers west-northwest of Kisumu City, the provincial capital.
All meals and overnight at your Kisumu city hotel. Alternatively, you may opt to stay in a posh homestead at Kamito on the shores of lake victoria.
Kisumu City - Kogelo village
You will depart Kisumu in the morning after breakfast at your residence and head through Kisumu Busia road. You will then reach Maseno University gates and proceed just 150 meters from the Maseno University gates to the Equator Line Point. After a photographic session on the Equator line, you will proceed to Luanda town then, you will divert to the left heading straight to Ngiya market. If you arrive on a Tuesday, then you will be lucky to have a glimpse of the market day at Ngiya. You then proceed and divert onto the left just before you reach Mbeji Academy onto the Murram road.
You will then take about 15 minutes before you arrive at the Kogelo Dispensary on your right. After a visit of the dispensary proceed to the Kogelo market, Kogelo primary school and Senator Barack Obama Secondary School. You will then enter Granny Sarah Obama's home behind the secondary school. Kogelo is the ancestral home of Barack Obama Snr., the father of current United States President Barack Obama. Barack Obama Snr. was buried in the home. Some of their family members, including his paternal grandmother of USA president; Sarah Anyango Obama, still live in the home.In the home, Sarah Obama's home; you will find both the grave sites for Barack Obama Sr. and his father's. You will also find in the homestead, Sarah's house, the security tents, visit the vegetable garden, the cattle Boma and sit under the big mango trees where Sarah usually have interviews with visitors.
After the visit, you will proceed to Siaya town and onto Yala Swamp - Dominion Farm before you cross the River Yala and onto Bondo district and then back to Kisumu city via Kit Mikaye for dinner and overnight at a posh homestead at kamito on the shores of lake victoria. Lunch will be served en route. You will be entertained by Luo traditional dancers, Luo cultural music and boat rides on the Lake victoria.
Dinner and overnight at a homestead in Kamito Village on the shore of Lake victoria.
Kamito - Mbita point - Ruma National park - Kisumu City
After breakfast, depart for the Lwanda Kotieno Ferry and then onto Mbita point and then to Ruma National park. Lunch will be served at the Park. In the after noon, return back to Kisumu city arriving ready for dinner and overnight at your hotel.
- Inclusions -
- Road transport using Mini tour van with pop-up roof for viewing and photography
- Exclusions -
- Items of personal expenses
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kisumu
- Boating Excursion inside Lake Victoria 4 Hrs - from 130 USD
- Charity tour at kogelo Village , One full day - from 270 USD
- Cultural safari to Maasai Mara Wildebeest Migration 11Days... - 11 days from 2480 USD
- Hiking in Mt Elgon from Kenya 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 780 USD
- Luo cultural tour, 7 days/6 nights - 7 days from 1750 USD
- Gulf Of Lake Victoria Safaris and Kogelo Village visit , 8... - 8 days from 2480 USD
- Lake Victoria and Kogelo Luo Cultural Tour 3 Days - 3 days from 480 USD
Email the tour operator - Lake Victoria Wildlife, Boating, Cultural and Kogelo Community Tour , 3 days
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.