Game Fiesta Safari in Samburu National Park 3 Days 2 Nights
- Price from:
- 920 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/22/2010
Samburu National park is one of the lesser known national parks, but is never the less teaming with life. Situated alongside the Ewaso Nyiro River, there is plenty to attract wildlife from the surrounding savannah plains.
The reserve is rich in wildlife with an abundance of rare northern specialist species such as the Grevy's zebra, Somali Ostrich, reticulated giraffe, gerenuk and the beisa oryx(also referred to as Samburu's special five.) The reserve s also popular with a minimum of 900 elephants, large predators such as the lion, leopard and cheetah are an important attraction.
Nairobi - Amboseli
Early in the morning pick up and tour briefing by our tour manager then proceed to Amboseli National Reserve arriving in time for lunch. After lunch proceed for the afternoon game drive in the park.
Amboseli national Park embodies five main wildlife habitats (open plains, acacia woodland, rocky thorn bushes country, swamps and marshlands) and covers part of a Pleistocene lake basin, now dry. Within this basin is a temporary lake, Lake Amboseli, that floods during years of heavy rainfall. Amboseli is famous for its big game and its great scenic beauty -and the landscape is dominated by the towering Mount Kilimanjaro.
Dinner and overnight at the lodge/camp.
Amboseli - Samburu
Spend the better part of the early morning exploring the Reserve in a pre breakfast game drive and get a chance to see elephants and giraffes among other wildlife. After breakfast depart for Samburu with lunch via Nairobi. Arrive in the early evening and check in.
Samburu buffalo springs and Shaba National reserve include in their boundaries all the flora and fauna to be found in the north of Kenya. The dry grassland interspersed with acacias is interrupted from time to time by rich green vegetation, wherever enough water is present. E.g. the banks of the Ewaso nyiro river (with its huge Nile crocodiles) or in marsh regions. This countryside dotted with volcanic peaks offer a sanctuary to a wide variety of animals. These baboons,' reticulate Giraffe's, Elephants, waterbucks, gerenuks and grevy zebras. Lion and Cheetahs are not quite so common but plenty of leopards can be sighted. There are no longer any rhinos.
Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Samburu camp.
Samburu - Nairobi
Spend the whole morning in Samburu slopes which has the rare reticulated giraffes and plenty of the cat family. After lunch at camp, depart for Nairobi with a final en-route game drive. Drop off at the airport.
End of safari.
- Inclusions -
- Transport based on a safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing - Park entry fee - Accommodation and all meals - Service of an English-speaking driver guide - Game drives as per the Itinerary - Government taxes
- Exclusions -
- Tips to driver guides and porter. - Extras at the lodges - tips, drinks, telephone, laundry etc - Items of personal expenses. - International air fares
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Amboseli
- Airbone Game Safari 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 3690 USD
- Kenya Maasai Mara Migration and Game Viewing Lodge Safari 6... - 6 days from 1980 USD
- Wildlife Extravaganza In Kenya 13 Days 12 Nights Safari - 13 days from 4580 USD
- Holiday Paradise Tour in Kenya 10 Days 9 Nights - 10 days from 3600 USD
- Amboseli National Park private lodge Safari 3Days 2Nights... - 3 days from 685 USD
- Amboseli Camping Wildlife Safari 2 Days 1 Night - 2 days from 680 USD
- Airborne Game Safari from Nairobi-Mara-Amboseli 10 Days 9... - 10 days from 3690 USD
Email the tour operator - Game Fiesta Safari in Samburu National Park 3 Days 2 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud: