Lake Victoria and Kogelo Luo Cultural Tour 3 Days
- Price from:
- 480 USD /person
- +254 20 2252015
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Kisumu City
- Location Finish:
- Kisumu City
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 08/10/2009
Ndere Island National Park inside lake Victoria, Kit Mikaye, Dominion Farm, Lake Victoria Beaches, Kogelo Village and lastly Mbita point and Ruma National Park.
Arrival : Kisumu City : Kogelo Village
On arrival at Kisumu International Airport, you will be met by our tour manager who will brief you on your memorable safari and community visit to Ndere Island inside Lake Victoria, Kit Mikaye, Dominion Farm, Lake Victoria Beaches, Kogelo Village and lastly Mbita Point and Ruma National Park before you are transferred to your hotel for check in.After check in and refreshments you will depart to visit the Kit Mikaye, where you will be told of the Luo folklore then drive to Kaloka Beach where you will chat with the local fishermen before boarding a boat to Ndere Island National Park for game viewing on this island inside Lake Victoria. After the island visit we will disembark to Kisumu City for lunch at your hotel. After Lunch we will depart for Kogelo Community village; this is the Africa home of USA President : Barack Obama.
Kisumu City - Mbita Point : Ruma National Park : Mbita Point
After an early breakfast, depart for the Lwanda Kotieno through Ndori and Aram markets and then onto the Ferry to Mbita point. You will check in at the Lake Victoria Safari Village and then drive to Ruma National Park. Packed Lunch will be served inside the Park. In the afternoon, return to Mbita Point back to Lake Victoria Safari Village arriving in time for dinner and overnight. Time allowing, you will have a boat ride to Mfangano and Takawiri Islands in the vicinity.
Dinner and overnight at Lake Victoria Safari Village on the shores of Lake Victoria.
Mbita Point : Nakuru - Nairobi city - Departure
After breakfast, depart for Nairobi. Lunch will be served at Merica Hotel in Nakuru. After lunch, proceed to Nairobi arriving in the late afternoon by 5.00pm and being dropped at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in time for your departure flight.
- Inclusions -
- Park entry fees where applicable Ndere Island and Ruma National parks
- Exclusions -
- Local and international airfares.
- Extras -
- Kogelo Village , also known as Nyang'oma Kogelo, is USA President Barack Obama's Africa home, a rural village in Alego - Siaya District, Nyanza Province, Kenya. It is located near the equator, 40 kilometers west-northwest of Kisumu City, the provincial capital.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kisumu
- Boating Excursion inside Lake Victoria 4 Hrs - from 130 USD
- Charity tour at kogelo Village , One full day - from 270 USD
- Cultural safari to Maasai Mara Wildebeest Migration 11Days... - 11 days from 2480 USD
- Hiking in Mt Elgon from Kenya 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 780 USD
- Luo cultural tour, 7 days/6 nights - 7 days from 1750 USD
- Lake Victoria Wildlife, Boating, Cultural and Kogelo... - 3 days from 840 USD
- Gulf Of Lake Victoria Safaris and Kogelo Village visit , 8... - 8 days from 2480 USD
Email the tour operator - Lake Victoria and Kogelo Luo Cultural Tour 3 Days
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.