Charity tour at kogelo Village , One full day
- Price from:
- 270 USD /person
- +254 20 2252015
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- JKIA Nairobi/Kisumu Airport
- Location Finish:
- Kisumu Airport
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 08/26/2009
This is a one day trip that takes you to Kogelo village where the father of the USA president Barack Obamas father was born and
Arrival : Nairobi / Kisumu City - Kogelo village - Kisumu
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi or
alternatively on arrival at Kisumu International Airport, you will be met .
You will then depart Kisumu City in the morning and head through Kisumu
Busia road. You will then reach Maseno University gates and proceed just
150 meters from the Maseno University gates to the Equator Line Point.
After a photographic session on the Equator line, you will proceed to
Luanda town then, you will divert to the left heading straight to Ngiya
market. If you arrive on a Tuesday, then you will be lucky to have a
glimpse of the market day at Ngiya. You then proceed and divert onto the
left just before you reach Mbeji Academy onto the Murram road. You will
then take about 15 minutes before you arrive at the Kogelo Dispensary on
your right. After a visit of the dispensary proceed to the Kogelo market,
Kogelo primary school and Senator Barack Obama Secondary School. You will
then enter Sarah Obama's home behind the secondary school.
Groups at Kogelo
by our tour manager who will brief you on your community visits to Kogelo
before you are transferred to Kogelo from Kisumu International Airport.
We expect you to arrive in the morning flight from Nairobi; you will be
able to visit the Kogelo Community village during the day.
Packed lunch will be served en route, you will then return to the Kisumu
International Airport for your departure flights back to Nairobi.
End of services.
- Inclusions -
- Service of an English speaking driver guide
- Exclusions -
- Tips to driver guides and potters
- Extras -
- Kogelo, also known as Nyang'oma Kogelo, is a rural village in Alego -
Siaya District, Nyanza Province, Kenya. It is located near the equator,
40 kilometers west-northwest of Kisumu City, and the provincial capital.
Kisumu - Siaya road leads to Kogelo branching from Ng'iya junction.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kisumu
- Boating Excursion inside Lake Victoria 4 Hrs - from 130 USD
- Cultural safari to Maasai Mara Wildebeest Migration 11Days... - 11 days from 2480 USD
- Hiking in Mt Elgon from Kenya 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 780 USD
- Luo cultural tour, 7 days/6 nights - 7 days from 1750 USD
- Lake Victoria Wildlife, Boating, Cultural and Kogelo... - 3 days from 840 USD
- Gulf Of Lake Victoria Safaris and Kogelo Village visit , 8... - 8 days from 2480 USD
- Lake Victoria and Kogelo Luo Cultural Tour 3 Days - 3 days from 480 USD
Email the tour operator - Charity tour at kogelo Village , One full day
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.