Kenya Maasai Mara Migration and Game Viewing Lodge Safari 6 Days 5 Nights
- Price from:
- 1980 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/22/2010
This is a seven days safari whereby you will be able to enjoy the best of Kenya's Game viewing .You will visit the unique Nairobi National Park, the famous Maasai Mara Game Reserve, which is also the 7th wonder of the world, and other top destination Game Reserves including; the Aberdares, Lake Nakuru and Amboseli National Park. During your stay here, you will travel alone with our tour guide/driver in a private minibus van and you will stay in lodges. Your satisfaction and comfort during your tour is our first priority.
Upon your arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will immediately be met and received by our Tour Manager who will then brief you on your Safari. He shall then transfer you to your Nairobi hotel where you will freshen up, have lunch and set off for an excursion around Nairobi city in the afternoon till evening.
Nairobi National Park is a unique wildlife sanctuary which is just a few kilometres from Nairobi's bustling city centre, with Nairobi boasting of having the only wildlife sanctuary to be found in the city precincts in the world. Despite its proximity over 50 species of mammals can be found there, including four of the Big Five with elephant species not being represented. The tour also includes a visit to the animal orphanage at the park gate. The tour returns to the city centre by sundown.
Dinner and Overnight Stay at the Fairview Hotel.
Nairobi- Aberdares National Park
After enjoying your breakfast at the hotel, you will depart to The Aberdares driving North Eastwards through the Central Highlands. You will arrive at the Aberdares country club in time for late lunch before you transfer to the Ark. You will sit at the balcony of the Ark watching numerous animals arriving to quench their thirst at the waterhole in front of the resort.
In the Aberdares you find icy rivers, spectacular waterfalls and rain forests. Here elephants, buffalos and other animals visit you at the floodlit waterholes of The Ark. Aberdares National Park has a diverse topography that includes icy rivers, spectacular waterfalls and rain forests. The flora and fauna is quite unique and is not found elsewhere in the country, expect on Mount Kenya. Leopard, elephant, serval, waterbuck, reedbuck, dikdik, rhino and the rare bongo can all be found here. You are sure to see elephants, buffalos and some other animals at the floodlit waterholes of Treetops Lodge. Birdlife is also plentiful, including the monkey eating crowned eagle.
Lunch at Aberdares Country Club, Dinner and Overnight at The Ark
6th October, 2009: Aberdares - Lake Nakuru National Park
After breakfast, you will be taken for game viewing drives in the Aberdares before returning to the Ark. After the drive at the mid morning hours you will be depart to Lake Nakuru National Park arriving in the afternoon hours. Lunch will be served en route. You will arrive in time to go for an evening game drive until dusk.
Dinner and overnight at Lake Nakuru lodge.
Lake Nakuru-Nairobi -Maasai Mara National Park
After breakfast at the lodge, you will depart for Maasai Mara National Reserve through Nairobi City where you will have your lunch at a city restaurant arriving in time check in at the lodge, have your Lunch and then depart for an afternoon Game viewing drive till dusk.
The Maasai Mara National Reserve, now the New 7th wonder of the world and 4th preferred tourist destination in the world is a home to wildlife in such abundance and variety that it is difficult to imagine. The most spectacular event of the natural world takes place here; The annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti (Tanzania) in search of water and pasture while being followed on their heels by the predators of the savanna; lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vulture. It hosts over 450 species of animals which include lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, warthogs, hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephants.
Dinner and overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge.
Maasai Mara National Park
Depart early in the morning for a pre-breakfast Game Viewing drive followed by breakfast there after at the campsite. Later in the afternoon you will depart for an afternoon Game viewing drive after your lunch till dusk. An option of balloon Game viewing is available.
The park inhabits a great number of wildebeests migrating from Serengeti National Reserve, Tanzania which makes the park almost the same with the same animal species. Their numbers are estimated in the million as this migration starts in July each year when over one million wildebeest along with large numbers of Thompson's gazelles, zebra and other herbivores migrate from the Serengeti plains in Tanzania to fresh pastures in the north and then back south again in October.
Dinner and overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge.
Mara- Nairobi - Amboseli National Park
Early morning breakfast and thereafter depart for Amboseli National park arriving at Amboseli in the afternoon. You will have lunch enroute and on arrival to the lodge, you will check in thereafter have a late afternoon game drive.
Amboseli is famous for its huge elephant herds. Africa's highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro sits in the upper slopes of Amboseli national park. Mt Kilimanjaro snow white peaks les across the border of Tanzania. Seeing Kilimanjaro hovering above the clouds in the early hours of the morning is quite an experience. For an enthusiastic photographer, animal pictures arising against the dramatic backdrop of the mountain is quite a thrill. Apart from the elephants, buffalos, black /rhino and other plain animals are in plenty.
Dinner and overnight stay at the Sentrim Amboseli Lodge or Similar.
Amboseli National Park- Nairobi- Departure
The combination of scenery, people and animals is what makes the park fascinating. Beautifully situated at the foot of the towering Kilimanjaro, it is the home of the brightly painted Maasai tribe. You may be able to see lions, cheetahs, spotted hyena and wild dogs. Also the Kaffir Buffaloes, Burch ells zebras and the herds of elephants. All this animals come to drink water at the water holes consisting of small lakes or muddy bonds kept filled up by the melting snows of Kilimanjaro.
End of safari.
- Inclusions -
- All park entrance fees - Full board accommodation while on this safari - Service of an English speaking driver/guide - Transport based on a safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Driver allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Hot air Balloon flight in Maasai Mara - US$ 450 per person extra (Price is subject to confirmation at the time of booking.) - Extras at the lodges and camps i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc. - International flight fees - Departure tax - Tips to porters and drivers
- Extras -
- Optional Balloon Flight
You can opt to carry out your game viewing activity on an adventurous and unforgettable balloon flight over the spectacular Mara at an extra cost. This package includes a champagne drink in the wild making it much interesting.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Amboseli
- Airbone Game Safari 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 3690 USD
- Game Fiesta Safari in Samburu National Park 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 920 USD
- Wildlife Extravaganza In Kenya 13 Days 12 Nights Safari - 13 days from 4580 USD
- Holiday Paradise Tour in Kenya 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 3600 USD
- Amboseli National Park private lodge Safari 3Days 2Nights... - 3 days from 685 USD
- Amboseli Camping Wildlife Safari 2 Days 1 Night - 2 days from 680 USD
- Airborne Game Safari from Nairobi-Mara-Amboseli 10 Days 9... - 10 days from 3690 USD
Email the tour operator - Kenya Maasai Mara Migration and Game Viewing Lodge Safari 6 Days 5 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.