Lake Manyara & Ngorongoro & Serengeti
- Price from:
- 920 USD /person
- +254 20 2716142 / 2735046
- +254 20 2735046
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Your hotel
- Location Finish:
- Your Hotrel
- Start time:
- 08.00 pm
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Japanese, Chinese
Last updated: 01/15/2007
THE TOUR WILL LET YOU HAVE A VIEW OF THE NGORONGORO CRATER and the famous Serengeti National Park
Day 1: Nairobi - Lake Manyara
After breakfast, you will be picked up from your Nairobi hotel.
Thereafter depart for Lake Manyara National Park, stopping at Namanga border town for immigration formalities and at Arusha town for lunch. Arrive in time for a game drive during which a fantastic array of bird life can be seen including flamingos that breed in the lake's alkaline waters. The park also offers a spectacular view of the Great Rift Valley and the fig forest here is a good place to see monkeys and some of the 350 species of birds that have been recorded here. With luck, you may spot the tree-climbing lions for which the park is famous.
Dinner and overnight at a campsite.
Day 2: Ngorongoro
An early breakfast will be followed by departure for Ngorongoro for a full day crater tour with a picnic lunch. The crater is 14.5km wide and is home to all the big five and hence the same may be seen. Hippos, cheetah, antelopes and the spotted hyena abound as well as flamingos in the crater lakes. In the evening ascend up and out of the steep and narrow crater walls for dinner and overnight at a campsite situated on the crater rim..
Day 3: Ngorongoro - Serengeti
After breakfast, depart the Ngorongoro Conservation Area for Serengeti National Park via the pre-historic site at Olduvai Gorge, which was discovered by the famous archaeologist Dr. L.S.B. Leakey. The park covers 12,944 km2 of open plains making it one of the largest in the world. The rocky out-crops referred to us
kopjes' in the eastern part of the park are of scenic beauty and occasionally various cats can be seen lazing on them. The park contains very vast herds of wildebeest, zebra, gazelle and other antelopes.
After your game drive you will retire for the night at a campsite after dinner.
Day 4: Serengeti
Morning and afternoon game drives in the Serengeti with a lunch and leisure break at the camp in the mid afternoon. The term
Serengeti' mean endless plains' in Masai language. In the central plains there are carnivores like lion, leopard, hyena and cheetah. This park is normally the scene off the annual migration of wildebeest and zebra, which occurs between the Serengeti and Kenya's Masai Mara. Eagles, flamingo, ducks, geese, egrets, vultures, secretary birds, ibis, stork, heron, kite, pelican, crane and guinea fowl are among the birds that can be seen in the park.
Dinner and overnight at a campsite.
Day 5: Serengeti - Nairobi
After breakfast, depart the Serengeti for Arusha for lunch
followed by your onward transfer to Nairobi via Namanga border town for immigration formalities, arriving in the late evening.
- Inclusions -
- All game parks or national parks entrance fees
- Exclusions -
- Tip and gratitudes
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Arusha
- Kilimanjaro Machame Route - 8 days from 1040 USD
Email the tour operator - Lake Manyara & Ngorongoro & Serengeti
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.